Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Defo worth the wait :)

Status

Petrol Station Queuing!!!!

Why do people insist on queuing out of a petrol station when there are free pumps on the forecourt and you have to end up waiting on the road!!!

The issue here is that people want to use the pump so its nearer to their petrol cap!!!

Its not that hard for the pipe to be stretched round to the other side of your car without touching it either!!

I had this the other day, load of people in front, nobody wanted to go to the pumps furthest in as their cap was on the wrong side, I beeped the woman in front and she hurled some serious abuse, when she eventually moved, so I could get in, I went to the pump, filled up 50, went inside, got a drink, queued up and paid, when I got in my car, she was still waiting to fill up!!!

Rant over!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    I do my filling after hours Nilzy, as the two Shell stations local to me are 24hrs, so no need to queue, plus I'm suppose to be getting more fuel in the nighe, as it's colder or something similar? Normal unleaded price for Shell in KingHeath was 118.9 p/l last night btw, 2p more @Shirley triangle.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Lost in music...

Status
    That used to bother me, but now I just drive round 'em then fill up with the filler cap on the "wrong" side of the car. Time saved...

Only problem is that when you go to grab the pump's fuel filler nozzle or line, round my way they're always splashed with diesel & no gloves each time! Bloody smelly, slippery hands...
    123d MSport coupe from the company

2007 S3 in sprint blue - gone!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    i thought id be slick the other day pulled up ont he wrong side thinking no problem ill ust pull it over and i got and the hose was too short! i reversed over a little bit as close as i could but it still werent enough. i had to drive out and go up and down the road just to join the queue again. now ill think twice! lol

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    You know what annoys me even more than people queing like that...............

Imagine this:
    I am driving down a road where the petrol station is on the right hand side. I pull up level with the station and wait for a space in the oncoming traffic so I can turn right from the road into the petrol station's forecourt. As I am waiting for a space, people driving towards me see me waiting to enter the petrol station but they just turn left straight into it and get to the pumps first. P*sses me right off!!!
    I've been waiting to turn in to an empty station before, but by the time I can pull in there has been 549 other cars coming from the other direction that have now got in there before me.
    Makes me want to scream!!!!!! (Even though I do it to other people when I'm driving on the petrol station side of the road.)

5th Gear

Status
    most of the petrol stations are stupidly busy round my area
    V-power 1.32 a litre, fooking joke, doesn't evne last long

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    No, it doesn't last long.... Sadly.

132 ish here as well depending on where you go, and I reckon a full tank gets me to work and back for 3 days. Ouch.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

5th Gear

Status
    cost me on average 38 (half a tank) a week to get to work and back

6th Gear

Status
    I hate waiting behind a car at the pump for ages whilst the owner decides to do their monthly shop in the pertol station. And them come wadling out 10 mins later with arm fulls of pringles and wine gums
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I hate people that have got their petrol, paid for it, got back into their car, started the engine, AND THEN F*CKING SIT THERE FOR WHAT FEELS LIKE THE NEXT 20 YEARS!!!!

Do they not realise that I'm about to get out of my car and kill them stone dead?

You've got your sh*t, now drive the f*ck on and let me get some of that sh*t too... BAST*RD!!!!!

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookstein View Post
    I hate waiting behind a car at the pump for ages whilst the owner decides to do their monthly shop in the pertol station. And them come wadling out 10 mins later with arm fulls of pringles and wine gums
    Lol just made me crack up pretty loudly at the office. Seen it soo many times n it always pissed me off something chronic!

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Wow...im not the only one then!!

Ummm, hold on let me reset my dash, put my belt on, and im outta here!!!

But then theres....let me reset my dash, let me tune my fave radio station in, let me sort my mirror out, then my seat, let me check my doors are locked, let me adjust my seat a bit more set the right temperature on the CC, ok i think im ready to go now....oh no hold on, let me get my wallet out of my pocket as its uncomfortable when im driving, did i put my lights on...let me just double check that, ok my mirror once more...thats when they see me saying GET THE F*CK OUT OF THE WAY!!!! AARRRGGGHHHHHH

OK, thats it

On a positive note, VP is 'only' 125.9 near us at the mo!!!

Oh and one more thing the stations near us, regularly run out of normal unleaded and Diesel, and they only have V Power, its such a great feeling to just stroll in and go to a pump and fill up, while 10 others are queued up to fill up with the only pump on the forecourt with the cheapo stuff...lol

5th Gear

Status
    i never go to the wrong side pump, dont want the hose touching my car, so insted ill spin the car around and reverse upto the pump, i have to do this with the van aswell as the filler is behind the front doors

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    No, it doesn't last long.... Sadly.

132 ish here as well depending on where you go, and I reckon a full tank gets me to work and back for 3 days. Ouch.
    No wonder you want to sell up Alex! That expensive huh?

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    No wonder you want to sell up Alex! That expensive huh?
    It pains me. Greatly.

I don't help myself, this lead right foot makes trips expensive...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    It pains me. Greatly.

I don't help myself, this lead right foot makes trips expensive...
    Expensive but fun!

5th Gear

Status
    another pet hate about petrol stations, ppl who put 5 of fuel in there car they pay with a card

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    Ahhhh one of my hates.

Another one, your waiting behind someone to use the pump, they fill up, pay, get back in the car then sit there for ages arseing around on the car before moving off.

Up the owls!

Status
    +1 for people who arse around after getting back in the car, delaying everyone else who is queing behind them. If you absolutly have to d1ck about before driving away then at least pull forward to let others in, you can d1ck about as much as you like then.

Also, people who are paying by card but still go into the kiosk to queue up and pay - use the pay at pump you moron
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by consilio View Post
    Also, people who are paying by card but still go into the kiosk to queue up and pay - use the pay at pump you moron
    Hmmm... not sure about this one.
    I always go inside when paying by card because 90% of the time the pay at pump thing doesn't work... or it doesn't print out a receipt... or it doesn't start giving me fuel for agggeessss... or I want to buy a packet of chewing gums.... etc etc etc.

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    I hate it when people get their passengers to fill up the car, go and pay.
    when their passenger is queuing up, the drive still sits in the car hogging the pump.
    Why dont they move out of the way and park in a parking bay or somewhere else.
    I want to use the pump as well, so does the 20odd people behind me.

Another one is the people who pulls up to the first pump in a row and gets out, just as the person in front of them drives off.
    Why dont they get back in to the car and move forward a pump, Its not like they started to get fuel or even taken the fuel cap off.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Axios View Post
    I hate it when people get their passengers to fill up the car, go and pay.
    when their passenger is queuing up, the drive still sits in the car hogging the pump.
    Why dont they move out of the way and park in a parking bay or somewhere else.
    I want to use the pump as well, so does the 20odd people behind me.
    In London we dare not move the car before payment has been made otherwise they think you are trying to drive off without paying, and the security guard jumps on your bonnet, holding on to your windscreen wiper with one hand and spraying you with pepper spray with the other.

And anyway, I don't think the next person can start filling up at the pump until the payment for the last purchase has been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Axios View Post
    Another one is the people who pulls up to the first pump in a row and gets out, just as the person in front of them drives off.
    Why dont they get back in to the car and move forward a pump, Its not like they started to get fuel or even taken the fuel cap off.
    +1

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    In London we dare not move the car before payment has been made otherwise they think you are trying to drive off without paying, and the security guard jumps on your bonnet, holding on to your windscreen wiper with one hand and spraying you with pepper spray with the other.

And anyway, I don't think the next person can start filling up at the pump until the payment for the last purchase has been made.
    HAHA, thats made me laugh. lol
    I've seen some funny looks for the cashers when i've done it. lol

The older till units (Big square buttons and flashing lights) can take 2 transations per pump before they need to clear one. Most modern units can take even more.

Avantageous

Status
    I always go into the petrol station instead of paying at pump. Occasionaly its to buy cigarettes/drink, but mostly because I love the way my car looks in the petrol station

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Why do people insist on queuing out of a petrol station when there are free pumps on the forecourt and you have to end up waiting on the road!!!

The issue here is that people want to use the pump so its nearer to their petrol cap!!!

Its not that hard for the pipe to be stretched round to the other side of your car without touching it either!!

I had this the other day, load of people in front, nobody wanted to go to the pumps furthest in as their cap was on the wrong side, I beeped the woman in front and she hurled some serious abuse, when she eventually moved, so I could get in, I went to the pump, filled up 50, went inside, got a drink, queued up and paid, when I got in my car, she was still waiting to fill up!!!

Rant over!!!
    Well, you say it's easy to pull the nozzle around to the otherside, but youtube would disagree...

YouTube - Woman Fails At Using Petrol Pump

I also agree with every rant here though, mainly the one where the customer refuses to move to the front pump, leaving an empty pump, grrrrr.

And ChrisFurlong, your post cracked me up!

Oh, and THIS is why it's best to get passengers to fill up for you. (Probably seem them both before, but two of my favourite youtube videos)
    Last edited by crazy88; 14th December 2010 at 12:40.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    Well, you say it's easy to pull the nozzle around to the otherside, but youtube would disagree...

YouTube - Woman Fails At Using Petrol Pump

I also agree with every rant here though, mainly the one where the customer refuses to move to the front pump, leaving an empty pump, grrrrr.

And ChrisFurlong, your post cracked me up!

Oh, and THIS is why it's best to get passengers to fill up for you. (Probably seem them both before, but two of my favourite youtube videos)
    LMFAO, thats brill.
    Now passing it round the office. Thanks.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    have u ever started filling up and the person in front of u comes out the shop n drives off. And then some great big 4x4 or van pulls up into the space in front of u and blocks u in. With a queue behind u cant reverse n u cant squeeze through the gap to get out. that pisses me off!

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    If you do pull the hose over to the other side and fill, make sure you still have the pump handle the right way up, it won't cut off otherwise and you will get a bit wet, and smelly, and flamable.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

6th Gear

Status
    Help run garage/workshop & i've seen it all.

I find it funny the people lifting the hose to get every last drip out of pump like its going to go past the trigger LOL

Dont like it when people rattle the nozzle in the fill pipe, it wont get you any more fuel & is more likely to crack the aluminium nozzle & probably the vibrations will clock up an extra penny.

Jojo, with the tanks under the ground the temperature is pretty stable so the fuel doesnt expand/contract that much unless the temperature difference is constant over a longer period.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    Help run garage/workshop & i've seen it all.

I find it funny the people lifting the hose to get every last drip out of pump like its going to go past the trigger LOL

Dont like it when people rattle the nozzle in the fill pipe, it wont get you any more fuel & is more likely to crack the aluminium nozzle & probably the vibrations will clock up an extra penny.

Jojo, with the tanks under the ground the temperature is pretty stable so the fuel doesnt expand/contract that much unless the temperature difference is constant over a longer period.
    Well its either tap it it to ensure it does'nt drip, or have it piss all over my paint work as i pull it out! I know which i prefer.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post

Rant over!!!
    I understand your point nilz, but many petrol stations have pipes that really do not reach and then you just look like a f****g idiot.

I have found the best tactic is to turn the car round and reverse, works a treat!

And i never fuel up during rush hour or busy times, i always go out of hours to avoid all of this!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post

Cheers, you just spoilt my evening.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    have u ever started filling up and the person in front of u comes out the shop n drives off. And then some great big 4x4 or van pulls up into the space in front of u and blocks u in. With a queue behind u cant reverse n u cant squeeze through the gap to get out. that pisses me off!
    Definatly agree with that dave lol

Especially when your on the pay at pumps and you have just paid.

But by far the biggest annoyance is watching people going to the pay at pumps and then walking into the f*****g petrol station to pay.ARRRHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Well its either tap it it to ensure it does'nt drip, or have it piss all over my paint work as i pull it out! I know which i prefer.
    LOL, na, I mean violent rattling as if your beating eggs.
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

well you better unsell them, sharpish!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b View Post
    another pet hate about petrol stations, ppl who put 5 of fuel in there car they pay with a card
    why?

2003 2.0 FSI SE A4 Avant

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by baynesey View Post
    why?
    I don't see what the problem is with that either.

2nd Gear

Status
    Most of the time i go out of hours so i see plenty of dickheads that park up at the pumps to just use the shop and get no petrol. There's also the boners that take up all the space between the pumps.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    I wont ever use a pump on the wrong side, that just annoys me. Having said that, if i'm queueing, i'll always try to ensure i park in such a way that others can get past if need be.

Pay at pump really annoys me. Its a great invention, which they then f*ck up by only allowing a maximum draw of 60. I only ever brim my tank, which with the current fuel prices results in it taking about 15 times as long as it would had you just paid inside, and you get dirty looks as you hang the pump up, then pull it back out 10 seconds later after having reswiped the card so you can fit an additional 10quid in the tank!

If its busy and theres a queue, i'll always draw forward and park infront of the kiosk if theres enough room, that way someone else can get in behind and start filling, or alternatively if me and the missus are there, one of us will go in to pay and the other will fill. If you time it right you get to the front of the queue just as she hangs the nozzle up.

Some of the above points will be station specific, Some stations have enough room to easily drive past the pump infront, others dont. Some have certain lanes marked as pay at pump only, some dont.

Westy: i used to love it when me dad had his beat up old transit van, When folk parked **** and were half blocking the pump like you described, he'd draw in anyway about 20mm from their drivers door, and set to filling up. They then ended up standing there like a muppet while he went in and paid, or alternatively made a fool of themselves by clambering in the passenger door and climbing over! Great fun, but i wouldnt like to do that in the Audi, as the moron might end up damaging the car while trying to get out.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Status
    I think more stations should be like Asda's petrol stations.
    Drive in, fill up, drive off, pay on the way out, go home.
    easy, will solve alot of the above moaning.

Aragorn, tesco near me has upped their limit to 99.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    I find Pay @ the Pump is a faster option in England,

In Turkey, you pull up, the guys ask you how much you want, fill it for you whilst his mate cleans your windows and all you have to do is pay him from the comfort of your seat, not once getting out unless you want a pee or trip into the shop, no Q's and no messing about,