Mike Ashley

Geordie Mike

Yeee-haw
Reaction score
There just aren't enough rude words on the internet to describe what a moron the man is. It beggars belief, even for the modern "game". *sigh*

I know your a Geordie but I'm gonna try be honest. Couldn't see chris hughton being there for many years if you wanna start climbing the table. Martin o neill or martin jol for the job. Still, I felt sorry for him big time. Stab in the back.

Chris Hughton has managed Newcastle United exceptionally well through a period of extraordinary instability, which at times bordered on the farcical. Whilst doing that, he conducted himself at all times with a level of dignity that Mike Ashley could never comprehend and that the club, in its current form, does not deserve.

Even though I am a Sunderland man, I feel for you, Geordie Mike. You and your fellow fans deserve so much more than this.

it's well out of order... Ashley is completely deluded. We're further up the table than I was anticipating at this stage of the season. Plus any manager who oversees a 5-1 thrashing of the Mackams deserves much more respect!

I know your a Geordie but I'm gonna try be honest. Couldn't see chris hughton being there for many years if you wanna start climbing the table. Martin o neill or martin jol for the job. Still, I felt sorry for him big time. Stab in the back.

I understand that he is not Pep Guardiola, but, lets be honest, Newcastle aren't a powerhouse in football. All the common fan wants is for us to not be relegated. A cup run would be nice. We know we aren't going to spend 20 million on a player, nor do I want us to. Football is seriously broken, and all I want is for my club to be on a stable footing. That means a focus on youth, wages as a sensible % of turnover, etc. That is how we are trying to operate, and Chris Hughton was getting performances from the team as a result. And it's the first time, probably since the 90s, that we have actually been a team. Now we are back to being a perenial laughing stock. We are Newcastle United Comedy Club (to steal shamelessly from the Fiver, a Guardian football e-mail) - it's a deserved tag. I look at that lot down the road, and I see the set up they have in terms of running the club - that is how it is meant to be.

Any new big name is going to want to come in and buy his own players. That means money, and breaking up the team spirit. It's moronic. The only glimmer of hope I have is that this is part of some deal to sell the club, and the new owners didn't want to take the flak associated with getting rid of Chris. But if they don't want Chris, then I'm wondering if I want them at the club either. I would much rather follow the route followed by Sunderland (not a sentence I type all that often) rather than that of Man Citeh. But most of all I'm just disappointed. Chris had it right with how a manager should conduct himself, and that was, by and large, reflected in the players (we still have some great examples of stupid behaviour). You could actually be proud of him, and forget about the fact that we had the moron at the top. Who could possibly be proud to be a Geordie today?

Couldn't agree more Mike. It makes me weep that Ashley ever got involved in NUFC but it seems we are stuck with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Beardsley ends up being caretaker longer than he'd like to be. What 'big name' manager is going to want to come to Newcastle to work under the Ashley regime (undermined, back stabbed, overruled etc) unless they're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic....

Sigh.

Premier League - Paper Round: Hughton's crazy life at Newcastle - Yahoo! Eurosport nice little article there wether its true or not who knows.

I managed to go to a Newcastle game last season where the fans taunted him "you fat ******* get out of our club", Couldnt really understand why there was so much hate for the guy,but now its come to light hes a plonker. Got to feel for chris hughton, to be as high up as they are and beating the caliber of teams theve beaten on there return to the premiership is exceptional.

I'd like to see the Newcastle do well but this can surely only be bad for their season.

thing is though what did houghton do wrong?

Also what is he gonna do with all the suits he just bought lol

I really shouldn't have looked at the bbc sport website. Alan Pardew.

:keule:

Well, you guys kicked Liverpool's *** with Alan Pardew's first game at the helm, so maybe all is not too bad. Don't get me wrong, I think Chris Hughton was treated badly, and I'm definitely not a Pardew fan, but he's there now, so see what happens I guess....