not really a rant... but baby names.... seriously

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
I dont know if im being harsh but...

Spoke to a family member who is quite young and having a baby, had a scan and confirmed its a girl. Which is great... but why do some people insist on afflicting the kiddy with such stupid names.

When she told me she wants to call it cienna, i had to hold back as too not offend.

Unfortunetely when growing up, this child is going to have to bear the brunt for her parents stupidity :(

Im only 23, but would never dream of calling a child anything along the lines of this... :ermm:

ps, sorry if youve called called your british child cienna.... you muppets:p

yeh i agree thats a BAD name, im 23 and we have just had our first baby, we called her Ava which to be honest, i thought was abit hit or miss when the mrs's first suggested it but its grown on me :D

but yeah, there are some truely aweful names coming out of the wood work it seems!!

Congratulations.

I would also be wary of Ava, although it does roll nicely off the tongue.

Wish I was mature enough to be allowed a child lol

LOL....names are a right pain!!!

Even more so when you are choosing one for your own child, you have to take into consideration all the cusses and mickey taking that could take place and a lifetime of disaster for that poor child!!!

When we had our little one, I was ripping anything and everything my Wife was suggesting as I didnt want him to deal with the cussing Idiots like me would put against him in the playground.

We called out girl Lexie. (Lex) different and pretty all in one imo.

How about Mia? Thats what i'd call my lil girl (IF i was a dad to be)

We called our girl Layla. I think it's a great name, with a great song to go with it!

here...listen for yourself!

Choosing a name is hard though, and as mentioned before we didn't want to have her rediculed but didn't want a boring name like laura (her mum, haha).

Reactions: Av4nt
Lexie and Layla both have approval from me lol. Both very pretty names. I wouldn't say those names would be an affliction personally.

I can imagine name choosing to be difficult, I dont think I could give a final decision. Would baby 001 be okay? Lol

Also does anybody know if you could be sued for naming you child after a brand and wherever you could theoretically name them a naughty word? Haha

Isabella as it has hints of english & italian, also shortened Issy & Bella are both nice names imho, I actually wanted to name her Amelie which is for me a fantastic name, but having the cat & kid with same name didnt go down well at all, maybe 2nd time will get my way for a girl, although a boy would be nice in 3 years time with thoughts on Lorenzo.

Nice names Ay....I really like them, very unusual, but also unique.

We named our lad Shayan, nice and simple and easily pronouncable.

My Daughter is called Mia, which stands for Made In Amsterdam!

Reactions: hendry10
I quite like the name Cienna, I dont like names that you hear everyday but i'd always make sure they were never stupid enough for my kids to get picked on for :)

I like DAVE personally

Well there lots of silly names you dont hear every day for a reason. There is such a broad range of british name available, just go for one of them lol. To me naming them something else is more of a fashion than anything. I do like a 'beautiful british name' lol

My girl is called Megan, which k changed lastminute.com

my wifes due in a couple of months, so far its going to be

Boy - Lewis or Owen
Girl - Milly but we would go with Amelia as she could choose Milly or Amy when she is older

My girl is called Megan, which k changed lastminute.com

Premature post.... Nothing changes lol...
Megan, which i changed lastminute.com but was going to be called Taylor. Woke up one day and thought it sounded chavi. My boy is called Noah which I think is pretty cool and he really suits it. You have to put a shed load of thought into kids name otherwise you end up with somat like chelsea lea!!
Some nice names there guys.

my wifes due in a couple of months, so far its going to be

Boy - Lewis or Owen
Girl - Milly but we would go with Amelia as she could choose Milly or Amy when she is older

My mates just called his little girl Amelia... Think it's an ace name beautiful when full and cool shortened.

The old classic names are making a huge come back. My brother's son is named Reggie.

im 20 and have unfortunately thought about this many times..... nothing planned (well she has) and the only thing ive decided that if its a little girl its mia, end of story :)

my missus said if she ever had a girl she would wanna call it Elcey-may

i cant decide if its chavy or not.

I like the name Elcey though. Old school but still cool

I dont like it when poeple name their kids after fruit, clothing, citys or cars. It just seems wrong and double barrel first names (no offence to any one).

Famous poeple are the worst with stupid baby names

My mate named her little girl after a underwear maker cause she really likes their bras (i can't remember the name now.)

I guess i'm more traditional when it comes to names.

We called our girl Layla. I think it's a great name, with a great song to go with it!

here...listen for yourself!

Choosing a name is hard though, and as mentioned before we didn't want to have her rediculed but didn't want a boring name like laura (her mum, haha).

Lovely name....we called our daughter Layla and our boy Maxwell.

weve got 2 boys the both have pretty boring names in comparison to the ones up here..
our oldest is Mathew and the youngest is Adam
and no im not a church goer every sunday.. as my aunt Susan pointed out are both names from the bible

Oh, and just to update this. Our boy is called Will. I found boys names much harder than girls. Girls can have a cute name for life, boys need a mans name for when they grow up.

Reactions: BigWillyStyle
I dont think Cienna is too bad, i think the problem is mostly to do with the spelling of it, maybe trying to be a bit to 'Posh'.

My son is called William 'Morgan' Smith. My name is Will Smith and so is my dad and so on so its a bit of a tradition in our family. Luckily my wife always wanted to name her son William too!

This is one of the things that makes me go crazy every now and again, ive had a rant at my mum for it before because of what she told me a family friend named their kids. I cant remember, and im glad! because they need a right good slap.

i text my mum, they were Faith, Ace and Sailor.

:keule::ohmy::puke2::applaus::banghead::scared2::rtfm:

Last edited:
I like Cienna too but would spell it Sienna! It took me ages to decide on my sons name, he wasn't named till a week after his birth. He is called Cameron (Cam for short), my daughter was named before she was born and called Leah (Lee for short). I wanted to call my son Joshua but since his cousin is called Josh it wasn't really appropriate.

I feel sorry for these celebrity kids though, Peaches, Apple, North and the recent one where a couple wanted to called their son Messiah! I mean seriously, get a grip.

Reactions: jbh
My mate named her little girl after a underwear maker cause she really likes their bras (i can't remember the name now.) I guess i'm more traditional when it comes to names.[/QUOTE said:
front loading??

I like the name Frank. Not sure why but I think its a good name.
The wife don't seem that fond of it but after talking to my dad about it he killed all chance of me having a son called frank.

Me: I really like the name Frank.
Dad: You can't have a son called Frank.
Me: Why?
Dad: Cause it sounds like ****.
Me: Good point, but it might be ok?
Dad: No. It also rhymes with tank, plank, bank, stank.
Me: So I can't call my son Frank cause someone might go, Where's frank? Oh, he's being the bank having a **** on a plank in a tank and it stank.
Dad: Yeah, pretty much.

We can call our son Samuel Oliver cause his initials spell son.

That's decided then lol.