AH FabricationsBadger5

Thread: Gas meter men

S3 Drift King!

Status

Gas meter men

You know the ones, they come knocking at your door occasionally and ask to read your gas and electric meters.

Had one read my meter reading wrong and got it wrong by 10k units, cue an electric bill for Ł3k+, so after a load of phonecalls, I finally got them to accept the corrected meter reading and adjust my bill accordingly. So had a guy come do the reading today, and I watched him do it, then I said to him "hope you don't mind me double checking on your reading, it cost me a few grand last time which I had to get back!', he said fine, and again, he got the reading out by 10k FFS!

OK, it's an analogue meter, but they should be trained to read these things!

Does anyone know if digital ones are more accurate? It's a very old one, and I think I need to foot the bill to change it to a digital one, as it's a commercial property?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

2. # ADS
    ADS

Chugger

Status
    all meters are analogue expect the coin meters i believe. Its just the older ones are harder to read because they end up between 2 digits.

They are slowly replacing all the old indoor meters round our area... very slowly.
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

Status
    Think it's only about Ł50 to have a digital meter put in. Or at least EDF told me that's what I'd have to pay for my Eco 20:20 meter if I cancel my contract early...

If it doesn't cost too much I'd say it's definatly worth doing after being in a similar situation and nearly having a coronary when I got a bill for Ł800+
    Cheap and Reliable is not Fast. Cheap and Fast is not Reliable. Fast and Reliable is not Cheap!

6th Gear

Status
    I read my own, email my own and get my bills up to date and online

They send a guy to check the reading every 6 months, and then i double check the readings he gives.

I signed up for there Ł10 a month thing, for Ł10 a month i get free boiler servicing every year and cover against problems with npower.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque