Gas meter men

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
You know the ones, they come knocking at your door occasionally and ask to read your gas and electric meters.

Had one read my meter reading wrong and got it wrong by 10k units, cue an electric bill for £3k+, so after a load of phonecalls, I finally got them to accept the corrected meter reading and adjust my bill accordingly. So had a guy come do the reading today, and I watched him do it, then I said to him "hope you don't mind me double checking on your reading, it cost me a few grand last time which I had to get back!', he said fine, and again, he got the reading out by 10k ***!

OK, it's an analogue meter, but they should be trained to read these things!

Does anyone know if digital ones are more accurate? It's a very old one, and I think I need to foot the bill to change it to a digital one, as it's a commercial property?

all meters are analogue expect the coin meters i believe. Its just the older ones are harder to read because they end up between 2 digits.

They are slowly replacing all the old indoor meters round our area... very slowly.

Think it's only about £50 to have a digital meter put in. Or at least EDF told me that's what I'd have to pay for my Eco 20:20 meter if I cancel my contract early...

If it doesn't cost too much I'd say it's definatly worth doing after being in a similar situation and nearly having a coronary when I got a bill for £800+

I read my own, email my own and get my bills up to date and online

They send a guy to check the reading every 6 months, and then i double check the readings he gives.

I signed up for there £10 a month thing, for £10 a month i get free boiler servicing every year and cover against problems with npower.