Scottish Speed Camera Authorities & Tomtom

Reaction score
We took a family holiday to Scotland three years ago and on our return I was clocked on the A74(M) (at the camping ground for a camera van that sits on the overbridge in Dumfries and Galloway, north of Gretna). I took the punishment as I was in the wrong. Anyhow, early this year my points were cleared and at the same time I had a renewal notice for my licence...Happy days...clean licence again.

Earlier this month we went up again to have a bit of a break and visit family. I have to say I normally follow my nose, but recently I have relied on my Tomtom Go 720T more because it is great for traffic updates. Anyway, it got me slightly lost on the M8 on our return and where I thought I was on the M9 slip road, I was actually on the Newbridge junction. The buggers have a chuffin speed camera on it and whilst I was gradually increasing my speed to join what I thought was the motorway, I was clocked again!

The other thing that really annoys me is that I paid good money to keep my satnav and maps up to date, to only recently realise that the camera warnings have been taken off, because you have to pay extra!:wtf: