Chris NottSky Insurance
    S3 Drift King!

Status

Door to door sellers.

OK, I nearly fell victim to one of these today. Had a chap knock on my door earlier today trying to sell me double glazing which I already have. But he noticed my garage door was a bit dodgy and asked me if I wanted a quote, I thought why not, I'm free for the day, so I was booked in for 4pm.

Didn't think much of it at first, as these are the same guys that fitted my windows and doors almost 10 years ago, but the guy wanted to know if me and the other half will be here when they turned up? I got a courtesy call @3pm to confirm my appointment, and even then, the woman asked if me and my other half will be here?

So comes 4pm, and the chap is prompt, arrived here smack bang on 4pm, and polite as firk, I'm not use to this... so he goes on about the company and it's history etc. zzzzZZZZzzZZz.... at which point, I said to him, give me an idea of how much this garage door is going to cost. He opened his book and a few stabs on his calculator, he goes... wait for it... 'four thousand pounds is what we are looking at before any discounts!'.

It's at this point, I realised why the other half needs to be here, it's to catch me when I faint from hearing the words 'four thousand pounds' So I quickly said to him, ok, I don't want to waste yours and my time, but I hadn't plan on paying anywhere near 1k for a garage door, nevermind 4k, and he got the idea quick! Tried to be as polite as possible and left within 5 minutes.

PHEW!

Who the hell pays 4k for a standard sized garage door to be fitted ffs?

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

2. # ADS
    ADS

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    4k!!!!! no way! Is that for a triple garage lol! So I take it he left after you fell to the floor lol!

Try B&Q lol, loads cheaper!

Bet they dont sell many!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

Chugger

Status
    4k!, i dont think anybody in there right mind would pay that, it would probably take under 4 hours for 2 people to fit them. And you can pick bog standard doors up for 260 from screwfix. Mental
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

..... (_!_) Sarah's A3s #1 Fan
    Railway Line Champion

Status
    FFS, WOW, can't believe that................, B&Q and Wickes do garage doors. Phew, that would take a couple of 1 delivery charges.

Jojo, if we call by and pick up some food on the way back from AITP at your place, is there anywhere to eat sat down (apart from in the car)? I'll have to bring some plates, mmhh, maybe plastic ones or paper....? You'll have to give us the address/ location etc to see how far it is off our route through to the M6 north bound through B'ham...???
    Audi A6 Avant (2002) 2.5 V6 Quattro. Sunroof, Bluetooth mp3 Xcarlink, 6cd, xenons, tints, ST3, 18" RS6s
    I have VCDS and I'm not afraid to use it, well, a little bit?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    Jojo, if we call by and pick up some food on the way back from AITP at your place, is there anywhere to eat sat down (apart from in the car)? I'll have to bring some plates, mmhh, maybe plastic ones or paper....? You'll have to give us the address/ location etc to see how far it is off our route through to the M6 north bound through B'ham...???
    Haha, it's a take away I'm afraid, nowhere to sit, and it's a bit of a detour if you are going straight up the M6, as that takes you pass B'ham, not through it. Plus I won't be in the country on AITP day.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400