Is this true?

ADEY

Reaction score
Picked up my A3 last night and parked outside was a black R8
After ruining the paintwork by drooling all over it the salesman said from when you order one (if your very lucky!) it can take up to 18months before you take delivery!!!! is this correct?
Also he said that Audi Germany deal with you direct - with the timescale does this mean they only build to order?
Apologys if this is 'old ground':sorry:

Audi build all their cars to order no just R8s. The demand for the R8 has is such that they are changing hands for much more than RRP just so people can get one earlier. I'd say 18 months for a brand new one is what you have to expect.

Picked up my A3 last night and parked outside was a black R8
After ruining the paintwork by drooling all over it the salesman said from when you order one (if your very lucky!) it can take up to 18months before you take delivery!!!! is this correct?
Also he said that Audi Germany deal with you direct - with the timescale does this mean they only build to order?
Apologys if this is 'old ground':sorry:

yep spoke to a guy at a tradeshow in nov07 and his was due for delivery q3 this year.

One dealership that I know has sold 35 of them allready and the uk is on a limit of circa 850 - theres one preowened (1700 mi) at essex audi http://www.essex-audi.co.uk/ for £94995.00 if your rich

Try phoning up an Audi dealer to 'sell' an R8. I think you will find that the bid will be below the cost of the car (incl options). Bear in mind that these cars typically have £10-20k of options fitted.