RS Q3 better than a RS3?

ex911driver

Reaction score
Anyone read the review of the new RS Q3 in Evo mag?
They have stated it is better to drive than the RS3, 4,5,6 or 7! Wait until the RS3 section see this.lol

Reactions: SBM
They have stated it is better to drive than the RS3, 4,5,6 or 7! Wait until the RS3 section see this.lol
Ive read it and if it was available last July i would of bought one instead of my RS3 ,already spoken to my dealer they've got two on order for end Feb early March delivery il have a test drive and if i like it il be putting an order in.I really like the RS3 its a great car but the RSQ3 is a more practical car for my needs.

Reactions: ex911driver
I watched one of the reviews on youtube. The bloke seemed to enjoy it. I probably would have spent the extra 6k to get one if I could have ordered one at the time.

I've got my new Q3 to pick up tomorrow. Looks great. The best looking Q3 to come through my local dealer so far.

View attachment 23845

Last edited:
Reactions: L1ARR, ex911driver and DAYTONA 500
I've got a test drive organised for Friday

90% certain that I'm buying an S3 - but I saw the RSQ3 in the dealership and it's an itch I need to scratch before I order the S3

better than an RS4 or 6 errr...no.

Reactions: Jerbla, SBM, kanecullen89 and 2 others
I'd never even heard of one until I saw one at j33 m1 on Thursday and I think they look great ! When I read up on the internet about them I was even more impressed.

My new a3 was delayed when I ordered it so I had a 2.0 tdi s line 177 Quattro q3 fully loaded from dealer as courtesy car and I liked that a lot too.

Sean

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390315134087333

Some clues as to what the RS3 front might look like perhaps...

Blue one in bexleyheath audi SOLD
looks like a fun car
48k!

48k!!! For that price SQ5 is a no brainer... Bigger, faster, better!

I sold my 8V S3 after 5 months, I found it a little dull / clinical (good things too many I know), and have now ended up with an RSQ3, it is technically slower on paper, but a totally different experience, much better noise. Sure it rolls a little in corners, and I don't think the s-tronic is as smooth, but it's fun and makes a great noise....

I did consider the SQ5 but the wait was lengthy and I liked the noise/looks of the RSQ3.

Given it's on the latest platform you'd hope it would be good, but 'better' is a subjective word depending on your personal needs. The day I'll need one of those I'll be living up the side of a mountain and I wouldn't want anything that flash.

As someone who doesn't really get 'SUVs' can someone who owns one explain to me what they offer over say a Quattro Avant as the only thing I've ever been able to fathom is ground clearance, but I may be completely missing the point as I've only ever been in 4 types of 'jeep-thing' (Suzuki Samurai 1987 / Range Rover 2013 / Land Rover Defender 2011 / Escalade 2007). I can see the point of a range if you have a big family / dogs and are regular point to point attendees, but other than that to date I've been left very cold by this class of vehicle and wondering what I've possibly been missing?

I made the mistake of buying a nearly new Freelander about 9 years ago, seemed a good idea at the time (we had just got our first dog) however my opinion soon changed !

It had loads of room for us yes but this could not make up for the fact the rest of it was awful, the BMW Diesel engine had no power took ages to get going and first service cost £600 !!!!!!! what a crock.

I'll never get one of these type vehicles ever again !!!

The RS Q3 just doesn't look right to me......

This RSQ3 looks pretty awesome and it's for the 2.5 in it so it sounds wicked too. Not my cup of tea but I like em!

My Dad bought my Mum a Freelander. Piece of ****e, chopped it in for a full fat RR 6 months in, "Dad, I told you so"

Better than an RS3? Are they including carrying shopping home from the supermarket in that measurement?

No matter what you do to it, the Q3 is taller and just cannot handle as well as the RS3, and who's buying an RS[Anything] for reasons other than driving?

Besides, the Q3's steering wheel is at a stupid height, so you can't rest your elbows properly on the door and armrest without scrunching your shoulders up and killing your neck for weeks :( I wouldn't thank you for one (well, I would, but I'd sell it immediately for an RS3)

Reactions: 45bvtc
OF COURSE the Audi RSQ3 IS better than an RS3 - for seeing over hedgerows - but for anything else... :think:

A truly FABULOUS 5-pot engine/7-speed S Tronic gearbox combo in that RSQ3 mind, all THANKS to AUDI... :kissmyrings:

3-years together now and still loving my AUDI RS3... :friends: