Random question about AMI problem

Troubs12

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi there guys its been a while since i've posted anything however i ran into a problem today with the AMI on my sisters Q7. When connecting her 4S to the AMI it plays the first playlist ie all songs from the start every time no matter what track was selected before. just wondering if anyone has had this issue before?

Many thanks

hope to hear from you guys soon

Neil

How olds the Q7?

Have you tried another handset?

AMI may need an fw update.

Speculating here, as need more data.

Sorry its a 2012 Q7 just under 12 months old I was and as far as I'm aware the iphone 5 works ok with the adapter cable obviously. Does anyone know if there is a downloadable fw update for the ami and if so could anyone post a download link

Many thanks

When you say no matter what track was playing before, when do you mean before, as in when as last connected to the car or last time she selected a track when its all plugged in still without a disconnection?

Sorry it was the last track selected when playing on the phone so it when it was connected it would start playing music from the first track on the phone. However I went out and had a look and dfu'd the iphone restored and put all the music back on and it worked absolutely fine with the view it must be £500 apple and not the £60,000 Audi at fault. I've since has to do it with my iphone 5 when it started doing it in my a3 and as expected everything worked fine after weird one tho

That's Apple I products for you lol, glitch in IOS maybe.