Swapping in dash CD changer

I highly doubt that wouldn't work.

I you want iPod, then AMI is for you.

It can be done, but it'll look awful. You'd need a single-DIN conversion kit of some kind (since that head unit is only half the height of an Audi unit) and a loom adapter to plug it in. Swap it for an RNS-E and AMI; it'll cost a lot more, but won't be just awful.

RNSE in a Q7 .. First time for everything I suppose.

Believe me it will not work, I would bet a months wages on it.

First of all that CD player runs on ISO, whereas the car runs on MOST and the cd changer plugs are fibre optic.

If you need iPod then get AMI, plenty of kits out there for your Q7, just don't make it look awful.

Oh, they've got the upper screen cowl bit right? Ok, so not RNS-E. My point was go for the OEM solution, as it'll be sure to work and won't look horrendously out of place.

Hi, thanks for the advice ,

Certainly don't want to make it look awful.

i know about the dennison 500 which can be installed in the glove box for example.

but really would like USB / memory card sockets where the CD changer is , like the audi multimedia in the dashboard of the New q7

Any ideas , is it possible for the Audi multimedia to be retrofitted to my 56 plate q7 (have mmi high)

Thanks

Last edited:
The A5 doesn't have USB sockets in the dash, it has SD card slots if fitted with MMI 3G.

To get USB You could use the Dension GW500 and put the USB socket from that on an extension cable to the dash somewhere.

Something like this, but you could pop the center circle out and mount that somewhere in your Q7

In Car Bike Motorcycle Marine USB On Dash Mount Socket Mounting Panel Extension | eBay

It is possible to upgrade your Q7 to the same as the A5/A4/Q5, but a couple of thousand minimum for the parts and installation.

Hi ,

Many thanks for the ebay item suggestion, perfect solution ! When combined with the dennison , (just have to think of a place to mount the socket)

I have the comfort centre armrest , any reason why the denison can't be mounted in the storage well of the comfort armrest?

interesting that the q7 can be upgraded to the A5/q5 etc but quite expensive will go with above.

many thanks