battery coding/advice

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My q7 3.0 tdi.........is draining the battery,its ok if i go to it 12/13 hours later but after that its flat !

Ive been told by audi i can charge it via points under the bonnet,which im doing now.........i have vcds how can i check if something is draining it or the batterys shot?

Audi replaced it in may 2011 so its not 2 years old yet

Like i said i have vcds,but dont know how test whats draining it etc........please help.

also how do i recode new one?

Why not ask Ross-tech for help if you have VCDS.

Only if you have a genuine interface.

Have you checked the Battery is correct for your vehicle?
You can check battery through vcds. See what voltage it is with ignition off/running. Any lights in boot turned on ?

with ign on it was dropping to 1180 ish.....with engine running it was 14.15v and generator 14.30

i removed the battery from the car yesterday and it was this battery.......Halfords | Halfords Lead Acid Battery HB019.

dated 05/12

its not coded some other battery is.....i think a varta one,as i checked with vcds,i removed it and charged it on max charge for 5 hours yesterday.....il re-check it tomorrow see if its getting flat
Have you checked the Battery is correct for your vehicle?
You can check battery through vcds. See what voltage it is with ignition off/running. Any lights in boot turned on ?