Used Q5 questions

rowdyboy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm over from the A4 section and wanted to tap in for some advice.

My dad has just purchased a 09 Q5 from Audi Derby. He hasn't received the car yet.
There's a couple of issues to clear up before the handover.

All 4 callipers are badly corroded, apparently Audi are aware of this issue on certain batches of brakes. They say that due to the fact it doesn't affect their performance, they'll just clean them up before the cars received.
It appears the normal anodised coating hasn't been applied at manufacture. Has anyone heard of this before or has anyone had a successful claim for replacements.

The other issue is that all four tyres are different makes, which is very unusual. The wear is the same on 3, one is worn considerably more. I've heard before that Audi insist that all four tyres are the same manufacturer, when the car's a Quattro. Is this correct??? Where would I find the official line on this from Audi???

thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm sure there was advice in the user manual about keeping tyres the same in the quattro cars I've had (albeit a while ago now). IIRC it was tyres on the same axle, but may still give you some leverage to get them changed before handover.

it same size not same name
but all treads soould be the same on each axel
if he accepts the car with breaks cleaned up ans signs i dont see hes got any comeback after
as he knew before he picked it up.

Audi main dealer should put car in 100%state before purchase....walk away from if it's not, there are plenty more Q5's around