Q7 telephone functionality

quattro25years

Reaction score
Hi,

TELEPHONE

Underneath the comfort armrest there is a phone dock, it looks like it is for the Nokia.

can this be removed and replaced with the iPhone dock ?

I have blue tooth on the vehicle and the phone dock in the armrest , is the dock in the armrest just for charging ?

IPOD

as I have blue tooth on the vehicle , is it possible to connect an iPod 4th gen via Bluetooth to the cars audio system ?

My q7 is on a 56 plate

Many thanks

Try a pm to Nigel (user NHN) he will be able to advise you on what can and cant be done. Sorry i cant help you more. :) x

Hi

Thanks for advice. I will send a message to him , and of course welcome help from other forum members.

Yes you can buy an Iphone cradle for the cradle plate underneath the nokia cradle, just remove the Nokia cradle and you will find a flat plastic cradle plate with some gold contacts. Your Iphone cradle will plug onto that. They are about the £100 mark.

Audi have also brought out some universal plates for Iphone/Micro USB and maybe one of these would be better as it makes use of the external roof antenna whereas the older Iphoen one doesn't. It depends if one of these new plates will fit in the Q7's armrest space as they are quite wide.

Yes you can buy an Iphone cradle for the cradle plate underneath the nokia cradle, just remove the Nokia cradle and you will find a flat plastic cradle plate with some gold contacts. Your Iphone cradle will plug onto that. They are about the £100 mark.

Audi have also brought out some universal plates for Iphone/Micro USB and maybe one of these would be better as it makes use of the external roof antenna whereas the older Iphoen one doesn't. It depends if one of these new plates will fit in the Q7's armrest space as they are quite wide.

Hi , thanks for the advice.

managed to get Nokia cradle out, but a good pull was needed(been in for a while I guess).

will go to audi website to look at the universal plates.

Any one out there connected there ipod 4t gen via Bluetooth to there audi ?

People do it all the time, you should have no issues really, but if you do it maybe just a firmware update required of your MMI in the Q7 to make it more compatible with the Iphone.