2008cc 20 Valve Turbo Stroker Build

I just happened to stumble across this thread, and what a thread it is. It's guys like you that push the boundries on what a car should be that make us modfiers as skint as we are. The lengths you've gone to are amazing and would love to see this ripping up the quarter mile. As far as I'm concerned, sleepers are the ultimate cars. Great read and can't wait to see a video if you finally treat yourself to a camera. :respekt:

Best build thread I have ever read, just spent nearly am hour or so reading through everything, wicked read and much respect

After reading through all 359 posts, I am a changed man lol

Firstly apologies for the delayed response and many thanks for the compliments chaps, always good to hear and I’m glad you enjoyed the read, I know there’s a lot to get through!

I think its time for a quick update; unfortunately progress has slowed due to being involved in other folk’s projects! I’ve been fabricating all sorts, drawing stuff up for machining and running back & forth to the machine shop and what not! But in between all that I have managed to get a few small things done………..

Finished off mounting the Tilton reservoirs to the strut bar, once I’d drilled all the holes I tapped em all out to accept the M8 fasteners

23e73ee8.jpg

Then bolted them on

afc42d1a.jpg

15e8e4b2.jpg

Happy days! Then bolted the strut bar back into the car……

7fcb817d.jpg

Job done.

I then turned my attention to the planned wiring changes. First job was to get the battery + bulkhead fitting fitted because naturally the battery is going in the back of the car.

b48dee37.jpg

Then for once I saved a few quid by reusing the S2’s battery cable, the battery in my S2 was mounted under the rear bench so the cable fit the bill & it fit perfectly, made for’t job.

a3fb2677.jpg

9a7e60c2.jpg

So I just need a battery tray to mount my red top race battery into and that’s another job ticked off the list.

I then turned my attention to the ECU wiring and various upgrades & or additions, since the ECU use to be mounted in the plenum tray next to the battery’s original position, I wanted to now mount this in the car, hence the bulkhead connectors. So first job was to plan which wires needed to go where, so of them won’t leave the cabin where as some obviously will pass through the bulkhead connectors. If I didn’t sit down and think about this I would without doubt forget something and once it’s all braided you can’t add or change the wiring without starting again! So Big brew, note pad, multi meter & big bundles of wire were required

a29cc691.jpg

So with the ECU now planned to live where the rear bench normally goes I routed the cabling accordingly to gauge the lengths of braiding to order and make sure everything was going to reach.

51be474d.jpg

01137212.jpg

Now I’m happy that’s all going to be alright I’ve ordered all the cable braiding and heatshrink from the far east, it normally comes through swiftly so once that arrives I can braid the looms up from the comfort of my couch. Still need to make the ECU bracket which I've already drawn up, that won't take long.

I plan to add in some additional functionality to the set up by utilising some of the unused inputs to the ECU, launch control, MAP select, Hi / low boost & possibly nitrous. I will need a switch panel to make all this work, problem being that I can’t reach the centre console whilst strapped to the bucket seat so I need to have a think about that.

And thats all for now folks, hopefully progress will pick up again now I have satisfied my friends requests for parts! I have a few things up my sleeve........... All will be revealed in time.

Hello from australia,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and thinking of doing a stroker... Myself.

Main question point is gearbox, what are u doing to strengthen it?

Are u going to flash the standard s3 ecu or do u have to run a piggyback?

Hello from australia,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and thinking of doing a stroker... Myself.

How do fella, I seem to have gotten lots of PMs from Australia recently! Yeah crack on a build yourself a stroker, you won't regret it and it's a very satisfying thing to achieve. I did mine pretty much single handily.

Dont worry about the gearbox, there quite stout just have a bit of sympathy for it and itll be fine.

I run a standalone ECU so no flashing or piggy backing necessary, so glad I went that route as I can play with the tune whenever I want.

Good luck with your build mate, if you need any advice feel free to PM me.

Hello from australia,

Where are you located?

Andy, I got my turbo installed but ran into some issues with fuelling AND spark lol. The ICM shat itself..

034 motorsports billet 044 pump + ECS tuning adjustable fuel regulator : nightmare. For some reason, I wind it all the way out to reduce fuel pressure but it's still around 55-60psi. Fuel reg must be faulty. What else could cause that. Here's a sneak peek :-

14504ea0.jpg

Reactions: Talkwrench
Where are you located?

Andy, I got my turbo installed but ran into some issues with fuelling AND spark lol. The ICM shat itself..

034 motorsports billet 044 pump + ECS tuning adjustable fuel regulator : nightmare. For some reason, I wind it all the way out to reduce fuel pressure but it's still around 55-60psi. Fuel reg must be faulty. What else could cause that. Here's a sneak peek :-

Shiz is looking nice :salute: Like the crackle finish on the rocker cover dude and the install looks nice & tidy.

Remind me again, what are you using to control squirt & fire??? Standalone? I don't have any power output stages anymore, I fire my coils directly from the 034EFI ECU.

I think your fuel pressure issues are non existant, I bet that regualtor has a minimum base fuel pressure of 4BAR which is bang on at around 60PSI, can you not tune around this? Are you setting your base fuel pressure without a vac/boost reference connected?

another stonking build thread, love reading from post 1 even if it does take time, love every thing youve done, and some of the things you have id wish for as im a poor man lol.

still good luck and cant wait to see this go!

another stonking build thread, love reading from post 1 even if it does take time, love every thing youve done, and some of the things you have id wish for as im a poor man lol.

still good luck and cant wait to see this go!

Cheers matey, chuffed you've enjoyed reading through all 365 posts! It's taken me plenty of overtime hours to finance this lot and free time hours to build but thats why we do what we do!

Time for a little update.

After lowering the bucket seat subframe I still wasn't satisfied with it, the seat wasn't centered with the steering wheel very well and that would just get annoying, so rather than hacking into it even further I decided to go back to the drawing board with it which is what I should have done from the beginning really and saved myself a few quid. So like most of these sub projects they start out with some CAD templates and some plate, in this case some 6mm mild steel.

e232c09b.jpg

Outline the profile and punch the hole centres

4e75cc17.jpg

Rough out the profiles

58f653c2.jpg

Tidy everything up ready for fabrication

d824aa43.jpg

Then I used the bucket seat as a jig to tack up what I could using 20mm CDS tubing 2.5mm wall, the same stuff roll cages are made from, obviously smaller diameter.

372b0223.jpg

Offered it up to the car making sure it was lined up nicely with the steering wheel! I decided to fix its location where I could still reach the shifter and centre console to reduce the amount of work needed to get it drivable again. So finally tacked it all up and proceeded to weld it up.

8aa42106.jpg

cb1bdd94.jpg

7e77672e.jpg

1a9bfd82.jpg

Then the scary bit, refit and hope it hasn't warped like a mofo!

0e558a53.jpg

Happy days :rock: I then sat in the car for a while making car noises :whistle2:

So now that I'm totally satisfied with the seating position, it's even lower than before and nicely rearward........

ed7bfc1e.jpg

9a5d513f.jpg

It's time to crack on get the pedal box mounted, now the difficult bit is the fact the floorpan ain't exactly flat. So thats the first job!

I made a profile to follow the contour of the floorpan, it looks like this

add91c59.jpg

From there I "mapped" out the top profile, I will let the pictures do the talking...

872df6e7.jpg

61c3e484.jpg

44a11c2c.jpg

88225b5e.jpg

984b6098.jpg

40ab9db5.jpg

7442d802.jpg

Happiness! I just need to add some stiffeners to the inside and some mounting tabs to bolt it down with, drill and add some weld nuts for the pedal box, and just because I couldn't resist I had too.

f6cf2885.jpg

aee824dc.jpg

Once thats finished and fitted I will make a false floor to level off the rest of the floorpan out of aluminium, paint it all satin black along with the seat subframe, add some grip tape for my feet and then its just wiring and brake plumbing before its track time :racer:

And thats all folks!!!

Shiz is looking nice :salute: Like the crackle finish on the rocker cover dude and the install looks nice & tidy.

Remind me again, what are you using to control squirt & fire??? Standalone? I don't have any power output stages anymore, I fire my coils directly from the 034EFI ECU.

I think your fuel pressure issues are non existant, I bet that regualtor has a minimum base fuel pressure of 4BAR which is bang on at around 60PSI, can you not tune around this? Are you setting your base fuel pressure without a vac/boost reference connected?

Sorry for the late reply Andy. Been trying to iron out little problems.

Ive eliminated the ICM completely and now running a set of MK5 Golf GTi coilpacks which some members on vwvortex and audizine claim to get as much as 18hp at the wheels. Im waiting for my FR5DTC sparkplugs from the UK and see how this baby works. I have only heard good things about them.

I am running eurodyne's Maestro 7 tuning suite btw. Original ECU ends with a 558DA and the ECU im running ends with a 557P that originated from A4s sold only in US of A. They dont have immobilizers in their ECU so I have no issues running.

However, I cant reflash the ECU with the maestro which led me to believe that immobilizer in the cluster is interfering the process. So with the help of a friend, we managed to bench flash the ECU with success. Its troublesome but its the only way to make changes.

Ive got some pics here for you :-

23582277.jpg

42458a46.jpg

ICM delete in progress :-

78d6b230.jpg

ICM deleted :-

f7b5f31f.jpg

With regards to the fuel pressure, some guys are able to run at 3bar with the 044 pump and 034motorsports adjustable fuel reg so I think the ECS tuning adjustable FPR that I have is faulty. I reinstalled my stock fuel pump and 3 bar fuel reg and fuel pressure is back to 39psi with the signal connected. I always disconnected the signal when adjusting fuel pressure.

Im currently running 13psi-14psi of boost. Its laggier than before but I'll wind up the boost to 22-24psi when I get my clutch and intercooler sorted. Im looking at Clutch Master's FX300 fibretuff.

Any luck with S4 front bumpers? They're soo hard to find ya? :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply Andy. Been trying to iron out little problems.

Ive eliminated the ICM completely and now running a set of MK5 Golf GTi coilpacks which some members on vwvortex and audizine claim to get as much as 18hp at the wheels. Im waiting for my FR5DTC sparkplugs from the UK and see how this baby works. I have only heard good things about them.

I am running eurodyne's Maestro 7 tuning suite btw. Original ECU ends with a 558DA and the ECU im running ends with a 557P that originated from A4s sold only in US of A. They dont have immobilizers in their ECU so I have no issues running.

However, I cant reflash the ECU with the maestro which led me to believe that immobilizer in the cluster is interfering the process. So with the help of a friend, we managed to bench flash the ECU with success. Its troublesome but its the only way to make changes.

With regards to the fuel pressure, some guys are able to run at 3bar with the 044 pump and 034motorsports adjustable fuel reg so I think the ECS tuning adjustable FPR that I have is faulty. I reinstalled my stock fuel pump and 3 bar fuel reg and fuel pressure is back to 39psi with the signal connected. I always disconnected the signal when adjusting fuel pressure.

Im currently running 13psi-14psi of boost. Its laggier than before but I'll wind up the boost to 22-24psi when I get my clutch and intercooler sorted. Im looking at Clutch Master's FX300 fibretuff.

Any luck with S4 front bumpers? They're soo hard to find ya? :)

Cool cool, I’ve seen the 2.0T coilpack “craze” sweep the globe and by all accounts everyone seems very positive about it. I might look into it myself at some point. As for stock ECU’s I’m not up to scratch with them as I completely bypassed that option, I wish I could share some experience with you but I can’t really. I know there have been other members who have struggled to get there cars running right with the stock ECU’s, it’s a shame really considering the investment time & money in engines & turbos etc, making it all work surely is the most important part!

I have the 044 pump tank mounted and regulated with an Aeromotive FPR with static pressure of 3 BAR, works great, no issues. Why have you swapped in your stock fuel pump again? Can’t you just change the fuel pressure reg alone and leave the 044 in? Its risky running that turbo at those pressures on a stock fuel pump, for god sake don’t turn the boost way up on the stock fuel pump. Do you have a wideband and AFR gauge to keep watch on what’s happening? On another note, have your run the engine in on lower boost for a while?

I went with the Southbend stage 4 clutch and billet steel flywheel, holds like you wouldn’t believe, launches like a mofo and is fairly brutal!!! I haven’t had any experience with the Clutch master stuff, a lot of the folks I know have used spec or southbend and on the whole they seem up to the job.

Yeah dude I have a full S4 kit painted & fitted, front bumper, skirts, lower door moldings and facelift rear bumper. But you’re right there a biatch to get hold off, it always amazes me what people pay for them. I’ve seen battered old ones get sold for more than a new one from the dealers!!!!!!

Wow what a build thread you done an amazing job with your car!

Read the lot from start to finish and I'm seriously impressed with your knowledge and build skills

Keep up the good work I'll be following this with interest now

Just a quick question why the floor mounted peddals? have you ever driven a car in anger with floor peddals before? Great build thread by the way. Love to see the evolution.

Wow what a build thread you done an amazing job with your car!

Read the lot from start to finish and I'm seriously impressed with your knowledge and build skills

Keep up the good work I'll be following this with interest now

Cheers mate, glad you've enjoyed the read. I will be keeping it up to date and I have plenty of ideas up my sleeve :icon_thumright:

Just a quick question why the floor mounted peddals? have you ever driven a car in anger with floor peddals before? Great build thread by the way. Love to see the evolution.

Firstly thank you for the kind words, I even look back upon the thread myself as it easy to forget just how far this car has come!

I choose the floor mounted set up rather than an overhung one for a number of reasons really, I wanted three pedals, the overhungs tend to only be 2. I also had to consider that in the future I will likely weld a cage into the car if I pass my cert. at that point the pedal box will move alot further back in the car along with all the other controls, it would become difficult mounting an overhung set up as it wouldn't be under the dash anymore. But to answer your question, No I haven't driven a car with with a floor mounted pedal box but I've seen numerous race car set ups that use this exact Tilton unit. Are you about to tell me how crap they are? Please don't! Its too late to return it now and they cost a pretty penny! That said, the plinth for the pedal box I've pictured above isn't yet finished, there will be an aluminium false floor to ajoin to it and that will have a bend in it so I can plant my heels nicely.

Anyway time to update.....

Seat mount is now finished, I added another brace to it as I had some pipe left over, gave it a lick of paint.

bf9a2942.jpg

bcf8118a.jpg

So final seating position for now looks like this

70938334.jpg

Compared with the purchased a piece of poo that is no more!

1d537543.jpg

So job done & ticked off the list.

Next up, pedal box mounting.

I finished off welding the outside corner & dressed the weld out, added some weld nuts.

68a3b52e.jpg

6fd03360.jpg

Added some gussets on the inside

3b6cc0f3.jpg

And made a start at adding some tabs to bolt it down.

8e8e6bad.jpg

To be continued.....

Since we've seen a months rain in a few days around here I decided to finally get started with the wiring loom from the ECU (now in the back of the car) to the bulkhead connectors in the bulkhead of all places!

So started with the bear wires as you do!

f6b0feb4.jpg

Braided em up

2c9addae.jpg

Crimped ends, nickel with gold plated contacts no less!

e1c6db0d.jpg

Just waiting for the 12AWG red cable to arrive so I can add the ignition & injector power and its another job complete! At this rate I won't be sat in the car making noises for too much longer! Im having serious boost withdrawls! I need my fix!

glad to see you got more done than me today buddy.. mind you 3 hours waiting for your call about the pin outs didnt stop a little bit of progress..:p ill get the order off to earls tomorrow.. all is looking sweet as usual my man.. hurry up tho as your car may be the only wild thing i get a spin in this summer..lol

eze.... jack

glad to see you got more done than me today buddy.. mind you 3 hours waiting for your call about the pin outs didnt stop a little bit of progress..:p ill get the order off to earls tomorrow.. all is looking sweet as usual my man.. hurry up tho as your car may be the only wild thing i get a spin in this summer..lol

eze.... jack

I'm going as fast as I can matey, hopefully it'll be driveable again soon, I don't want to say finished because I'm not sure it will ever be "finished" but I better get to a couple of track days before the half decent weather disappears!

And just to pick up on the question about the floor mounted pedals, I was browsing some pictures of the B5 supertourer and noticed there pedal box mounted on something like the one I made albeit there's is carbon fibre, naturally!

If it worked for them it'll plenty good enough for me.

cockpit.jpg

Quick update.

I've now finished all the wiring looms, took some doing as there is plenty of it! Here are some in production shots :happy:

59d658b0.jpg

d89c2cf2.jpg

I had to repair the shoddy braiding job on the 034 Motorsport supplied engine loom! Plus I snipped off there ECU connector so I could put the bulkhead plug on, came out pretty snazzy.

fc5a2c9b.jpg

I then made up the loom up to extend the engine loom to the ECU mounted in the rear bench area, I've also moved all the OEM connections inside the car now including the ECU.

a9d44278.jpg

Wired up all the relays etc

398122e3.jpg

Everything connected up through the firewall

146a2ab8.jpg

Also note, I've finally removed the last of the sound deadening from the boot area. there are only 4 wires left to connect, I'm just waiting on more heatshrink. So glad the looms are done!
Next job is to make up a switch panel & mount the battery in the boot and the electricals are finished! :rock:

So while I wait for the heatshrink I got stuck into removing bits from the engine bay!

f90caeca.jpg

Looks like **** hey! Amazing what a years worth of driving on our crappy salty roads can do to your hard work. Never the less I will sort it out. I'm planning to rid my engine bay of all the jubilee clips and replace them with AN fittings, I'm sick of finding boost leaks and this is a step in the right direction to getting rid of them.

So first job is to modify the inlet manifold and block off the take off's / hose tails

Before

5471c656.jpg

After

ba15df99.jpg

I've got some weld on AN fittings being turned down to weld on then I can obviously thread fittings on which should be alot more robust! I will update as the work progresses!

I've also placed an order with Integrated Engineering for a few bits which should be here anyday now. Update to follow......

100,000+ Views, Christ!

So time for another slow progress update, the list is getting shorter & shorter.

Continuing on with the inlet manifold mod's, I turned down some weld on AN fittings, they usually come with a fairly hefty shoulder which would have looked naff, so decided to tidy them up before welding them on. I also turned down a pin to block off the PCV system vac line, so I ended up with these.

da193ead.jpg

These fit inside the hose tails of the inlet manifold so I can weld them on nice and concentrically, don’t know what the hell the steel was that the hose tails are made of but there awful to weld despite my attempts to clean them up for welding! Never the less I got the job done.

1x AN-6 weld on where the brake servo vacuum feed use to live, this will service the fuel pressure regulator, boost gauge & ECU map sensor.

013b7077.jpg

And with an old fitting for illustration

155b3adc.jpg

So you get the idea! The other weld on is AN-4 which is purely for the Tial Blow off valve and as I said the pin is to blank off the PCV feed. Im hoping this will help to reduce the amount of boost leaks and it better had, these fittings & hose cost a fortune!

Next Job is to make up all the hoses but I need to fit the inlet manifold to do that! So yet another job on the back burner unitl the IE parts arrive.

d735bb9a.jpg

My boost gauge has also arrived, 4 BAR atmospheric! Running 30+PSI on 30PSI gauge is just stupid, so went with 60 PSI so I don't run the gauge at full scale deflection, never a good idea as you'll never know if your over boosting.

Untitled.jpg

I'm still waiting for my parts from IE, there stuck in customs awaiting charges! So hopefully I will have them before the weekend so I can whip the cylinder head off and change to the correct head gasket finally as I've ordered an overbore standard head gasket rather than using the much thinner 2.0 20V normally aspirated one, there are some other goodies arriving also!

Thats all for now.

keep up the good work mate , wish i knew 1/10 of what you know !!

keep up the good work mate , wish i knew 1/10 of what you know !!

Cheers dude. I guess we all start somewhere, there was a time i didn't a thing about cars! The more you do the more you learn I suppose.

I haven't done much lately as I moved house and im in the middle if sorting out my new workspace ready to move all the goodies from the old garage to the new one! I have received my delivery from Integrated Engineering though with a few nice pieces.

d14f2068.jpg

Overbore headgasket which should put my compression ratio where its supposed to be! Using the 2.0 20V normally aspirated headgasket increases the CR quite a bit as its much, much thinner but does allow for an 83mm bore. Hopefully this will allow some more timing and some more power.

2b619829.jpg

2698a9bf.jpg

Nice vernier pulley which will allow me to dial in the TDC markers properly, since the block & head have both been skimmed this alters how accurately the TDC markers align! Obviously once I shell out for some proper big turbo cams we can play on the dyno to dial in the powerband.

2d52529f.jpg

e729aab0.jpg

A billet block breather adaptor, this will allow me rid the PCV of all things plastic! I will run three -10AN aeroquip fittings to a rather large catch can (1 from the block, 2 from the rocker cover). I think the original crank case breather set up is far too restrictive and is robbing power due to increasing pumping losses. Lets see if the revised set-up helps. I've started to construct the catch can from alumninium, I've just started alloy TIG welding so needs more practice but it will get the job done, welding with a pedal takes a bit of getting use to! This is as far as I got before I started moving house. Hopefully in the next few weeks I should start making progress again.

66574aa6.jpg

985b80ff.jpg

Slowly, slowly.

Wowee this build is amazing - I love the attention to detail, you have some skills!

1st time reading this !!! Totally amazing hard graft and knowledge being put in... Your detail of work is superb what a monster b5 credit to you

Wow this build is great, you must have a big set of titanium balls, will be keeping me eye on this thread from now on.

Love the attention to detail, i take my hat of to you :respekt:

what a jaw dropping thread big respect mate.. your pockets must be feeling quite light..im going down the same route atm its not giving me much confidence i must say.. took me an hour to read it all just AMAZING you quite talented!

Wowee this build is amazing - I love the attention to detail, you have some skills!

1st time reading this !!! Totally amazing hard graft and knowledge being put in... Your detail of work is superb what a monster b5 credit to you

Wow this build is great, you must have a big set of titanium balls, will be keeping me eye on this thread from now on.

Love the attention to detail, i take my hat of to you :respekt:

what a jaw dropping thread big respect mate.. your pockets must be feeling quite light..im going down the same route atm its not giving me much confidence i must say.. took me an hour to read it all just AMAZING you quite talented!

Thanks for the kind words everyone, helps keep me motivated. Its getting more & more difficult finding the pennies to keep moving the project forward but its getting there slowly.

So time for a long overdue update, this is going to be a bit of a photo dump! Enjoy.

Since the last update, I've moved house and sorted out my new workspace, its even smaller than the last one! So I made some effort to sort this one out and I'm determind not to let it turn into a massive pile of Audi bits! I've had a massive sort out and thrown away all sorts which I'm sure I will regret! Anyway the new workspace after a lick of paint.

ACEDD885-1017-4B14-B24D-2AA8ECEB1494-579-000000EE19666D1D.jpg

Still messy but much better than the last garage, so obviously the car also moved.....

C0399997-2F91-4A70-9DD1-23043FA11619-9178-00001694640AC40F.jpg

So first job was to change the headgasket, so rip it apart and fit the proper thickness over bored head gasket.

So rip the head off it lol.......

206C1C07-A1CE-439A-B356-263CA8AEBAD8-19001-00002C327DB79BDA_zps3f4114db.jpg

814AE51A-DDF6-483B-B16B-9E5E905CFE72-19001-00002C3284A76DA5_zps94f8e379.jpg

New gasket on, and bolt the head down...

0C096668-9953-4B8A-81BB-B59A9134FAD1-4379-000007D43AD26AFB.jpg

F80D9942-FE9E-4997-8E12-60AD6520D4EB-4379-000007D40650B184.jpg

Note the new vernier pulley. As previously mentioned, I always struggled to get the cam timing lined up with the TDC markers, turns out it was running about 6 degrees retarded! Nice.

1DBCE32E-2823-49B8-ABB2-FBCB77C18556-4867-000008C0977D7827.jpg

Next I wanted to start making up the hoses needed to convert a load of jubilee clips into AN fittings, this should make the set up less sensitive to boost leaks, it ****** better do! So I needed to mount the reservoir which required me to knock up a quick support since the ABS pump bracket had been ditched.

C5D30241-ED87-4F6F-B917-A1494375AFDF-579-000000EEBB76B7AE.jpg

2201463B-3E24-40D5-BBF5-3A8D17DA6999-579-000000EE8E6B07BB.jpg

I also ditched a load of stuff I didn't need....

94E759DA-431E-4C9E-BD80-A257DC397D80-579-000000EE4ABEF6A1.jpg

8BF5A21D-3009-4DDC-8418-E771629A3A13-579-000000EEF6EFC507.jpg

16237172-6D84-4E6A-9FFB-224D23E3F58A-4394-000006999B6FADAC.jpg

Then made a bit of a hole in the bulkhead and made up a dodgy plate for the bulkhead fittings so I can run the boost reference line into the cabin and fuel lines to the fuel pressure regulator now mounted in the scuttle tray.

474E4681-AD45-444D-BB84-0D8A2BBF3184-3221-0000047B3BA8D74C.jpg

C68BB24C-CDCB-4FDA-B3D5-BEFBA0C08561-3955-00000595E7FCC23F.jpg

You get the idea.

The engine bay is much tidier now without fuel lines or brake lines / ABS etc. I've moved some bits off the bulkhead and into the scuttle tray and tucked a few items away.

209CD2E2-356A-4E04-AE06-67FA29ABED07-4394-0000069A0EBB313F.jpg

0D67DEDD-C070-479B-952C-AD44D7A8CFE4-4394-00000699E23265C9.jpg

Getting there! Ignore the crusty rocker cover, its a spare to keep things covered up while the other one is paint stripped and prepped ready for welding some AN fittings to it for the new improved PCV set up.

I've also in the process of converting some more stuff from barb / jubilee clips to AN fittings......

F714065E-240F-484F-A5CF-2E92AC86CB14-3955-0000059655FA8856.jpg

95B9BAD7-F7BA-4F60-AD19-A5B2B3AD834D-3955-0000059638561BFD.jpg

771CBFF3-8B74-4590-9D72-EF2E4CA41074-3236-000005988A0A844A.jpg

F538DB91-BE68-4966-9343-10C219635625-3955-0000059622B2BDD5.jpg

99661C3C-9CF1-4A41-89AB-0358619050AA-3955-00000595FCA1A1AA.jpg

56BD7714-316A-42A3-B6F4-20873E8A1F68-4379-000007D4334F0B7D.jpg

And the new PCV block breather adaptor fitted AN style.

57A751F2-2E78-4EFF-B945-C5BC61C1FA06-17892-000029FE0ED9891B_zps2ccd61e4.jpg

8E8D4052-0D93-41C4-A83C-E5B0714CEC83-19001-00002C326E18DD33_zps1a0b8716.jpg

More fittings on order! Should help to stop those pesky boost leaks which are really, really annoying when running speed density tuning i.e. no MAF, the ECU is calibrated to the air flow the turbo puts out, any variances in the amount of air from boost leaks and it runs rich and horrible!

Other than that I've just been cleaning up bits ready to go back on...

B58E770E-7D31-4404-A6B9-5FBE15B0198C-13275-00001F8B7C3C9B93.jpg

1B9A3926-3816-4864-9D24-97682BE08666-17210-0000282EF100777C_zps9dbbd994.jpg

And prepping parts ready to finish the switch panel, borrowed from my now scrapped Audi Coupe 2.2E.....

437845BE-6CB5-45B2-8A71-D277CE681604-17892-000029FA01335333_zpsec9cf96f.jpg

9BC0DE0E-68AA-4A0C-9550-FDA7B8121377-17892-000029F9D4AB6654_zps9cafa830.jpg

Most of the switch panel parts are now here, just need the brake bias adjuster now.

04758DFD-B03F-4D47-8594-27B3FF66A481-17892-000029FD1539628C_zpse5ab6587.jpg

And thats where I'm up to! Just need so more bits to finish off the engine bay work then were almost ready for test drive!

Thats all folks.

Good work as always. Can i ask why you changed to the thicker gasket? Was the NA one blowing?

I am mid stroker build but stopped at 82.5 to utilise an oen 20vt gasket still

Good work as always. Can i ask why you changed to the thicker gasket? Was the NA one blowing?

I am mid stroker build but stopped at 82.5 to utilise an oen 20vt gasket still

No real reason other than to lower the compression slightly so I can run more boost and timing. When it was on the dyno it was mis-firing badly under high boost (30PSI) and it was put down to the higher than usual compression, it tested quite high (can't remember what numbers now) still did 427HP though :lmfao:. It will be going back on the rollers when its all back together to see what affect all these little changes make, Im hoping the combined affect will be considerable! Plus the guy who maps it has just invested in a 4WD dyno which will make life easier as we won't need to rent the dyno off someone else. He did a 2.0 20V at a little of 700HP the other day!

The NA HG wasn't blowing that I know of but the compressed thickness differential is alot!

I don't get much time on the car let alone the forum these days! I will have to try and catch up on your progress :thumbsup:

Reactions: Broken Byzan
Looking sweet fella looking sweet.

Sure i saw you the other day aswel near blackpool?

Cheers mate.

Yes that sounds possible, you did well finding me! Im properly tucked away. Was it you valeting the silver Peugeot thing? Either way you should have come and said hello, I would have popped the kettle on and broke out the hob nobs :thumbsup:

very interesting build i wish i had the knowledge u have, i will be keeping an eye on this its deffinately one to wantch

Nah defo have nothin todo with a pug, lol.

Thought i saw the a4 coming towards me on the outskirts of blackpool, was on me home after seeing the lights, and dont ya worry if i do see ya at home i cant resist the temptation of a hob-nob, lol

andy mate!

havent been here for a bit. Your car looks absolutely mental.

Mind me asking, what sort of brakes are you running at the back? They look like they're 2 piece items.

I bought a pair of front custom wilwood 6pot 332mm brakes from a guy who works for Wilwood. Car looks weird with the stock rear anchors. Good thing with this wilwood is that they're lighter than the 288mm stock brakes!

Here's a pic mate :-

8D6DEDAD-8380-4234-B119-6B40E493149A-2380-0000039D341AADFB.jpg

andy mate!

havent been here for a bit. Your car looks absolutely mental.

Mind me asking, what sort of brakes are you running at the back? They look like they're 2 piece items.

I bought a pair of front custom wilwood 6pot 332mm brakes from a guy who works for Wilwood. Car looks weird with the stock rear anchors. Good thing with this wilwood is that they're lighter than the 288mm stock brakes

Alright there mate. My rear brakes are B5 RS4 items, discs, calipers & cables etc. They aren't strictly two piece discs but they do have aluminium centres i think there 312mm discs :icon_thumright:

Well after much deliberation and with a heavy heart its time for me & my Audi to part company :3sadwalk:

The car will be broken for parts, everything must go. I will start a for sale thread soon enough. Tis a sad day but needs must and all that. Its time to move onto pastures new. If anyone is interested in any of the parts in this build feel free to PM me.

Over & out. Andy

Oh what a shame! This is my favourite build on here! A hell of a lot of fantastic work has gone in to this car,

Good luck breaking it Andy hope you can recoup a lot of what you have spent mate