IHI Roller bearing turbo

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
True, very true. Be a good test for the traction control too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not this tim unfortunately... Without having the car for so long i was never able to get the TC working before giving it to amd, and now im sh!t out of time for saturday so will be using the original traction control...my right foot!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Apparently just the road testing to do now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How come your not down there overseeing the final stages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cos im at 'work'

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But as soon as i get THE CALL, i shall be off! work can wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You call this work!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Apparently just the road testing to do now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How come your not down there overseeing the final stages?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cos im at 'work'

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But as soon as i get THE CALL, i shall be off! work can wait! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You call this work!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
matt said:
Hi guys, not been on the site in a while - lots
of new names !! dont recognise most !!
Rich - sounds like this is gonna be one mean conversion...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Matt,

Hows things?

Yeah should be quite something when its done!

WoohOO!!!! its done! Just leaving to go and collect it now....

Final figure.. a smidge over 300bhp! GENUINE!

Im so excited!

Will report back a bit later once ive driven it!

Rich

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
WoohOO!!!! its done! Just leaving to go and collect it now....

Final figure.. a smidge over 300bhp! GENUINE!

Im so excited!

Will report back a bit later once ive driven it!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff, I'll give him ti'l 8pm before he starts posting again.

good luck rich,

better pick up some new tyres while your out, and fill a few jerry cans full of Optimax, im sure youll need them by about 4am when everywhere is closed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mark

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Good stuff, I'll give him ti'l 8pm before he starts posting again.

[/ QUOTE ]As early as that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Right,

back for a short break...

I got 2 words...

F*CK ME!

its THAT quick! you can now overtake in about 3 car lengths...****** fantastic! Its been a long time coming but definately worth the wait! Sounds like a rally car now too! Some nice pops and bangs out of the exhaust.. Jojo.. you are going to be LOVING it on saturday mate!

Boost doesnt come 'ON' until abut 3500, but upto the new 7000rpm redline it flies faster than a fast flyee thing! Im going to have to be real careful with my licence!

I'll report back more (with pics) a bit later.

The dyno plots are a load of ****** (as Ed @ AmD told me too)... recorded 295bhp, 260lb/ft... thing is that was after MANY runs on the dyno so the engine was HOT, and also it was at 30 degrees in the chamber. If i can get it on the rollers at the RR day in October it will be more accurate!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Short break = 1 post lol... glad it's finally back on the road mate, I'll be seeing you on Saturday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Im done for the night!

Towards the end power seemd to be down a bit for some reason... i think it could be that i had to use 97RON insteead of 98RON which MAY be the cause... Its very coincidental if not.. I put £15 of regular super in the car, then a few runs later and it wasnt as quick... reckon thats the cause. Got some Millers octane plus on order so should be alright!

Im well impressed with it.. really is a proper quick car now! Taken a few mater out tonight and all they do is get a bit of a nervous giggle.. well funny!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
are we talking sub 6 secs to 60?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh easy!.. in theory anyway. First gear is a bit pointless... get to about 4000 and then the wheels just let go but in gear acceleration is phenominal 130 comes round so fast. Past 100mph, you passing 10mph intercals in a little over a second (i.e 100, 1 seconds later 110 .etc .etc). Its really impressive. The exhaust sounds ****** fantastic! Lots of nice pops and bangs on the overrun!

Sorry, ran out of time for pics tonight, but tomorrow i will get some for you guys.

Rich

****** hell Rich,

Have a thought for us mere mortals with our KO3's.

Reading all this has taken the fun out of getting a regular remap!!!

sounds awesome mate, needless to say I'm green with envy

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
****** hell Rich,

Have a thought for us mere mortals with our KO3's.

Reading all this has taken the fun out of getting a regular remap!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif A remap is JUST as exciting when your used to the standard 150! I reckon a going from 150 to 300 would be plain scary! 2nd gear scared me a little earlier! Its just so smooth you really dont realise how fast your going... ****** fantastic overtaking power now tho! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
sounds awesome mate, needless to say I'm green with envy

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you are up for a passenger ride on Saturday mate, i should have a session free!

Rich

Enjoy Rich and give us the full report /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All I have to say is it's about ****** time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Only logged in to see how it was going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif It sounds like a beast, and you really are going to have to watch your right foot!

Now I'm running late for catching my flight to Dublin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If I miss it it's your fault Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Glad your happy Rich. It didn't look like you were ever getting it back!

Have fun and watch the speed cameras!

Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
All I have to say is it's about ****** time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Only logged in to see how it was going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif It sounds like a beast, and you really are going to have to watch your right foot!

Now I'm running late for catching my flight to Dublin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If I miss it it's your fault Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.. been a long time coming! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope you don't get used to the power rich as things dont get much faster. You'll have to join the airforce or something to get a thrill.

When you say the power seems to have dropped away, is this not just you getting more used to it? Try driving a normal car then getting back in, that'll make you smile more!

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Glad your happy Rich. It didn't look like you were ever getting it back!

Have fun and watch the speed cameras!

Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY careful now... 130mph is completely effortless now... it just comes round so quickly! 100-130 takes about 5 seconds.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
I hope you don't get used to the power rich as things dont get much faster. You'll have to join the airforce or something to get a thrill.

When you say the power seems to have dropped away, is this not just you getting more used to it? Try driving a normal car then getting back in, that'll make you smile more!

[/ QUOTE ]

The power thing was definately there.... I didnt mention it to anyone and my brother drive it again and said it wasnt as quick as it was. I'll fill up with optimax at lunchtime and see how it goes then... Takes some time to adapt but should be fine. I cant see anything else causing the problem (which probably isnt even a problem).

Will let y'all know how it goes. Im sure after Saturday, Jojo and James M will both let you know too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Driving to work this morning in traffic was crap, so i let a largish gap build up then nailed it in second.... made myself giggle a bit!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The power thing was definately there.... I didnt mention it to anyone and my brother drive it again and said it wasnt as quick as it was. I'll fill up with optimax at lunchtime and see how it goes then... Takes some time to adapt but should be fine. I cant see anything else causing the problem (which probably isnt even a problem).

Will let y'all know how it goes. Im sure after Saturday, Jojo and James M will both let you know too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Driving to work this morning in traffic was crap, so i let a largish gap build up then nailed it in second.... made myself giggle a bit!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep can't wait but I can see one problem

I'm not going to want to drive my car home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
James M said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep can't wait but I can see one problem

I'm not going to want to drive my car home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

You'll get used to it all to quickly, and find yourself taking liberties with the power. It's too damn smooth, and feels slow after a week or so.
I find my speedo spending far too much time in 3 figures, without me realizing.
Definite license looser potential

BTTT,
Just thought id keep this thread near the top to make it easier to locate the next photo installments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:

Cant WAIT for saturday! looking forward to the track sessions, and taking people out for a spin... be warned tho.. you will be caught on camera. Im recording every session!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you manage to get a camera mount in the end? Or have you managed to create something yourself?

[ QUOTE ]
Robthehungrymonkey said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:

Cant WAIT for saturday! looking forward to the track sessions, and taking people out for a spin... be warned tho.. you will be caught on camera. Im recording every session!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you manage to get a camera mount in the end? Or have you managed to create something yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep got a camera mount sorted! £57 delivered.

Rich

Right,

back to my problem about the power dropping off.

Went to get petrol a few minutes ago... its 3 miles away, so gave it some stick on the way there... Power was no quite right... there was no shove in the abck past 4500rpm like there was yesterday... Get to the petrol station, puit 40 litres of Optimax in, pull out of the petrol station in first nail it upto 4000rpm, into second and past 4500..OOOOH there we go! First sniff of Optimax and the power was back!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Looks like im going to have to travel to get my fuel from now on then!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
PaulS3 said:
Rich also one by me - circa 15 mile from near where Ram lived...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Cheers mate

Shell Customer Services are on 0800 731 8888 or you can find your nearest station via http://www.multimap.com/clients/places.cgi?client=shell&db=GB&lang=en

Hope this helps. By the way in my A4 QST I find Optimax best but BP advance also works ok (better than standard super - may be worth a try...)

Somehow my 240BHP suddenly seems very weedy.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Nooooo course not! My only problem is getting Optimax. I work about 10 miles from home, and the Optimax garage is 4 miles from work... so its just a bit of a way to get petrol...but no big deal!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
And it bothers you that you'd have to drive the car a bit more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MingBlueMagic said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Nooooo course not! My only problem is getting Optimax. I work about 10 miles from home, and the Optimax garage is 4 miles from work... so its just a bit of a way to get petrol...but no big deal!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]
And it bothers you that you'd have to drive the car a bit more? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha.. no not at all!

Was fun on the way to work this morning in the rain... 2nd gear at 4000rpm and nail it.. car goes sideways! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Think i'll take it easy in the wet until i get TC sorted!

Rich

Oh forgot to say.. last night i was behind a 'chavved up' saxo... he nailed it... so did i.. except whilst he was accelerating as hard as he could, i overtook him liek he was standing still! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Before anyone says anything against racing, i wasnt racing... he was just in my way! In was perfectly safe on open roads!

Great thread and good to see it still going, does anyone know how much power the 4 wheel drive system on a S3 takes away over and above a FWD A3, i guess what i am trying to ask is how much power would be needed for a 4 wheel drive to keep up with a fcuking fast Richard?