Project RS28

Any updates chief?

Howdy mate, sorry but no updates, since booking in for paint last time i had some bad news with a family bereavement and cancelled it till things calmed down.

Was looking to get it re-booked soon but low and behold ive been stuck in a winter wonderland since Friday, and its getting deeper by the day! Will look to get it in after the festivities now, and will make it a priority, getting impatient myself now!

Hows the turbo beast fairing up???

Howdy mate, sorry but no updates, since booking in for paint last time i had some bad news with a family bereavement and cancelled it till things calmed down.

Was looking to get it re-booked soon but low and behold ive been stuck in a winter wonderland since Friday, and its getting deeper by the day! Will look to get it in after the festivities now, and will make it a priority, getting impatient myself now!

Hows the turbo beast fairing up???

Sorry to hear that mate I hope your well.

Yeah the weather is fun for a while but soon just gets annoying hey, Im also hoping to book into the bodyshop after new years out the way with.

The motor is still running really well, seems to be getting better all the time. I have been driving it rather responsibly lately since I nearly put my rear quarter into the side of scooby! But all is well and Im currently working on the next wave of mods to hopefully get me into the 500's, no where near maxing out the set up yet!

Sorry to hear that mate I hope your well.

Yeah the weather is fun for a while but soon just gets annoying hey, Im also hoping to book into the bodyshop after new years out the way with.

The motor is still running really well, seems to be getting better all the time. I have been driving it rather responsibly lately since I nearly put my rear quarter into the side of scooby! But all is well and Im currently working on the next wave of mods to hopefully get me into the 500's, no where near maxing out the set up yet!

Thanks mate:)

I love the snow when its white and virginal, but this is getting outta hand eh! Calmed here a bit but next week is supposed to be worse!!!!

Look forward to the next wave you have planned, defo need to get some vids up, wanna see and hear this machine! Maybe get to see it in the flesh if i get mine finshed and travel down to some shows next year, you making any???

Thanks mate:)

I love the snow when its white and virginal, but this is getting outta hand eh! Calmed here a bit but next week is supposed to be worse!!!!

Look forward to the next wave you have planned, defo need to get some vids up, wanna see and hear this machine! Maybe get to see it in the flesh if i get mine finshed and travel down to some shows next year, you making any???

Sorry mate I missed this, hows the snow up there at the moment still having fun? Its hardly dropped a flake here.

Still haven't got round to getting some video together, lame I know but stuff always gets in the way. I will certainly be getting out and about to as many shows as I can, I always try and get to the full round of Timeattack as well, I really enjoy the format of the series and there is some awesome machines there. It would be good to finally meet some of you guys and if you make it down to some shows I'll take you for a blast in the beast. :thumbsup:

Sorry mate I missed this, hows the snow up there at the moment still having fun? Its hardly dropped a flake here.

Still haven't got round to getting some video together, lame I know but stuff always gets in the way. I will certainly be getting out and about to as many shows as I can, I always try and get to the full round of Timeattack as well, I really enjoy the format of the series and there is some awesome machines there. It would be good to finally meet some of you guys and if you make it down to some shows I'll take you for a blast in the beast. :thumbsup:

No probs mate, been quiet online myself lately, busy as usual!

Not dropped here either mate, central belt of Glasgow, but no doubt ive just jinxed myself and we'll get a whiteout in time for my works night tomorrow!!! Ha

Would love to get down for some shows etc next year, will keep the progress with the car and hopefully get down. And defo hold you to a spin in yours!!!

Been in today to see the bodyshop, getting the car in on January, 2nd wk for all the paint and body mods. Going for complete paint apart from roof so going by the guys attention to detail and previous work(£270k rollers, Porkers, countless UR Quattro concourse builds, S5 convertible etc) it will be mint!

Stuck a battery in yesterday and fired it up, started first time in 3-4 month!

Will get more done in my fortnight off over Crimbo when i have time.

Fresh paint! Should look the dogs when is done dude. Considering the same for mine, what have you been quoted chief?

I will gladly take you for a spin in mine fella should the chance arise:icon_thumright:

Fresh paint! Should look the dogs when is done dude. Considering the same for mine, what have you been quoted chief?

I will gladly take you for a spin in mine fella should the chance arise:icon_thumright:

Cheers mate!

After having a chat, we've decided as its getting both bumpers, skirts and spoiler, lower weather strips removed and lower doors painted, we'd be better off going the whole hog and doing both sides rather than try blending etc. So pretty much the lot bar the roof. Cost so far is £900 and more than i was budgeting, but the work the guys do is immaculate and thats custom fitting an oem RS4 front bumper.

That price doesn't sound too bad, I might have to go hunting down some quotes myself now and weigh up the options. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, should look real nice once the paints done. Keep at it dude.

Got some quick vids of it running, been lying a few month now but sorted the battery and its alive once again, getting ready for its big trip in Jan!!!!

YouTube - Audi 2.8 Quattro Sport s/s exhaust

YouTube - 2.8 V6 Quattro Sport

Got some new rear lights that will be getting tweaked soon, pics when i get them done, maybe. Will do some bits over next day or two to get ready for going away, and might get a seat out so i can start measuring up the Recaros for installing when it comes back.

You have done some cracking mods on the car so far, been interesting to read what's what etc :icon_thumright:
Just wished I had the patience and know how on how to do some of the things you have done :(
Keep the good work up mate :applaus:

You have done some cracking mods on the car so far, been interesting to read what's what etc :icon_thumright:
Just wished I had the patience and know how on how to do some of the things you have done :(
Keep the good work up mate :applaus:

Thanks mate, it is all about having time etc, not had much lately hence its slowed down a bit.

But more to come in the next few wks, sum big changes and it'll start taking shape eventually!

Finally...........

D-Day has arrived, pulled the car out today and gave it a jump start, turned over straight away, then it was onto the awaiting flatbed.........making its journey down to the bodyshop with all kit etc and list of instructions on whats the plan.

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

Then dropped off at the premises awaiting transformation

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Due to be started next week, and photo progress will be sent onto me to keep the thread updated. Bodyshop were impressed with condition of car etc for its age, and couldnt find a single spot of rust anywhere, one or 2 small ding that will be taken care of. Turnaround is very quick with the guys, but also well detailed and if they aint happy with anything it will be re-done till they are happy before i even get to judge it, but have said to take as long as they want on it. There was a fresh colour changed A3 when i went in, and the finish on the paint was immense, and the range of expensive machinery that goes through their shop is wild, will try get some pics of their other work, its mesmorising!

What colour you going for? Is the RS4 bumper being put on aswell?

Oh and the red lights, do all the colours show through ok? Hearrd it can make the indicators and reverse lights seem a different colour with red tint over them?

Jack-The indicators still emit orange as before, but the reverse lights show a pinky colour! As the reverse lights do not affect MOT etc these dont bother me, small price to pay really!

As for colour, keeping it Laser Red, car already is in excellent condition so only painting it to blend the whole kit in etc and the oem RS4 bumper is being custom fitted, not heating like others have, looking at chopping a few inch out of the centre of the bumper to keep the lines at the sides and bottom of the bumper oem looking instead of the bulky look that heat moddification shows!

Had a visit to bodyshop today, car is stripped and being prepped, all dings being taken out, rear bumper test fitted, lower weather strips removed, taken off and filled, rear spoiler test fitted, boot lid custom filled, wing badges to be smoothed etc etc. Looking good so far, need to pick up some more parts and drop them off, but they reckon on having car in primer by tomorrow maybe, and ready for spray booth by Tues.

im waiting for the new rear lights as well you mention before

Funny you should say that Ras, working on them tonight, hopefully finished and polished up later on. Will stick them up on B5 section also so you see them, probably tomorrow!

Right Ras, stop bullying me now! Ha

New custom rear lenses
DSC00438.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

The write up on tinting them is in the B5 section.

nice work there mate :p

i have an a4 in the garden been stood tehre for about a year really want to turn it into a project but i gt my mk2 and teh audi haha :(

nice work there mate :p

i have an a4 in the garden been stood tehre for about a year really want to turn it into a project but i gt my mk2 and teh audi haha :(

Cheers mate!

Always good to have a spare Audi around!!!! lol. Whats the mk2 you've got, Golf?

Foxy, you got it back from the painters yet?

20v-turbo, facelift? break it, I need some bits. :D

Unfortunately not yet, insurance job came in last wk and i gave them the go ahead to relegate mine.

Last time i was there everything was fitted for test, RS4 bumper was reshaped under lights etc so all looks good! I imagine its ready this week, but im currently doing nightshift so not had a chance to see it, will be looking to collect it Sat i think. All going well i'll get some initial pics straight up when i get it:)

Update.....

Picked the car up on Sat around 4pm, was a busy day so didnt get a chance to get on comp, but as promised here are some initial pictures to show how it turned out...

Sides now without weather strips on doors, wing badges smoothed and oem S4 skirts custom fitted
DSC00448.jpg

Bootlid was modded, bottom swage line smoothed and E92 M3 lip spoiler added
DSC00449.jpg

The money shot....Genuine RS4 front bumper custom fitted
DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

Close up to show the finish on the paint, immaculate, shine and reflection say it all really
DSC00452.jpg

Being loaded on the flatbed for its journey home, very low at the front!!!
DSC00455.jpg

The rear lip on the S4 bumper was colour coded, not my decision, was wanting it black but both guys in bodyshop prefer it like this and asked me to leave it be for a few weeks and see if it grows on me....currently not convinced but will give it time and return it black if i dont come around to the idea(plus there was 2 of them against me, im a lover not a fighter! lol)
DSC00456.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

Finally back to bed for the time being
DSC00459.jpg

Lights out
DSC00460.jpg

Will have the full progress pics of the bodywork next week when theyre sent onto me. Also, seats are next on the hitlist then will be mot, tax etc and once on the road i'll get some better pics in daylight to show it all.

All in all im absolutely chuffed with the turnout of the paint and body mods, guys are top of their game and their customer relations are second to none, always very friendly, helpful and up for a laugh. Went beyond the call of duty by picking the car up and returning it free of charge. I would recommend these guys for anybody looking for this kinda work, even worth the travel from down south as the client base include countless UR Quattro restorations to show spec etc and can accomodate all types of budgets wether show spec builds or simple accident repairs. Anybody interested in using the guys can pm me for full details of the bodyshop.

One of the next UR builds that appeared the day i picked mine up, to be show ready by end of March!!!!
DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

That looks awesome fella, I bet your well chuffed with it. I like the way it looks without the lower door strips & the RS4 bumper looks like it fits really well. Looks like those lads took good care of you, the finish is spectacular. I Need to pull my finger out and get mine sorted.

nice finish Foxy clean lines looks loads better without the wong badges!

the picture in your garage on the OS headlamp looks misted up? is it just the picture?

Last edited:
Thanks mate. They totally outperformed my initial expectations, masters at wot they do, definately looks 10x better in the flesh than pics show! They spent a good bit of time on the RS bumper and it looks factory done, lines are perfect in all usual areas, under lights etc that usually distort! Finally getting somewhere with the car now!

Defo do yours mate, after the engine work it would really finish yours off perfect!

Thanks Ras, finally getting there with it!

The light, didnt even notice that till uploaded the pics, another job to look into, hopefully not to serious!

Wing mirrors are RS dude, I think they should stay. I would like to add, I think the rear apron on the bumper needs to be black, some how it doesn't look right in red. So what is next? VR6 with a big mofo turbo? :laugh: