Chris NottBadger5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Neutral

Status
    What paint did you use? Your thoughts on it; good, easy to use, worth the money, etc? Thinking of doing mine as the car is all black and could od with a subtle splash og colour

A3 1.8T Quattro (2001 | Y) - Black, 5DR, Full Leather, Recaros, Climate, CD, Elec Everything, TT Alloys
    BMW 320 MSport Touring (2007 | 57) - Le Mans Blue, 18" MV3s, PDC, Cruise, CAR

2. # ADS
    ADS

essex boy :)

Status
    Search for the thread I made called 'painting engine cover' it was a writeup I done while painting mine.
    There's a local car paint shop I went to to get the azure blue mixed up,the primers and clearcoat I bought where from halfords.easy to use,pretty cheap and readily available .what colour are you gonna do yours?
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLTYA3TURBO View Post
    Search for the thread I made called 'painting engine cover' it was a writeup I done while painting mine.
    There's a local car paint shop I went to to get the azure blue mixed up,the primers and clearcoat I bought where from halfords.easy to use,pretty cheap and readily available .what colour are you gonna do yours?
    Sorry, meant to say brake calipers. But I'll also check out the cover thread as I might do a wee bit colour inside the engine bay.

A3 1.8T Quattro (2001 | Y) - Black, 5DR, Full Leather, Recaros, Climate, CD, Elec Everything, TT Alloys
    BMW 320 MSport Touring (2007 | 57) - Le Mans Blue, 18" MV3s, PDC, Cruise, CAR

Status
    ohhhhhh lol.i used normal hammerite out of the tin with a brush cleaned the calipers up with brake cleaner/degreaser wire brush and sandpaper then just brushed it on,1 coat then left to dry,2nd coated when dry and there fine .just lucky hammerite make a similar colour paint as my car
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Next up - remap,exhaust

Currently just a Clio owner :(

Status
    nice this is.

Status
    well after a few weeks of having the kw 40mm kit on,it's bedded in nicely!only thing that had been bothering me was the gap in between the front wheel and arch,seemed a little too high still,took a good look round and made a few phone calls to kw,and turns out me and my old man had put the springs around the wrong way which is what i thought at the time but my dad werent having it!but anyways it's no biggy,just gotta take it all apart and swap them around!cheers dad so that's a job for the weekend!
    also i have been having some temperature issues,as in the temp gauge was showing 65-70 while running then if sitting still would get really hot,so i've got a new temp sender and thermostat and 2 bottles of g12 coolant.got both the stat and sender as i thought might aswell renew the lot and make sure rather than running backwards n forwards for parts.so gonna flush the coolant system and renew the coolant at the same time.so i've got some bits to keep me busy this weekend

Next up - remap,exhaust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12