Project B5 RS4 Sedan...

hi siena top job on the motor looks the muts nuts
the wing mirrors are the genuine rs4 ally ones?
if they are where did you get thrm from

audii said:
hi siena top job on the motor looks the muts nuts
the wing mirrors are the genuine rs4 ally ones?
if they are where did you get thrm from

Thanks. Yes, mirrors are genuine RS4 aluminium matt ones.

Purchased from Ipswich Audi.

Wow, youve done yourself proud on that one mate - awesome is not the word!
IMHO the exhaust could do with being slightly larger to suite the cars new image

Well done though!

Mr_Sixx said:
Wow, youve done yourself proud on that one mate - awesome is not the word!
IMHO the exhaust could do with being slightly larger to suite the cars new image

Well done though!

Having new system made, so will be bigger.

Rectified the "spindly" wiper issue, by fitting my B7 arms and aero blades...

31012008172.jpg

31012008170.jpg

31012008174.jpg

31012008175.jpg

Suspension seems to have settled a bit...

31012008171.jpg

Awwwwww makes me want to go and drive mine and clean it up.... just got to play the waiting game now :( Top job tho summin about the rear wheel doesnt look right tho hmmmm cant put my fingure on it.

You got any spare bits that could chear me up?? Oh that dash trim i needed have you still got one or even a set?

Andy, still got the dash trim, the whole lot.

What's left to do on yours?

Hmmmmm. Is it me or does that motor just look better and better with every photo that pops-up? I love the top-down one where the white-balance is slightly off - makes the orange and black really stand out.

I'm thinking that the next time I've a few quid that's not destined for the fuel-tank I'm going to have to do the facelift lights and B7 wipers on mine. Of course that'll be where it starts... I have visions of invoices for new wheels and R/S4 bumper etc. etc!

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne, you're right - it's a slippery slope!

Siena said:
FactionOne, you're right - it's a slippery slope!

Damn straight. I blame ASN for it too! ;) :lmfao:

When I bought my A3 I just wanted to put a CD Player in it. Not long after finding this place it looked like this...

mbt004a.jpg
a3fell-side02b.jpg

So far my B5 has only had a wire for the N75 that burned-out, suspension arms, cambelt, waterpump, brake discs/pads, a CV boot, oil and a tanker-load of diesel! Nothing interesting yet. We'll see though! ;)

Regards,

Rob.

Siena said:
Rectified the "spindly" wiper issue, by fitting my B7 arms and aero blades...

31012008172.jpg

31012008170.jpg

31012008174.jpg

31012008175.jpg

Suspension seems to have settled a bit...

31012008171.jpg

I love the B7 wiper arms – what is the part number? Want to buy them on Monday!! :)

how did you get them to fit? they ahve a wider spindle diameter and mine needed a small collet to fit them, never quite right on mine though so I went with VAG parts Passat aero kit, arms dont look as good as the B7 ones though

Part numbers for B7 wiper arms and blades (RHD)

Driver side arm - 8E2 955 408C
Passenger side arm - 8E2 955 407C

Driver side blade - 8E2 955 425A
Passenger side blade - 8E0 955 425A

what sort of price are we looking at for them siena?, ive just had the blades changed on mine by audi and they charged £24 and fitted them.

so im guessing blades probably similar but what about the arms?

WOW! not been around for a while, Siena mate this has got to be one of the best projects ever! cars UNIQUE now ;) everything goes so well together!

im looking for a RS4 kit myself. front bumper and wheel arches how much am i looking at?

well done mate, the car speaks for itself.

dappadan786 said:
WOW! not been around for a while, Siena mate this has got to be one of the best projects ever! cars UNIQUE now ;) everything goes so well together!

im looking for a RS4 kit myself. front bumper and wheel arches how much am i looking at?

well done mate, the car speaks for itself.

Dan, I'll get you some prices tomorrow.

Great work there mate, also.. the 4.2 v8 with supercharger is a great Idea for a truely unique A4.. Just awesome:happy:

So, little update...

Decided to finally bite the bullet. Sold my S4 Biturbo motor - the new owner drove down from London, armed with a box van, a pallet and an extremely large sidekick, paid for, and took the engine away.

I've now purchased a 4.2L V8, from an early S8, (non-DBW) so 340PS to play with, before things hot up later with a turbo/s set-up.

It's complete with loom, ECU, all ancillaries, instrument cluster, airbox / MAF and original ignition key.

It's of course, an auto, so will be ordering a V8 flywheel from Audi. I WAS looking to go aftermarket ECU, for ease of installation, but decided against it, for a number of reasons:

1) I'll lose my on-board computer function
2) Not sure how the variable intake manifold would work
3) I couldn't use VAG-COM with my OEM OBD connector, not for the engine anyway

I spent Saturday going over the S8 and my B5 schematics, and I can actually integrate both, and retain the OEM functions. I can also keep my OEM instrument cluster too, as cars prior to '99 didn't have the immobilliser incorporated in the dash.

I might use the S8 one however, as the V6 tacho will be far from accurate with a V8 motor, and the on-board computer will DEFINITELY be well out, in terms of fuel computing.

Engine and all the hardware's being delivered on Saturday, and I'll probably get the intake plenum, rocker boxes and timing belt covers done in wrinkle black / grey.

Updates via the usual pictures and text.

Picture of the S8 motor still in the car, as at last week...

ABZV8.jpg

She does look huge, but she'll fit within the B5 chassis. Of course, my trusty S4 6-ratio box (01E / DSY) will be used.

Awwwwww makes me want to go and drive mine and clean it up.... just got to play the waiting game now :( Top job tho summin about the rear wheel doesnt look right tho hmmmm cant put my fingure on it.

You got any spare bits that could chear me up?? Oh that dash trim i needed have you still got one or even a set?

Nothing wrong with the rear wheel, other than the angle of camera lens / image view.

About these B7 wiper arms. Are they a buy and bolt affair or is there more to it than that? It's the sort of mod I can sneak past the wife without her picking up on it. lol

What sort of cost are they?

Car looks awesome BTW

Its going to sound and go like a monster with that thing under the bonnet, I have sweaty palms :(

Making me want to keep my B5

Its going to sound and go like a monster with that thing under the bonnet, I have sweaty palms :(

Making me want to keep my B5

I'd personally keep your B5. They seldom come up with the sort of low mileage yours has.

About these B7 wiper arms. Are they a buy and bolt affair or is there more to it than that? It's the sort of mod I can sneak past the wife without her picking up on it. lol

What sort of cost are they?

Car looks awesome BTW

Thanks buddy.

I'll take a look at my invoices when I get home from work, and check the prices.

I'd personally keep your B5. They seldom come up with the sort of low mileage yours has.

Yeah still in two minds on that one

How difficult were the wipers to fit and are they different to the conversion vag parts sell? I only ask because Audi £90 for the part numbers you posted above where as VAG parts do a conversion kit for £50 and I was wondering if that would look the same as yours

VAGparts kit is different to mine - from B5.5 Passat, and not as nice IMHO.

At last, S8 engine has turned up. With all the bits and pieces.

Still has the torque converter attached, will be tearing that off tomorrow. Myself and the driver were able to lift it out of a Citroen Xantia wagon, without too much hassle.

Someone said Audi figures suggest the V6 30V / Biturbo is lighter? Hell, no. I've had to move the S4 engine before, with a couple of my buddies, and it was a ****** struggle.

Posting up pictures shortly.

S8 ECU and transponder key...

15032008399.jpg

15032008400.jpg

S8 instrument cluster...

15032008396.jpg

15032008397.jpg

15032008398.jpg

Yer a brave man mate, I dip me hat to ya!! This is gonna be an awesome beast, ever more awesome than it already is!
Please get sound clips us soon as the blower is on and its all fitted up!

It may be hassle, yes. But you achieve nothing without pushing boundaries, and taking risks.

Did you do all the body mods yourself?

You planning on doing the engine swap yourself too?

No, I don't do bodywork, that was done by a bodyshop.

As for engine swap, engineering IS my discipline. No one has ever worked mechanically or electronically on any car I've ever owned, and never will.

That V8 will be massaged between the B5's chassis rails by my own fair hands.

Siena, i note you are changing from Auto to the 6 speed, i take it you don not have the spigot bearing problems that we have on the 1.8t. Ie a manual having the bearing and the auto crank not even having the ability to fit one. A crank swap is the way around for us