1998 A6 avant , nick named the ninja turbo

tintiningram

Reaction score
Hears my A6 avant

[/QUOTE]

So far I've been replacing the bulbs in the headlights fogs and the interior:

The driving/main beam and fog bulbs are 5000-5500k the side lights are led 6000k

The door/puddle lights are led now and i've started on the interior roof lights and the foot well lights are on order :sm4:

I've got to sort the boot lock as the micro switch has stopped working plus sort a dodgy conection on the central roof light and i'm going to refurb the head lights soon , then look at getting some facelift rear lights to up date it a bit then start on the leds again :sm4:

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to remove the boot trim today ready to replace the boot lock plus I need to sort the fog light plug out now as it's corroded from water getting in , I fitted these as well my new/old alpine SPS 170A speakers into the front doors :sm4:

I managed to sort the fog light holder out today it was badly corroded so I dismantled it completely and used the dremel to grind away the rust on the plug terminals , it's not pretty but it works again :)

The rest of the interior leds turned up today :)

I'm picking up the boot catch from audi Saturday so I can fit that and sort the number plate trim seal it up to stop it filling with water plus I've got audi to put aside a service kit for me , oil+filter air filter pollen filter as I don't think it has had one in a while

I dried out and resealed the back panel today plus prepared the other fog light and fitted the new boot catch .

next is the service and lens cleaning on the headlights

I serviced the car at the weekend :sm4: the oil filter was hilarious to get off but got it off in the end the car feels and sounds smoother now, new front tyres snd lenz cleaning next :sm4:

I haven't done much to the car recently from lack of funds but I've got the car booked in for a revo stage one map next week :sm4: plus fitted some spacers to the bonnet

I popped into jkm in Portsmouth today to get the revo map but sadly there isn't a code for my ecu because of the age the car, on the good side they diagnosed a few problems that need solving:sm4:

Plus i've orderd these to give ago

I've fitted the new l.e.d. indicators wich are much better

The headlights are now fully l.e.d. run :)