Welcome to my A4's diary, years ago I suffered a rugby accident and could not learn to drive a manual so I had to settle for automatics so I've never owned a top spec sports model of any car. My aim in this diary is to post general repairs and restoration of my A4. Though I may never be able to drive an S4 I will sure as hell try and build a replica (externally only). I do not currently work and am a full time daddy so finances are tied tight.
Here's a picture of it:
First things first my single din concept stereo was on the frits! The volume would stay at max! so ditched that asap for my old sony cd player. (Heard it's a common fault)
Then I added a decal to the rear window in memory of Paul Walker from the Fast & Furious series.
I then fiddled around with changing the front side lights to CREE 501 bulbs and replaced the numberplate bulbs with 1W SMDs.
Finally I had a pair of H7 Goldvision bulbs from my old VW Golf, so I redeemed them in the fogs for time being.
My future plans include the following:
1) A change of rear light clusters to red/clear jewel effect ones
2) A mesh grille with the Audi badge
3) Full interior bulbs replaced with SMDs, map, courtesy, footwell, glove box & boot
4) Pair of pressed number plates in S4 badged plate holders
5) 'S Line' badges for the grille and sides of the car and an 'S4' boot badge (My so called 'Wish Badges')
6) H7 CREEs in the fog lamps, H7 6000k HIDs in the Low Beam, will move the H7 Goldvisions from fogs to High Beam
7) Add a 'Lip' to the boot lid.
8) Repair the dents and scratches in the summer, tried painting in the winter and the results aren't very good.
9) Refurbing the 15" stock alloys, possibly polishing them to a mirror shine or paint them chrome which ever works
Later in the year or next year I will be trying to source some wheels and bumpers if I can find a cheap set, else I'll just colour code my front bumper. I'm not to keen on lowering as I don't find it practical. All in all I hope to achieve a clean car that's a little tarted up but running well in the long run, as stated above I can't drive/run/insure an S4 and this will be for the child within me lol
Thank you for viewing my diary, all feedback welcome.