A4 Avant 1.8T Sline Project Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 85022
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 85022

Hi,

Not been on here long, but have been looking at other A4 Avants and seeing what other people can do to them made me want to start doing similar things to mine!

Starting this thread to keep a track/blog of all the mods and for advice/opinions on where to go next!

The car is a 1.8T A4 avant Quattro 190 sline. Full leather, cruise, xenons as standard.

Haven't got any photos of the car as standard, but took a few today after a good clean!

At the moment all i have done is have the rear windows tinted, and rebadged the rear. I've started trying to tidy up the interior first, and fix the leak in the passenger footwell! although i have hopefully resolved that now!

anyway, here are a few photos from today.

I've got a set of H&R Lowering springs to be fitted next, and then i can decide on what spacers i want, i was thinking 10mm all round, would this be enough to bring the wheel out to the edge of the arches? I'm running the standard et43 17x7J 5 Spoke Wheels with 235/45 Tyres. If anyone has any advice on that, i would appreciate it! below is a photo of the current wheel set up.

Also on the to fit list is the new stereo, which will get rid of the annoying standard audi one that kept making noises like it was chewing the CD!

Other than the springs i will also be blacking the chrome surround on the front grill.

Next on the list is a Remap, potentially some new alloys(if i can find Speedlines/reps cheap enough, anyone know of any??)

Don't have a massive budget, but do have a list as long as my arm of things to do!

Thanks for reading, Sorry for the essay!

Dan

Very nice, though I would say that as I have a very similar car to you. I hope to get some pics of mine up soon and will be following this thread with interest

Forgot to mention the pressed plates, think they really suit the car.

Had a lot of maintenance work done before,I started anything else, pollen and air filter, fresh oil, new gearbox mount as that broke whilst driving over a cattle grid:( also new spark plugs and had to get a little plastic valve so the car didn't run rich.

Leak has now been resolved after changing the pollen filter tray, and unblocking the condensation pipe.

Found a set of wheels I really like so I'm hoping to grab those whilst I still can!

been a couple of weeks since anything has happened. finally got the interior of the car back together in one piece! got rid of the leak and fitted the new stereo! which is nice and tidy!

Getting the cam belt done soon, which is the last of the service type of things to be done, then on to remaps and upgrades!

ordered my new wheels as well which is good, see pictures attached. gonna order some tyres tonight so they might be on the car at some point in the very near future, along with some lowering springs!

also blacked out the chrome grill and dewipered the boot. happy days.

photo 10 by danarbon11, on Flickr

photo 9 by danarbon11, on Flickr

photo 7 by danarbon11, on Flickr

photo 12 by danarbon11, on Flickr

Apologies for the crap pictures, all on my iPhone in a hurry!

Long time since an update.

New wheels now on. Coil overs going on this weekend. Will get pictures once the coilies are on!

Blacked out the chrome window surround as well which I think looks much better.

Will be getting some hub spacers then I might be happy with the outside.

This is with new wheels and lowering springs and B5 perches upfront. springs and perches will be for sale once i have the coil overs fitted.

they are H&R 35mm drop springs.

image by danarbon11, on Flickr

image by danarbon11, on Flickr

Blacked out chrome surround.

sorry about it being so small!

Been a while since i updated this thread, done a couple of things since july!

Got fed up of the soft ride from the springs and standard shocks. Bought a set of BC Racing Coilovers and got them fitted before I drove to Germany.

Soon after getting back I decided to get rid of the chrome roof bars and spray them black too. At this point I also decided I wanted some new wheels too...

I spent some time looking for different wheels, and in the end i settled for a set of these:

And that is as up to date as we get. There are a few things that I've also done that i didn't mention, cam belt, water pump, LED licence place plate bulbs, and i also changed all the interior lighting to LED to get rid of the horrible yellow glow.

Want to get the coil overs wound down a bit, and i need the new wheels refurbed, but still undecided on colour. It would be between Black, Hyper Black or Gunmetal Grey.

The temptation for air ride is there and I'm sure it will happen sooner or later! But I think I may now look at adding a bit more power to my car instead.

Thanks for reading! hopefully i'll keep this updated and it will be interesting!

Dan

Reactions: PeterPatch1
I like the black roof bars.. but tbh I would have stayed with the stock alloys?

But Avants are a ****** good looking car

i imagine i will go back to a set of speed lines in time. but only when i can get some genuine 19s as opposed to the fake 18s i had.

Haven't updated for a while....

new wheels have been on for a while now. coil overs still need to go down but with the offset and massive tyres that won't be happening just yet. fitted aero wipers now as well.

tidying up the engine bay at the moment. ordered all the covers and some r8 oil and coolant caps.

DSC_0428 by Dan Arbon, on Flickr

Fitted new engine covers this week. and a R8 oil cap.

From this:

18974404742_9fcf9a6e10_z.jpg

to this:
18357216304_6f34d2e176_z.jpg

Loving the speedlines! love the colour too! cant beat a grey audi!

Nice like it!!!

Thanks!
Will try post a few more updates when it comes back from the garage. Having an ecu crisis....

Have plenty of new things to show...

Reactions: Welshquattro, mistermoo and Ro55
Got some more engine bay updates to do, and fitted some s4 mirrors.

Gonna try tidy up the exterior first, get the wheels re done back in an oem silver and get my big brakes fitted too!

Then to decide if I put a bigger turbo in there as the car is just too slow at the moment!

Any feedback on big turbos would be great. Looked at ko4 015 but not sure what extra this will give me over a k04?

Dan

great looking car mate on my 1.8t I'm on a stage 2 remap rs4 injectors and a turbo back exhaust and de-cat gives more power

Car as it is at the moment. Finally worked out how to upload the photos from my phone! Will try get a better quality one shortly!

Short plates, r8 coolant and power steering caps. Gloss black engine bay covers and got my front plate blank fitted. I've glued magnets in the back so I have a removable plate which leaves no marks.

Reactions: Northampton_ofn
Loving the engine bay mods, very nice, car on the whole looks great!

I want engine bay covers for mine where did you get them or was they already on the car. Do you have a close up of the plate blank I've been thinking of doing this

Thanks for the comments!

Flat bottom steering wheel was something else I forgot to mention...

More pictures of plate blank. I had to cut all the tabs off the back and take down some the lip.

Plate blank has magnets glued in behind it and then on to number plate.

Reactions: mistermoo and D9n dk
I want engine bay covers for mine where did you get them or was they already on the car. Do you have a close up of the plate blank I've been thinking of doing this

Engine covers I got from Audi. Cheaper than going on eBay! I then gave them to local spray shop to go gloss black.

Currently got a pile of bits mounting up, but I just can't be bothered to fit anything! Need some motivation.

Anyone else look at their car and just think it looks crap some days?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 312
Reactions: D9n dk
all the time mate thats why mine is getting air fitted lol

Kind of forgot I had some big brakes getting sprayed... Upgraded fronts to Touareg 4 pot 330mm discs and rear to b6 s4 300mm discs.

Found an rs4 sway bar I bought that needs fitting and a chrome manifold that will be going on as well.

Last thing to decide is what to get my wheel centres done in? Ceramic polish, chrome powder coat, oem silver or gold? Not sure what to go for. Swaying towards gold but will it clash with bright yellow calipers? Haha

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    765.6 KB · Views: 298
gold will clash mate id go polished or chrome powder