Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

My A4 TDI 1.9 130bhp

This is my A4 from when I bought her and to how she sits now
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387036958.067803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387036988.242258.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387037023.827352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1387037053.998883.jpg
    The car is sitting on ta technix coil overs on 18" bbs wheels with 225/40/18 tires..
    All the work carried out on the car was done by myself..
    The colour was chosen by my partner but have to say it does look well.. It's not too girly :lol:

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Each to their own I suppose! What mods have been done?

1st Gear

Status
    Full s-line kit on her twin exit exhaust both working German plates..
    Want to up power but dunno how to..
    I have plans to change front end to 05-08 model too

5th Gear

Status
    Remap is the easiest way to get more power, 5 minutes and it will be upto 165-170 bhp with no issues other than possibly the clutch. If it's a 5 speed only a 228mm clutch, 6 speed with the 240mm clutch takes it better. You can limit the torque to help the clutch really depends on how many miles it's done.
    Color is interesting, I think I can say that when you come to sell it on you will have limited the amount of available buyers. But then again you only need one person to buy a car.

Karl.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by desertstorm View Post
    Remap is the easiest way to get more power, 5 minutes and it will be upto 165-170 bhp with no issues other than possibly the clutch. If it's a 5 speed only a 228mm clutch, 6 speed with the 240mm clutch takes it better. You can limit the torque to help the clutch really depends on how many miles it's done.
    Color is interesting, I think I can say that when you come to sell it on you will have limited the amount of available buyers. But then again you only need one person to buy a car.

Karl.
    Cheers Karl.. I've actually been offered gud money for the car but herself won't let it go..
    When it comes to mapping the car does it make any difference about mileage... I have 195k on mine.. She's 5 speed too...

5th Gear

Status
    If it's on the original clutch a remap will make it slip pretty much guaranteed. I mapped an Octavia a few weeks ago and that was on 175K on the original clutch. I offered to reduce the torque to help the clutch but owner wanted the standard map, I am not suprised the clutch started slipping 2 weeks later.Fortunately I always give people the option of a standard map on another bank that they can easily switch back to with VAG-COM.
    As far as the turbo and engine go then as long as you don't drive it like you stole it there isn't usually an issue.

Karl.

1st Gear

Status
    I don't no if it's on original clutch but I seriously doubt it with that mileage... As regards driving it like I stole it, it's a diesel there's no point :lol: