mk1 golf 1.8t frankenturbo f23 build

peterg60

Reaction score
fought i put up my build on here since loads of 20v builds and hybrid builds. this is my mk1 golf 1983 hellious blue.

i always wanted a 20v turbo after seeing loads of people doing it. after some quotes of £5000 + supply and fit i decided to have a go myself :unsure:. i was a bit worried as ive only changed a oil filter in a car before, but i fought i have a go. what can go wrong hey!.

the old 8v out

engine agu 80k

running megasquirt manegment as i wanted to have a go to map it myself

fully repainted

went to fit some forged conrods. opened engine up and cambelt faluire on ebay engine

old pistons

cylinder 3 bore

head some bent valves

bores honed

pistons from a low milage passat aeb engine same pistons as agu 20mm wrist pins

new pistons installed along with forge rods and racing bearings ( see my wallet its low :) )

cylinder head rebuilt by a m8 of my had new

new exhaust valves
new valve guides
valves remachined
head skimmed
dechoked
new tensioner

epytec g60 adaptors

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottD3
engine all fitted up just need to fitting timing belt and sort loom back.

f23turbo(boxed)

rentless v3 manifold

cremic coated f23 hybrid turbo

came with oil/water lines aswell

matt from trackslag needed a mk1 golf to make a downpipe for his range of downpipes and exhaust so he used my

3 inch downpipe done

bigger toyo intercooler fitted

made my own tip with a jetex filter

Reactions: ScottD3
aem wideband

then thursday i went to fit the new bosch 550cc injectors into my fuel rail and they were shorter than the standard ones

so a drive up to badger 5 and bill sorted me some unspacers

ready to bed in rings

well took my car to the dyno day at garage streamline and was happy with the results(thanks eddie). needs more mapping and boost to be turned up to 1.5 bar or maybe more :) running on asda fuel lol

here is a video at 10 psi
mk1 1.8t k04 hybrid 10 psi run garage streamline - YouTube

and pitcures and dyno plot with 0.7 bar and 1.2 bar. i need a electronic boost controller as the mbc boost drops

Reactions: Dean_T and ScottD3
so i upped the boost and took the car to dyno. still on asda fuel i know i forgot.

then car went to bills. it was detting uptop . needs mapping propley
badger2.jpg
[/url]

lost 2 psi some where

so car in now in bits in garage. im in talks with dough at frankenturbo with another manifold. so will report bk when all fitted with vpower :) and mapped by a proffessional :)

Reactions: Dean_T and ScottD3
Nice build, I half way through my MK2 20VT at the moment, things take for ever when your a perfectionist :)

wow, good work mate! And you've done a spot on job if you haven't done much tinkering in the past! all the work i do usually is ghetto mods... works but looks nasty haha.