Finally starting the project on the A4 Quattro Sport

matt_simo1

Reaction score
Hi all. I was getting annoyed (jelous) at reading everybody elses projects so it is with great pleasure i can finally do my own! Ive got a Audi A4 Quattro sport, The originall wheels were getting a bit tatty and needed to be replaced so ive gone with 18" by 9J 58 PLATE Audi TT rims, they changed the car but now as you can see she sits far to high now for my liking so ive ordered a set of Coil overs for her which i should be seeing soon :) Been reading some write ups and after having to take the suspension apart to replace the outer C.V. and other controll arms, im not worried about the fitting, more the tweeking to get the ride height i want... but ill keep you all posted with pics ;-) I cant actually fit the coil overs anyway due to a seriously buckled wheel....it would literally rub my arch away if i lowered it but hopefully bits like wheel and coilovers will arrive soon...

Also ive ordered a De Cat pipe and FMIC

loving it!

*****WILL POST PICS WHEN I FIGURE OUT HOW TO USING MY I PHONE?*****

8e35d5f8.jpg

why have you fitted a buckled wheel

Lol, because when I bought them i did so off a mate, who said he checked them all, when it came to my old set of tyres needed to be replaced i bought them then. And realised when i was balancing the wheels after I fitted the new tyres to the new rims.....that plus it took weeks to sort the spacers out and by the time it was all there I just wanted the buggers on :)

So ive got my wheel from ebay...a few scuffs but its not buckled....going to fit this wheel now, send the buckled one off to get straightend then fit that one again while i get the ebay job refurbed. Ive got my coil overs now too but still no "C" Spanners....i phoned motorsport direct to find out where they were last week (cause they didnt pack them with the coilovers) :-( Still no sign!

But Toyosports take the biscuit with the FMIC.... They posted it last week, from the 8th its been in a warehouse somewhere with the "sticker not on the packaging" so Parcel force dont know where to send it. I phoned toyo sports and its taken several arsey emails to and from for us to establish its not my job to describe to parcel force what the packaging looks like and that i just want my Inter cooler :-( They decided to resend me another one and claim back of parcel force the old one....That should be arriving today :)

O and feel a lot more justified in spending loads of money on suspension when i found the broken rear coil spring when fitting my wheel :)

Last saturday i finally had the time to get the car in and fit the coilovers.... this was a lot easier than i imagined. Took just over 2 hours to get them all in (Non adjusted), thats even with the usual top pinch bolt seizeing in on the fronts. But it took a good 2 hours to adjust the ride height. This being that i stil have not recieved the correct C Spanners from motorworld so had to make do with my mates slightly to big ones. Still all on and looking loverly.....

Did find N.S track rod end needed to be replaced. The only problem is ive developed a bad knocking on the back now, ive replced the rear drop links and ARB Bushes...still there so any ideas? im thinking its either bushes or something but will be putting her back on the ramp tomorrow to investiget but its doing my sweed in.

The car feels alot more responsive and so much nicer to drive, im not finding them too hard either and can still go over speed bumps. Ill post some pics up soon :)

Just got back from the states last week, but before i went i managed to fit the FMIC from Toyo sports...wasnt that bad to fit and shaving the bumper was easy enough. Still needs to be tweeked to get is perfectly straight as its slighty off at an angle so dont have pic witn the bumper on yet :(

But since being back ive fitted the Full Milltek exhaust and a De Cat pipe. The Milltek sounds awesome! so happy i went with that and spent the money.