Copied direct from other forums.
18th November 2011, made the 350 mile round trip to go and collect it. Bought it from a very loving owner, who also gave me alot of other bits and pieces i wasnt expecting, like 5l of mobil 1 oil, tailor fitted car cover and a few others.
Well here it is...
225PS – 1.8, 20v Turbo – Running the standard map
• K&N 57i Cone filter – freshly cleaned and re-oiled red
• Jabbasport polished stainless heat shield
• Autobahn88 Silicone Turbo intake pipe, in red
• Newsouth phenolic intake manifold spacer gasket
• Forge Motorsport closed loop diverter valve
• N249 Bypass mod
• Various replacement vacuum/boost hoses in red silicone hose
• Standard Leon Cupra R 18” wheels – minor scuffs and discolouration, but no buckling
• Toyo Proxes T1-R’s - All 4 newly fitted in February this year, with less than 5,000 miles covered
• EBC Ultimax Discs front and rear
• EBC Yellow stuff pads front and rear – rears have plenty of life left, but the fronts are due for replacement. A set of OEM spec Ferodo pads will be fitted prior to sale.
• New O/S/R calliper, lacquered red to match, fitted at time of brake overhaul (approx 35k ago), plus new brake fluid
• Superpro Polybushes - fitted to Wishbones, Dogbone Torque mount and Anti-roll bar
• Audi S3 upper strut brace
• Original Stock LCR spec springs and shocks – Firm and stiff, but not harsh
• N/S/F Wheel bearing replaced – January 2010
One thing I didn't realise, was how slow these are in standard trim!! Soo...
Milltek exhaust, non res, with sports cat.
this shall be fitted next week and hopefully in for mapping at P-Torque at the weekend...
Today gave it a winter protection, using :-
Auto glym SRP
Supernatural Hybrid Sealant
Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax
Then I got lazy and got someone else argue with the seized cat bolts
Already pulls so much better than the standard down pipe back system. Hopefully it'll be in for mapping on Saturday.
More pictures with another wax coat:
Some pictures to show how (in)visible the intercooler is:
Well, took the trip up to p-torque yesterday.
Arrived there will was tied up with another car but took the time to come and explain he was running slightly behind, but would be with me shortly.
After he finished, onto my car it was. Strapped down and ran up on the rollers. Then, on the power run, disaster!! Down to 3 cylinders. Gutted. Especially as the previous lever had only just replaced the coils before I bought it. Will took off the. Engine cover off and found cyl 4 cool had come unplugged. Due to a broken look clip. I think he was relieved as I was!
After a few runs, he unclipped it and took it out. Came back and handed me the keys, I took it out, and at first, a little disappointed, but i think this is due to how smooth it is. However, when I drove away, it felt ALOT better, I'm guessing it was down to the heat soak.
Will did say it made 315lb/ft at one point but was getting vibration from the flywheel do knocked it back
The drive home, as expected, fun. Apart from pulling out from strensham services, giving it a boot full and BANG. I initially thought, well, rods did well lol. But it was the dump valve being blown out the charge pipe so a 2 mile walk back to get a screwdriver and all was sorted.
(All was not as it seemed as you shall read further on...)
**** just got real y0.
Quick detail using New products and camera
quick clean and playing about with my new 350d