B7 A4 sline build, low and slow

Triple.O.G

Reaction score
Right guys I have never done a build thread before as I dont normally do this much to a car but this one is spiraling out of control a little bit so here we go.

First up is a couple of pics of my last car that i traded for the A4:

5.jpg

4.jpg

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

6.jpg

and 1 of it next to my mates car

7.jpg

Swapped that beast for a different kind of car:

8.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

very happy with the car and with everything I wanted and more as standard apart from leather i got to work on modding her pretty quickly with a LCR splitter:

10.jpg

Currently thinking of removing this and carbon wrapping it but not sure yet? opinions?

Next on my to do list was have the windows tinted, a mate of mine (who is qualified) did it for me but only had dark tint at the time so with me being super impatient I had that done all round.

After that was some FK AK street coilovers:

23.jpg

20.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Had the drop and the look i was going for but there were abit soft and rattled alot no matter what I did to fix it so I binned them off and put on some AP springs and shocks with 40mm front and 30mm rears:

Aps5.jpg

fronts
Aps4.jpg

rears
APs6.jpg

Next on my list was to remove my grill and surround so I could paint them black:

DRL2.jpg

This only lasted a few months untill it stone chipped pretty bad so I vinyl wrapped it instead.

Got my hands on some staggered 18" BBS LM reps:

BBS1.jpg

BBS4.jpg

BBS3.jpg

For some reason (I think its the dish) they just dont seem to work in 18"s although they look mint in 19"s so I swapped them with Unikarl for some 19" RS6's which I think suit my car much better, shortly after this I bought some Weitec 50mm springs to drop the back end down another 20mm:

Pimp3.jpg

Pimp9.jpg

Also put some 6mm spacers in the front and some 15mm's on the rear for some poke:

Pimp8.jpg

Polished6.jpg

Im starting to lose track of what order i did things in now but ill try and keep it together:

I had cruise control fitted next thanks to Bez101, also fitted ambient lighting as well but but dont have no pics of this as its really nothing of note.

Bought some carbon fibre vinyl from eBay and started to pull my interior apart to get it wrapped, I thought I had pictures of this but cant find them at the monent.

Exhaust was next which I swapped with Unikarl again, its a carbon wrapped TFSI diffuser and the backbox has been removed from the original system and we had 3.5" dual exit pipes fitted from the centre pipe with just tailpipes on the end (no backboxes):

Polished7.jpg

Its not perfect, I want to either re wrap the carbon with a darker film and fit 4" tailpipes or get an S4 diffuser and have RS4 tails put in. also my heatshield is somehow missing 2 clips so it is rattling a little on the pipework of exhaust so I need to fix that quickly.

Next job to do was fit my LED sidelights and 8000k HID kit which is very bright and before anyone says it no it does not dazzle other drivers I have never been flashed once and it sailed through the alignement test part of the MOT.
Sidelights:
LEDs2.jpg

HID's:
HIDs3.jpg

HIDs1.jpg

after that I wanted RS6 style DRLs fitting in my fog surrounds but at £350 for good ones I decided against it, Unikarl then said he could make me a set at cost so I went ahead with this and here they are:

DRL2.jpg

DRL4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Im happy with them, subtle but noticable.

I think that gets you all just about up other than a few stickers in the rear window which arn't finished and my recently fitted AP Coilovers, I have picture of these but the rear hasn't settled in yet:

Coiloversfront.jpg

Polished1.jpg

Coilovers1.jpg

Coiloversrear.jpg

Im very happy with these so far, they dont rattle, there firm but comfortable, sporty and have loads of adjustment for the front, my only problem is that the rears are down as low as they will go and its not enough, I will be removing the rear rubber perches at some point to get an extra inch lower which will stand me at 24" ftg and ill match the front which is currently 24.5" ftg.

I have plenty more to come hopefully as soon as possible which includes some new alloys which im arranging now, an RS4 grill, new exhaust, 20mm spacers for the rear & the 15mm's will be going on the front, removing the front arch lining clip and im sure there'll be even more.

I forgot to mention somewhere in the middle of all that I had Unikarl do me another funky little mod:

Bluedials2.jpg

I also de bagged the boot lid:

22.jpg

Most of the pics are out of order so the eagle eyed amongst you may spot a mod before I mention it or stone chips after I said I'd had them fixed but just ignore all that.

Thanks for looking and I hope it gives some of you B7 guys abit of inspiration for your own cars.

Any opinions are welcome good and bad! :arco:

Last edited:
looking good! regarding the spacers where did u get them from? also you interior lighting how easy was that to do???

Cheers dude, I didn't get them, I got them with the wheels but i think there just ebay jobs, also ECS tuning do them.

Interior lighting was probably the easiest mod to do, pop off light cover, disconnect the mic if you have bluetooth, drill holes in the little circles, attach the two wires that come from the LEDs to the connection points, put it all back together.

There is a few guides on here if you search.

Thanks Daz, I hope you get under way soon too, like seeing what everyone else is up to! Not ling now till AITP, just wish I could have my new wheels in time!

car looks fantastic mate!rear wheel sits almost perfect.......just a little lower needed like youve said.what exactly was the rattle from the FK coilovers......about to purchase a set of the AK Street kit but somewhat put off now!

am i in the minority that prefers the front grill surround chrome??just my taste.........:)

Thanks mate, yeah I'm on with getting it sat lower, been talking to Chin about it tonight, I want 20mm spacers for rear too so it should be stances pretty perfect, new wheels with have lower offsets too.

DO NOT buy AK streets mate they rattle about like crazy, feel loose and generally un safe.

JOM are cheap and supposed to be good but everywhere is out of stock untill September.

Give DPM a Call.

That Unikarl sounds like a damn decent and incredibly handy chap ;)

Another quick mention, in March I organised a group buy with Angel tuning for engine remapping, had 25 people turn up (no A4 B7's :()

I decided to go for a gentlemans 185bhp with 385nm of torque.

Car drives much the same as before but I can tell a big difference in the amount of power and turbo comes on a little earlier, MPG is roughly the same if not 1 or 2mpg better. Very happy and can recommend them to anyone looking for a map at a reasonable price.

Yeah nice one mate, get your map sorted, who you thinking of going with?

Very quick update, thought id post up my sickers so far, Not to everyones taste but they can be taken off so easy I thought i'd see how they look, just abit of fun really.

stickers1.jpg

stickers2.jpg

Looking good man. I have FK AK Streets too, and also have the horrible knocking noise. Hoping to get them changed ASAP. How did you fit cruise control?? Would like that on mine!

Thanks Ash, yeah I got rid of them pretty quickly there awful.

Cruise control was fitted and coded by Bez101 who did a cracking job.

Couple of quick updates, iv now ditched all the stickers from the rear windows and will be hopefully changing the wheelsin May due to 2 of mine being buckled as a result of punctures.
Not yet sure what to get? Something funky or something safe like S5's?