my project begins :) 8L content

4rings

Reaction score
hi all pretty new to this forum. but not new to forums in general.

have done a few project cars.

91 polo on 40's e.t.c
2.2 vtec 92 honda civic

and a few other mini projects.

i used to have an a3 4 years ago and loved it. nbeen in the honda scene for a while and just had a brainwave to go back to an a3.

so here we go.

this is what i brought

fash
1.8t fwd

ill let the pics do the talking.

few bits that im doing first are:

respraying front bumper and fitting debadged grille.
pass quarter panel needs respraying.
fitting coilovers and wheel.
renewing top mounts and drop links at the same time.
bought some mats of ebay which fit the same as stock ones with the correct mounting holes e.t.c and am very pleased with them better than the universal cannon mats that wer in there :)

few more things to come will update e.t.c very soon. but for now ths is how it stands

a3stereo006.jpg

a3stereo007.jpg

a3stereo009.jpg

a3stereo010.jpg

a3stereo011.jpg

well well if it aint nobby! looks good bud need some more updated pics tho

nafeman u little plonker. pics to follow tomorrow :)

Looks tidy dude, nice base for some modding :). Black A3's are always win too

thanks curt would of got pics up yesterday as it has now been lowered. ALOT lol. but camera battery flat so will get pics as soon as poss.

it is also booked into the bodyshop this month to have one side painted front bumper smoothed and debadge grille fitted :)

Any pics of your mats and a link to the ebay shop?

Thanks

finally got car back from bodyshop. fresh as a daisy. heres a quick pick i took when i got home

audi002.jpg

few more better high quality pictures. after a quick valet.

have de wipered the rear. and have put deposit down on wheels which will be fitted in a few weeks along with tracking e.t.c and wheels spacers if needed

then its time for mechanical work.

full service
find fault with abs
fix oil leak
cambelt/water pump
amd remap and miltek exhaust system

audi006.jpg

audi008.jpg

audi011.jpg

havent updated this for a long time so time for an update!.

since last pics i have fitted 18 inch scirocco replica alloys along with 5mm wheel spacers and longer wheel bolts. and also got audi centre caps to replace the vw ones.

jetex cone filter

forge split-r valve

stage 1 remap at amd

raised the back of the bonnet by 25mm

carbon wrapped the bonnet

carbon wrapped outer b-pillars

to do when i get paid again:

fit 25mm eibach anti-roll bar

and buy and fit full miltek exhaust system.

here is a pic of how the car stands now:

audigraffiti.jpg

Very nice.

Need more pics up though mate.

Reactions: 4rings
I do like that :) never seen an 8l with them wheels!

They suit it down to the ground!

How much isit lowered by roughly?

I do like that :) never seen an 8l with them wheels!

They suit it down to the ground!

How much isit lowered by roughly?

thanks mate!. i do love the deep dish look with stretch tyres but havent seen these on an a3 either so i went for them :). its on fk coilovers. only the cheap 200 quid ones. the rear is aslow as it can possibly go. and the fronts are three quarters of the way down. i would say its around 80-90mm rear and 90-100mm front but that is a wild guess to be honest

i conciderd them wheels fr a bit, but was never sure,,,but mate they look the balls on a balck audi ...love it m8 :)

thanks mate :). still got issues with it catching the arch :( but hopefully will get t sorted out in the next few weeks.

Boys car! get a mans car like a a4 lol only playing bro I see my photos look really good so does the car mate keep it up!!!

rubbings allways an issu :/

got 19x10 rears, and 9 fronts lol,,, had to falre teh rear arches and the bumper :/

ye mine are 19x8 and it will be ok just needs tweaking and fiddling with tbh. but still a pain. i wouldnt put 19x10 on mine just 4 the amount of work. BUT of course when its done it will always be worth it. :). i may change wheels in future.

i have a question for ppl on here:

what do you think to painting the wheels bright white??

Nah, white is far too common nowadays, be different and keep 'em silver :p. Looking good though man, loving the lows. I want mine down that much on the front, but my driveshaft catches the chassis miles before the ARB... I can't be bothered to notch it.

Car looks very clean, only thing I'm not keen on is the bonnet lifters.

Nah, white is far too common nowadays, be different and keep 'em silver :p. Looking good though man, loving the lows. I want mine down that much on the front, but my driveshaft catches the chassis miles before the ARB... I can't be bothered to notch it.

Car looks very clean, only thing I'm not keen on is the bonnet lifters.

hi curt. why does your driveshaft cath the chassis?? and yeh the bonnet lifters are marmite. BUT they do serve a purpouse and im hopeing once the roof and boot have been carboned it will all come together.

im still all for paintng my wheels white one needs painting anyway. i havet seen any audi's round my way with white wheels. i think it will make it look alot crisper e.t.c but if im wrong then ill let u say i told you so lol. :)

thnaks for the comments

I really don't know, wish I did. I've got a new dog bone mount to go on, hopefully that'll reduce any movement, but other than that... As long as you like them that's what matters :).

Not saying it'll look bad man, it will look good. Just there seemed to be a phase a little while ago of painting wheels white, especially in the 306 scene (my previous car).

I'll keep my eye on your thread for updates :thumbsup:

I really don't know, wish I did. I've got a new dog bone mount to go on, hopefully that'll reduce any movement, but other than that... As long as you like them that's what matters :).

Not saying it'll look bad man, it will look good. Just there seemed to be a phase a little while ago of painting wheels white, especially in the 306 scene (my previous car).

I'll keep my eye on your thread for updates :thumbsup:

ye white is fairly common i have had a few cars with white wheels to be fair. but ill give it a bash. and see what happens. wont be done yet till next month maybe. BUT after this month i want to concentrate on the soundsystem really.

anyway car is booked it friday for a new front screen. and then to have the window tint sunstrip re done. and booked car in for a cat back system at infinity exhausts. so progress shal be made once again this month. until my money runs out again. lol. ill give it about a week :(

just a quick update. had my 25mm eibach anti roll bar fitted along with new lower arms. so ALL front suspension components have been re newed. i would take a pic but you cat realy see it anyway :).

next:

stretched tyres on the front. and repaint wheels white. progress will be slightly slower than it has been as i lost my job. but never the less it will continue :)

That looks spot on! persoanlly I'm a fan of hidden tail pipes on these a3's as it is exactly

This looks very smart i love the A3 in black suits it i have a loverly S3 interior that would sit well in that mines getting buckets and steel bars heheh :)