Chris - Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible - Huge, getting HUGER specification!

CHRIS555

DOPE with added OCD
Reaction score
Hi this is my Audi Convertible which I have been modifying and cherishing for the past year. I wil give you a brief breakdown and add pictures below along with updates and pictures as I go along! The car will be available to see at all major shows throughout 2011.

Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible
Six Speed Manual
Phantom Black
Red Nappa Leather Interior
Fridge
Heated Seats
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Sport Pack including suspension, 3 spoke steering wheel, sports seats and arm-rest
Folding mirrors
4x Electric windows
Xenon Headlamps
Wind Deflector
BOSE Sound System

Modifications thus far:

Remap at Miltek Sport
Bespoke Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust System
Carbonio Carbon Fibre Induction System
Window Tints
Forge Diverter Valve
Neuspped Thermostat (82degrees)
Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter
OEM Alloys Flash Chromed x 5
Goodyear F1 Eagle Tyres (latest version)
Pioneer AVIC 910 BT Headunit inc. DVD, CD, SATNAV, Bluetooth, SD, USB (as good as everything!)
JL Audio 8inch subs in custom enclosure built into the ski-hatch
JL Audio amp located in spare wheel bay
Ambient lighting replaced with red bulbs/lighting

To do list:

Alpine screens being fitted into original headrests in the next month
Custom Intercooler
Milltek Sports-Cat
Larger Turbo (GT28/30)
Upgraded Manifold, downpipe and fuelling for larger Turbo)
Lighter (unique) alloys

Original Sales Pictures - August 2009

media3.jpg

media-1.jpg

Milltek Exhaust System - Highly Recommended! Fitted at their Head Quarters in Derby alongside there old Audi R8!

SNC00597.jpg

SNC00596.jpg

A4_Cab_MTK_System_3_wm.jpg

A4_Cab_MTK_System_2_wm.jpg

A4_Cab_MTK_System_1_wm.jpg

Carbonio Induction System - Installed by me - 45minute job start to finish

PICT1037.jpg

PICT1039.jpg

PICT1041.jpg

good job. How does it sound?

To be totally honest, AWESOME!!! So much different to standard - the exhaust is just brilliant but the Carbonio was far better than I thought it would be.

I've done some videos on youtube, they are not brilliant and I will be getting some new, better quality ones done soon, but here are the current ones - there is one of the standrd exhaust and one of the milltek, plus others

YouTube - 555senna's Channel

This is some additional photo's for the Carbonio system.......

SNC00801.jpg

SNC00804.jpg

SNC00803.jpg

SNC00802.jpg

In respect of my alloy wheels, the modification came about by accident. One sunday afternoon as i was cleaning my car and sprayed some wheel cleaner onto them and "got distracted by the missis" and left it onto too long - and as you can see on the picture it started to strip my wheels!

I decided to have the wheels totally stripped and refurbished, then sprayed gloss black and then each of the "triangle" areas spayed in chrome, or whats known in the trade as "flash chrome". At the shows the wheels get a lot of attention, in the sun light the chrome looks stunning and the best bit is that they are still the original OEM wheels with of course the 235 width tyres!

PICT1476.jpg

PICT1477.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

Headunit - the car was orignally equipped with the double din 6cd headunit - not a bad piece of kit but i really wanted something more modern along with DVD, Sat Nav and Bluetooth. What I didn't want though was a phone or Sat Nav cradle screwed into the dash anywhere so the decision was to up the budget and get a all-in-one multimedia station - the result was this beautiful Pioneer 910BT Avic which has just about everything!!!! Not cheap at £1000 but I love it!!

media8.jpg

30610_122289597793843_100000384110223_184096_4184374_n.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

Replaced the rear number plate lights due to the original screws being knacker*d

PICT0944.jpg

Fitted a Genuine Audi R8 Oil Cap - £20 odd pounds from Audi and some DIY to fit it correctly!

PICT0943.jpg

Germand pressed metal number plates fitted - be wary, these tend not to stick so the bumpers, even with mass loads of "no nails" - you will be able to pull off with your grannies rotten fingers nails!!! I would advise buying some number plate surrounds and fitting them and popping in your plates - I did this and it's great to be able to swap plates so quickly at shows.

DSC_1034.jpg

The dreaded and now common Crankcase Breather Valve fault - removed and replaced with a new unit

DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

Front and Rear Discs and Pads replaced with grooved discs all round and Mintex pads. I purchased the whole lot from a company called Mintbitz of eBay. They were only £195 delivered, great price and good quality. But. After 3 months I am looking to swap them for something meatier like some RS4 or Porsche items. Also, they do give of a lot, and I mean, a lot of Brake dust, the hubs will go rust colour all the time and your wheels will be ditched - personaly, I won't buy them again.

DSC_0110.jpg

Fitted a genuine Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter, purchased from Derby Seat for £23.00. Very easy fit, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

DSC_1120.jpg

DSC_1122.jpg

DSC_1124.jpg

DSC_1132.jpg

Cabin filter removed and replaced with genuine Audi one - easy DIY job

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

Mine and my firned's car along side each other - a funny one as "apparently" there were only ever "20" black with red leather A4 Convertible QUATTRO 1.8T's ever made - and we have two of them! This information came courtesy of Preston Audi may I add!

DSC_0341.jpg

My car at Edition 38 September 2010 - please note one of my show plates on the front - It's a chrome plate with black lettering - it's blinding in the sun!!

DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0745.jpg

A few of shots from GTI International in July 2010 - sorry about the dirty wheels in the daytime shots - the weather was great so i spent the day by the strip on saturday before detailing her!

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1676.jpg

DSC_1510.jpg

DSC_1513.jpg

Fitted an OBD2 VI Monitor to keep an eye on my BHP, guages, Diagnostics and times / performance. An expensive toy but this can be used on other cars as well.....

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Fitted a Neuspeed Thermostat from Awesome - here is the technical blurb: "A 180 degree F thermostat (standard is 195F) is a must to additionally bring down engine temperature. This is the perfect part to with our low temperature fan switch, all designed to prolong engine life and smooth operation on hot days"

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0904.jpg

Ambient / Floor Lighting - I purchased a pair of red door light covers from Audi and swapped them with the clear lense's under the dashboard and hey presto - a nice red floor to go with the red leather - very nice at night-time!

DSC_0851.jpg

Windscreen Visor - I fitted this purely to hide my VI Monitor which has a suck-pad on it and i did not want this visable to outside folk! and theiving scrum.

Also, I use this to advertise some of my tuners at shows.

DSC_0867.jpg

Last edited:
Custom Built sub enclosure ported into the ski-hatch housing 2 eight inch JL Audio W3 Subs.

SNC01114.jpg

SNC01115.jpg

PICT1402.jpg

PICT1401.jpg

Here is some pictures of my amp which is located in the spare wheel bay on a custom made floor.....

DSC_0900-1.jpg

DSC_0901-1.jpg

Nah no probs! I carry spray cans around with me as well as my little green flag card! I did think about this, but we have a few other cars as well, all sports car and they don't come with spare wheels as new, just emergency sprays, so I've gone down that root - plus it helps compensate for the weight gain when I have the subs in the boot.

looking good very nice how does the exaust sound as im thinking of a stainless upgrade for mine but dont want it too loud been there jus does my head in on long runs

Hi mate, thanks for your comment, appreciated.

Personally the exhaust system is my favourite modification so far. The old standard exhaust was virtually non-existant! Noise wise it's perfect, it has a lovely low grumble at idle and the noise only increases as much as you use the throttle. Certainly not a "boy racer - look at me" exhaust - much much more classy. It also does give you more feel from the engine as well. I noticed your coming to Audi Driver International - come and find me and I'll let you have a go with her so you can see what it's like!

Nice project mate, dont see many b6 cabs modded.

Exhaust looked too perfect to fit to the car, id have displayed that on the wall up the stairs!!!!!!!

Some nice touches you've added, keep up the work mate, look forward to more!

You must live not far from me then? [I'm in Beeston] Did you get your Head unit from execspec? I nipped in the other day to ask about Bluetooth kits and the chap in there mentioned that he'd had someone recently go for an all in one wonder box as a solution . . . I'm guessing that was you?!

Small world eh?

The shot with you and your mate's car . . . assume that's LE Tescos?

You must live not far from me then? [I'm in Beeston] Did you get your Head unit from execspec? I nipped in the other day to ask about Bluetooth kits and the chap in there mentioned that he'd had someone recently go for an all in one wonder box as a solution . . . I'm guessing that was you?!

Small world eh?

The shot with you and your mate's car . . . assume that's LE Tescos?

Spot on! Execspec did the headunit, install and tints! The car is there quite often as Ash and Anupe (the owners of the shop) are friends of mine! I always use Tesco's carparks as they have the biggest spaces!!!!

You going to Audi Driver International in October?

Nice project mate, dont see many b6 cabs modded.

Exhaust looked too perfect to fit to the car, id have displayed that on the wall up the stairs!!!!!!!

Some nice touches you've added, keep up the work mate, look forward to more!

Thank you!

I know what you mean about the exhaust, if i could have a bigger garage and a ramp!!! I'd give it a proper clean! that would do the enemies (sorry, the fiancee's) nut in!!!

Thank you for your comments

thanks chris
cant wait for ADI should be a great day ill be on the AS.Net stand first time on a club stand hope my cars up to standards lol

Same here! I have been to quite a few of the shows this year and will be making a regular thing from now onwards - you learn so much at the shows from other owners!