Chris - Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible - Huge, getting HUGER specification!

Can't wait to see this on the new alloys and dropped.

Little Winter update:

Spacers on giving an ET 30 - "highly recommended" - these are with my 17's at the mo until I get around to putting the new wheels and suspension on!

DSC_1607.jpg

DSC_1611-1.jpg

DSC_1612-1.jpg

I have fitted an Audi RS4 Rear Anti Roll Bar (courtesy of PJMSpeedy) - this has made a superb difference to the handling and I would highly recommend!

DSC_1601.jpg

DSC_1604.jpg

I have also changed the fog lamps bulbs to LED jobbies - this now means the fogs match my xenons! rather than having a silly orange/yellow glow, lol

DSC_1614.jpg

DSC_1615.jpg

DSC_1616.jpg

Car went in for it's MOT yesterday and flew through as normal so all good there!

Oh, just forgot, I changed the coolant temperature sensor and I now seem to have both more power and MPG!

Stance looks so much better chris and them fog lights match perfect!

what've you got lined up next?

Like the Fog LEDs - what's the light output like, compared to Halogen? Do you get any DIS errors? Finally, how much and where from?

Sorry for all the questions!

Rob

Great Build there Chris.....

Very few of these Cabs in SA.... so I am a bit starved for ideas on mods etc.... Not to mention how difficult it is to get mod/parts for these Cabs here
Gonna be following your thread closely and please excuse me if I bug you from time to time for some details on your Mods.

Would appreciate some details on the LED fog bulbs.... part number and supplier etc.
Also the rear Stabilizer Bar..... is it a direct swap or are there any adjustments needed.
Love what youv'e done to your exhaust.....def on my shopping list once my present one needs replacing.

Thanx for the help and Keep on Modding...... Great work....

Link to my Ride Thread.... Audi Club (South Africa) - Iyole's Cab

New fog lights look great, nice bit of poke to with them spacers on, will looks better decked and with 19s.

Good stuff dude, amazing how much difference a small thing like a bit of spacing can have.

Stance looks so much better chris and them fog lights match perfect!

what've you got lined up next?

Thanks Lee, loads! the major bits are the suspension wheels and tyres but I have loads of smaller "more detailed" ideas to help give it a better look without being "in your face" as such!

Great Build there Chris.....

Very few of these Cabs in SA.... so I am a bit starved for ideas on mods etc.... Not to mention how difficult it is to get mod/parts for these Cabs here
Gonna be following your thread closely and please excuse me if I bug you from time to time for some details on your Mods.

Would appreciate some details on the LED fog bulbs.... part number and supplier etc.
Also the rear Stabilizer Bar..... is it a direct swap or are there any adjustments needed.
Love what youv'e done to your exhaust.....def on my shopping list once my present one needs replacing.

Thanx for the help and Keep on Modding...... Great work....

Link to my Ride Thread.... Audi Club (South Africa) - Iyole's Cab

Hi mate, hope your well - nice car!

The fog lamps bulbs are off ebay as below:

AUDI A3 A4 A5 A8 Q5 TT H11 FOGLIGHT HID LED BULB on eBay (end time 14-Mar-11 16:48:13 GMT)

The RS4 ARB is a straight swap - it's best to order some rs4 bushes (these are very cheap) as the bar is bigger than the standard item. All are available from your Audi dealer. Mine cost about £80 GBP all in! It took less than an hours labour at my garage too. The difference is brilliant - I'm flying around traffic islands and bends now!!

Thanx Chris

Really apprecaite the prompt Feedback.

Have you tried to cancel the error code with VAGcom on the LED Fog bulbs ??

Regards
Alan

Hands up i'd not thought of that! Ive got a vag com as well! Will have the laptop in the car later today!!

this was a very good read mate, i like the thread alot, and i love the car, the shot of the car at editions my favourite though makes you think in detail on how nice the car is :p

keep it up

this was a very good read mate, i like the thread alot, and i love the car, the shot of the car at editions my favourite though makes you think in detail on how nice the car is :p

keep it up

Thank you for your kind comments - really appreciated

As mentioned above, I changed the coolant temperature sensor as the old one was faulty. Since doing this my power has increased and my MPG is up by about, unbelievably, 8 MPG! So you could say I'm very happy indeed! For such a simple cheap part the difference is amazing and apparently this sensors are extremely delicate and it's very common across the VAG group for these to break!

DSC_1639.jpg

DSC_1638.jpg

I actually took my Quattro badge of my grille some time a go to see if I could spray it 100% black - in a nutshell - NO! The indentation (Quattro) just filled with paint lol. So I have bought a new one including clips to replace it.

DSC_1651.jpg

Just a quick upto date "winter mode" shot taken on my iPhone:

IMG_0356.jpg

Hi mate,

I should be picking my A4 cab (in black) up next week. Thanks for all the ideas. The car looks really good.

Little update - I have bought my new wheels, these are Bentley Continental GTC 19X9J finished in Anthracite. The colour combo will will work brilliantly with my car. Just for the record I thought (as mentioned somewhere in here) that my car was Phantom black - I stand corrected, it Pearl' Nappa Ebony Black (the one with the flakes in).

Bentleyswithcaps.jpg

impressed mate, those wheels on your car = win.

great taste, keep it up!

Perfect choice on the wheels mate, thats the set I want if they ever come up at the right price.

Cant wait to see em fitted.

Reactions: CHRIS555
looking good chris, when are you getting them on? looking forward to seeing the pics!

Soon! Getting everything put on with one big hit! Especially when we have some much better weather too!

Perfect choice on the wheels mate, thats the set I want if they ever come up at the right price.

Cant wait to see em fitted.

Thanks Jack, I too think they will suit the car - it's gonna luck epic when finished!

Just seen these wheels again and I want them, can't afford though :(

Now on the look out for some 19s though, maybe some AMG alloys or something like that for me.

Just seen these wheels again and I want them, can't afford though :(

Now on the look out for some 19s though, maybe some AMG alloys or something like that for me.

If you havn't already, look on Edition 38 for wheels, loads of "great" deals mate!

i love reading this thread. everytime it gives me new ideas!

A couple of shots of the new wheels in different light (inside the house and conservatory). These are now thick in wax waiting to go on!

DSC_1994.jpg

DSC_1993.jpg

And a few pictures of some other cabs I saw at Ultimate Dubs 2011

DSC_1817.jpg

DSC_1814.jpg

DSC_1783.jpg

DSC_1780.jpg

DSC_1741.jpg

DSC_1740.jpg

DSC_1739.jpg

DSC_1738.jpg

DSC_1737.jpg

DSC_1723.jpg

DSC_1722.jpg

DSC_1721.jpg

DSC_1711.jpg

DSC_1709.jpg

DSC_1708.jpg

DSC_1707.jpg

DSC_1705.jpg

I should (fingers crossed) be picking mine up next week. The wait is driving me crazy.

My car is for sale!!!

PM me if your interested. I'm looking for an S3 or S4 (the older models) - something I can tune.

My convertible is fully serviced, cambelt and waterpump just done by Audi, full MOT, taxed till the end of Feb 2012

Cared for regardless of cost - loads done and loads of spare parts too. Two folders full of receipts and documentation. All keys and booklets. Original bill of sale!

The price is £10,000 but this can be reduced if I put the original 6cd stereo back in and remove the multimedia station I have currently fitted.

Maaate stick with the A4, or at least put the wheels on it before you sell it so I can see em lol.