Chris - Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible - Huge, getting HUGER specification!

Taken on my iPhone today in the fog - this shows the new look front end without the stripe and rings changed back to Silver. Please note the fgs are covered in smoked lamin-x.

006.jpg

Taken on my iPhone today in the fog - this shows the new look front end without the stripe and rings changed back to Silver. Please note the fgs are covered in smoked lamin-x.

006.jpg

Looks really good Chris. Very smart with the black grille surrounds. Did you get photos with the lamin-x on the headlights?
whats your next plans?:happy:

Last edited:
Looks really good Chris. Very smart with the black grille surrounds. Did you get photos with the lamin-x on the headlights?
whats your next plans?:happy:

Hey Ashley, hope your well mate, thanks for the comments. I didn't actually take any pics unfortunately - although I may put some on again gor GTi International - it all went ok fine, looked good (although curing in a little) but because i've got the silver roll bar i just felt it needed a little bit more chrome/silver detailing to be honest.

Next?! Don't get me started! bigger, lower, wider and beathing better! Oh and a GT30 400+BHP £10K Conversion!

Last edited:
Hey Ashley, hope your well mate, thanks for the comments. I didn't actually take any pics unfortunately - although I may put some on again gor GTi International - it all went ok fine, looked good (although curing in a little) but because i've got the silver roll bar i just felt it needed a little bit more chrome/silver detailing to be honest.

Next?! Don't get me started! bigger, lower, wider and beathing better! Oh and a GT30 400+BHP £10K Conversion!

I'm good thanks mate yourself? No problem...Ahh thats fair enough i do think the chrome badge does look better. Well if you do put some on i can always see it at GTI International. I think the chrome badge would probably look better on mine but with all the black and darkness i've just decided to leave it lol. Sounds very interesting who gonna be carrying out this conversion? Bet you cant wait! :)

Hey Chris,

I've only just found this thread, but wow! What a car, all the mod's are tasteful and not OTT. The red interior is really nice, never even knew that was available! Big fan of the Miltek systems, hope to have one of my own some day.

Thanks for sharing the pics and info :)

I'm good thanks mate yourself? No problem...Ahh thats fair enough i do think the chrome badge does look better. Well if you do put some on i can always see it at GTI International. I think the chrome badge would probably look better on mine but with all the black and darkness i've just decided to leave it lol. Sounds very interesting who gonna be carrying out this conversion? Bet you cant wait! :)

Hey! I think the car will be with BDM, and in brief, here is the list!!

GT2871 400bhp Big Turbo

High Flow Manifold

3" Downpipe with Sports Cat

3" Intake Pipe

Upgraded Turbo, Oil and Water lines

Forge Singlepass Front Mount Intercooler

Upgraded Injectors and inline pump

Revo Stage 3 Software

Full Internal Upgrade including:

Skimmed Head

Valves removed, inspected and lapped in

Upgrade valve stem seals and valve guides

Upgraded head gaskets and bolts

Low Compression Pistons

Forged 144x20mm connecting rods

Upgraded bearings, piston rings, pins and clips

Upgraded Clutch

Big brake conversion (possibly RS4 B7 all round)

Basically it will be one of the fastest B6 1.8T Convertibles in the world! Hopefully!!

Hey Chris,

I've only just found this thread, but wow! What a car, all the mod's are tasteful and not OTT. The red interior is really nice, never even knew that was available! Big fan of the Miltek systems, hope to have one of my own some day.

Thanks for sharing the pics and info :)

Thank you for your kind coments Mary - if you need any help or pointers give me a shout!

Best wishes

Chris

Got a little board last night......

A few of you already know that I like my showplates, so earlier this year I had some chrome ones made and one of them was wrong, therefore useless, but last night I thought I'd spray it to see how it looked totally black (as I'd seen some on a Austrian TT at Edition 38).

Here is the result:

DSC_1388.jpg

I think it came out pretty well! It's still drying a little in this picture, but I'm going to buy some more pressed plates (with my correct reg on!!) and give myself yet another set of showplates!

Hey! I think the car will be with BDM, and in brief, here is the list!!

GT2871 400bhp Big Turbo

High Flow Manifold

3" Downpipe with Sports Cat

3" Intake Pipe

Upgraded Turbo, Oil and Water lines

Forge Singlepass Front Mount Intercooler

Upgraded Injectors and inline pump

Revo Stage 3 Software

Full Internal Upgrade including:

Skimmed Head

Valves removed, inspected and lapped in

Upgrade valve stem seals and valve guides

Upgraded head gaskets and bolts

Low Compression Pistons

Forged 144x20mm connecting rods

Upgraded bearings, piston rings, pins and clips

Upgraded Clutch

Big brake conversion (possibly RS4 B7 all round)

Basically it will be one of the fastest B6 1.8T Convertibles in the world! Hopefully!!

Sounds lovely mate! I bet you cant wait. When you looking to get this done? It will be an animal!!
Think of the speed and noise with the roof down! Cant wait to see this
I've set myself target to have my car complete by my 21st in May. Would much prefer March 2011 lol but depends on funds! Misses wants to go newyork for her birthday:banghead:

Got a little board last night......

A few of you already know that I like my showplates, so earlier this year I had some chrome ones made and one of them was wrong, therefore useless, but last night I thought I'd spray it to see how it looked totally black (as I'd seen some on a Austrian TT at Edition 38).

Here is the result:

DSC_1388.jpg

I think it came out pretty well! It's still drying a little in this picture, but I'm going to buy some more pressed plates (with my correct reg on!!) and give myself yet another set of showplates!

Looks good Chris, where did you get your show plates if you dont mind me asking? Should get a quick photo of the plate on the car front end should look soo mean. Thought about shorting the plate?
Wouldnt mind some for my car. I cant wait for the new year and all the shows. Just need to start on my interior but i can buying exterior stuff lol!

I tend to buy my plates from either the shows or from eBay - shows are better though as you can see what your getting - Edition 38 had loads for example and well priced too!

Here is a couple of pictures with them on - to be honest my car is totally ditched in these shots so it didn't photograph very well and I will be changing the surrounds for when I use these plates to total black ones as well........

171d8f60.jpg

DSC_1393.jpg

Really nice car mate and a great build thread, looking forward to seeing it progress.

Interesting read bud and very clean cab you have there. Can't wait to see the turbo upgrade come together, I noticed you haven't mentioned any motor internal upgrades in your spec, Is 400HP on a stock motor a good idea and do you think the 2871R will get you there?

Looking good though keep the updates coming :icon_thumright:

Het mate, hope your well, yep defo having the internals upgraded/strenghened - i originally looked at 325 and 350 bhp packages which needed a little less but i wanted 400 at least and im possibly looking for NOS for the quarter mile runs - its certainly not going to be winning any competitions but it will turn heads and suprise those who dont know what its running and i can drop the roof of course when doing tbe runs!!

Love this car, looks real stealthy with the plates on, if only they were legal eh lol.

You keeping them rims on it? I really like them but some 18s or 19s would look pure sex on it.

Het mate, hope your well, yep defo having the internals upgraded/strenghened - i originally looked at 325 and 350 bhp packages which needed a little less but i wanted 400 at least and im possibly looking for NOS for the quarter mile runs - its certainly not going to be winning any competitions but it will turn heads and suprise those who dont know what its running and i can drop the roof of course when doing tbe runs!!

I'm good thanks fella, are you. Glad to hear the internals will be getting done, that 2871 would bend a rod for sure especially if it gets you to 400 horse which if im honest would surprise me, it will without doubt make one fast quattro regardless of numbers and I understand the unexpected thing, NOS aswell, happy days I can't wait to see it come together and it surely will turn heads mate, im sure it already does that. Keep it coming

Love this car, looks real stealthy with the plates on, if only they were legal eh lol.

You keeping them rims on it? I really like them but some 18s or 19s would look pure sex on it.

Funnily enough! These wheels will become my winter wheels and by March the car will be fitted with coilovers, wheels spacers and some very sweet 19"s! Not saying what though just yet! (Probably because I'll keep changing my mind every other day lol!)

liking the sound of the plans, what colour you going for on the 19s?

Hows yours doing 2deep, and have you any vids of it posted anywhere yet?

Sorry to invade upon your thread Chris, The beast is getting better all the time Ollie, still havent got my lazy *** into gear and got some video or even a camera yet! Waiting for the snow!

Sorry to invade upon your thread Chris, The beast is getting better all the time Ollie, still havent got my lazy *** into gear and got some video or even a camera yet! Waiting for the snow!

No problem mate!

Here's a few pictures of some of my previous cars - a little of topic but nothing much to report over the snowy weather unfortunately!

AudiA4Convertable.jpg

Audi A4 1.8T Sport Convertible - I had this from new

AudiA4014.jpg

AudiA4009.jpg

1997 Audi A4 1.8 - Just a play thing really - lowered to within a mm of it's life - unfortunately the suspension killed it! Not bad for 220,000 miles though!

PICT0598.jpg

PICT0594.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0369.jpg

Audi A4 2.8 V6 Quattro in Merlin Purple

Finally decided on what wheels I'm going for.......

Just need to find someone who sells them - anywhere in the world would do!!!

Lovely car mate, look forward to a wheel-based update :thumbsup:

Looking good Chris, but one big thing.. those wheels.... get ridd of them real quick! to be honest they suck bigtime and bring the whole car down,
slam this baby on some coilovers with some nice 19s and its a dream!

Keep it up Chris and let us in on the newest mods

Looking good Chris, but one big thing.. those wheels.... get ridd of them real quick! to be honest they suck bigtime and bring the whole car down,

Agreed! Roll out the BBS!

All in hand! The 17's will become the winter wheels and some 19's are on the way right now along with the coilovers, spacers, RS4 ARB and uprated bushes - PS. yours looks mint on the 20's!!

Not much to update at the moment as everything is being stored in my lock-up ready to be installed. Although at christmas I got a Megs DA G220 which is a brilliant piece of kit. Also, this week I have completely rewired my ICE as when I had it all fitted (proffesionally may I add) the power cable was not really the gauge I wanted and I was having issues with the fuses going and the power cable melting!!! So I went on my gut instinct and ripped my seats and interios along with half the dash and completely rewired everything with much thicker better cable (4 awg), re-grounded it and replaced all the terminals for high quality ones - result? PERFECTION! The JL Audio nows hits the notes brilliantly!

I'm new to Audi tbh and there's lots of things that could be done !

Ambient lightning, puddle lights, auto dimming rear view mirror , RNS e , cruise and DIS wiper stalk. The last 2 will be done in a near future then need to lower the car and get some new wheels. The rest will get done outside of the show season i think, guess you're the man if i get stuck with anything :)

Ordered the spacers today - fingers crossed I got the right measurements for the stance I want!