Chris - Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible - Huge, getting HUGER specification!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice, good work, not into cabs to much, but loving them more now.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice, good work, not into cabs to much, but loving them more now.

Good lad! I decided to buy / modify a convertible purely because a lot of people havn't, and so far so good!

Great idea with the port on the sub leading to the ski-hatch.

Spot on! Execspec did the headunit, install and tints! The car is there quite often as Ash and Anupe (the owners of the shop) are friends of mine! I always use Tesco's carparks as they have the biggest spaces!!!!

You going to Audi Driver International in October?

Thought as much :)

Must have been Anupe I spoke to then 'cos Ash wasn't back . . . apparently it's him I need to talk to about Bluetooth kits . . .

Not planning on going to ADI - Work is keeping me plenty busy at the minute! :(

Ambient / Floor Lighting - I purchased a pair of red door light covers from Audi and swapped them with the clear lense's under the dashboard and hey presto - a nice red floor to go with the red leather - very nice at night-time!

DSC_0851.jpg

loving the red, i have a red s3, would love it if i could get the cabin to match

I'm having some 5.8inch Alpine screens fitted in my headrests shortly, they have just arrived, here they are:

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_0921.jpg

DSC_0925.jpg

These are a couple of shots taken last night showing the alloys close up - at nighttime with light, the flash chrome really shows up nice:

CSC_0932.jpg

CSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0928.jpg

DSC_0926.jpg

Well, just nipped out to buy some more Megs and came back with a 30th Anniversay Snooper 3Zero Limited Edition.......!

The convertible has gone in for a Cambelt and Waterpump change today at Audi - here is my lovely courtesy car - it's soooooo sllooooowwwwww!!!!

DSC_0940.jpg

Hi this is my Audi Convertible which I have been modifying and cherishing for the past year. I wil give you a brief breakdown and add pictures below along with updates and pictures as I go along! The car will be available to see at all major shows throughout 2011.

Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Convertible
Six Speed Manual
Phantom Black
Red Nappa Leather Interior
Fridge
Heated Seats
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
Sport Pack including suspension, 3 spoke steering wheel, sports seats and arm-rest
Folding mirrors
4x Electric windows
Xenon Headlamps
Wind Deflector
BOSE Sound System

Modifications thus far:

Remap at Miltek Sport
Bespoke Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust System
Carbonio Carbon Fibre Induction System
Window Tints
Forge Diverter Valve
Neuspped Thermostat (82degrees)
Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter
OEM Alloys Flash Chromed x 5
Goodyear F1 Eagle Tyres (latest version)
Pioneer AVIC 910 BT Headunit inc. DVD, CD, SATNAV, Bluetooth, SD, USB (as good as everything!)
JL Audio 8inch subs in custom enclosure built into the ski-hatch
JL Audio amp located in spare wheel bay
Ambient lighting replaced with red bulbs/lighting

To do list:

Alpine screens being fitted into original headrests in the next month
Custom Intercooler
Milltek Sports-Cat
Larger Turbo (GT28/30)
Upgraded Manifold, downpipe and fuelling for larger Turbo)
Lighter (unique) alloys

Hi mate, I am after getting some screens fitted in my car asap. What size are you getting and are you doing it yourself?

If you have a look through this thread I've popped some photos of the screens in - I've bought some Alpine 5.8inch jobbies - the original headrests are not the best for these as the metal bars inside mean there is only a very small amount of space the screen and backing panal may "bulge" out too much and not look perfect - so, I'm having a pair of headrests specially made and colour matched to the red leather which will look the same as Audi headrests but give me a little more room and better fit - i should have the details and cost very shortly and will let you know what they are (my audio store is getting them now).

I've just blacked out my grilles - photos below!

Hope your well mate

Best wishes

Chris

PS. Not the best photo above as the car is ditched at the moment because of the rain and wind!!

Thanks Jack - I'm just gutted that we have this rubbish weather at the moment as I want to get her cleaned up and get some proper photographs!

Hey Chris, looks good and looks clean from here! Know what you mean though, just cant get between showers to do a good clean! I also want to do a good photoshoot before winter sets in.

Hey Chris, looks good and looks clean from here! Know what you mean though, just cant get between showers to do a good clean! I also want to do a good photoshoot before winter sets in.

Tell me about it! I want to strip her down and paint the calipers black, clean the arches and so on, but I only seem to be able to do a little bit here and there lol!!!

Yeh I want to do the arches too but cant seem to get long enough! sooo annoying. The roads seem really dirty at the mo, we had terrential rain yesterday so the roads are all muddy now too! hey ho! Sure we will get odd good days! lol

Just ordered a MBC (Manual Boost Controller) from GTS Chris on eBay and ordered a N75 J Valve to see what I can do with it......

Just stripped out the numberplate moulding and replaced with a new one, new light covers, new wiring loom and LED bulbs........

DSC_0957.jpg

DSC_0958.jpg

Started a job today that is very worth while doing but can take a while to do!!! But highly recomended!!!!

Cleaning my wheels and wheel arches, lol!

Here is one of my wheels (passenger front) before washing - you can clearly see the dust and muck build up on the inside

DSC_0968.jpg

Here it is after a good wheel cleaner and soap / spraying......

DSC_0974.jpg

The actual arches were disgusting - again, this is the front passenger one, lots of brake dust, grime and muck.....

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

Iused a mixture of things to clean it all up - to be perfectly honest I am no expert, I just use the products and what I think I can use!! Here I powersprayed, sprayed brake dust cleaner everywhere, scrubed in with brushes, sprayed again, rinsed, soaped and then repeated all again. Afterwards I used a sanding pad gently and then sprayed out everything again. This is far from finished but after 20-30 minutes work the results are pretty obvious and quite pleasing for a novice like me!!

DSC_0972.jpg

DSC_0973.jpg

I just can't wait to get my coilovers in there!!!!!!

Audi Driver International - 9th October 2010 - Castle Combe Race Track

DSC_1179.jpg

DSC_0998.jpg

Hmmm, can't be sure whether I like the grille with black rings or silver rings??? so I've bought a new silver one so I can swap and change whenever!

The black rings deffo, looks much meaner.

The black rings deffo, looks much meaner.

Thanks Jack. I've bought another Grille set so I can swap and change to my hearts content - it's going to be mad going to the shows next year as I think I'm going to have a boot full of spare parts where-ever I go! I'm almost as bad as my missis in Topshop - mind you, standing around in Top Shop checking out all the, "ahem" clothes isn't too bad!

lol, what while you are wearing your shades eh lol!

Good job on the wheel arch and alloys, on my to do list. Amongst all the other things......

lol, what while you are wearing your shades eh lol!

Good job on the wheel arch and alloys, on my to do list. Amongst all the other things......

Always have a set of Prada's on me somewhere!

No way, I had one of these on my Nissan. I thought they were "old skool" these days, never knew people stuck them on Audis. Make much difference?

Hey there, to be honest I've not got round to fitting it yet - it's in my garage with all my "work to be done this winter!!"

Playing around with the camera last night - I really need to learn how to use it properly because I know there are some mega shots in there somewhere!!

DSC_1261.jpg

Here are a couple of up-to date cockpit photographs - note the Snooper fitted on the main dash.

DSC_1264.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg

A little update - nothing major (that will become apparent very soon??!!)

I have purchased some Lamin-x (smoked) for the headlamps and fogs - I'm not too sure whether or not to do the headlamps yet but I have done the fogs and I am happy with the results:

Before:

DSC_1276.jpg

After:

DSC_1278.jpg

Fitted with all lights OFF:

DSC_1280.jpg

With Xenons ON:

DSC_1281.jpg

With side lights and fog lamps ON:

DSC_1282.jpg

With xenons and fog lamps ON:

DSC_1283.jpg

I purchased the film pre-cut from America - contact me for the details if you want them, all fours pieces cost me £25 plus delivery.

i doubt the mbc will do much mate. tend to go into spacko mode. if the boost limit is exceeded the ecu will cut it and limp mode it is. they dont like n75 being unplugged. you'd have to get it mapped with it fitted to allow for changes in boost.

Looks much nicer, maybe some xenon's to go in the foglights?

Autumn / Winter Update - Not much gone on recently to be honest, I did fit some Lamin-x to the headlamps, looked great and easy to apply, but I use the car for business from time to time and it didn't really look very professional so I have removed it but kept the fog lamps covered up. I have also removed the black rings on the front grille and put on an origianal set of silver ones, keeping the rest of the upper and lower grilles satin black - this looks much smarter. I have also removed the sunstrip and VI Monitor to help tidy her up a little. Will put updated pictures on shortly.