Portraits and Photography Websites

Scott134

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've talked on here before about Photium, the website provider I use for my main event photography website. I have recently decided to venture into portrait photography and wanted a completely separate website and after much trawling through Google, I found a site called www.wix.com. I know there has been talk on here before about photography website providers and I wanted to let all know about Wix. I am still using the free site and I love it. They are "flash" sites and do not have the same capacity as some (so not as good for my event photography) but for what I needed this site for it is perfect. Anyway, it's worth a look if you have your own website.

My new page as currently at http://www.wix.com/ZoomWorks/ZoomWorks-Portrait and I will be purchasing a new domain as soon as I have decided what to call it!

All I need now is to find some willing volunteers to help build my portfolio!

Let me know what you think of the new site! ;)

Last edited:
Aside from the obvious ' you need more pics' comment, the site looks good. I would try to see if you can get the music looping more smoothly. It skips when it gets to the end and I found it a bit distracting.

Thanks. I'm not a big fan of the standard selection of music you get but you can upload your own so I will work on that this week to see if I can find something better!

looks good scott

'willing volunteers' ha ha good luck on that

'willing volunteers' ha ha good luck on that

It's not easy to get people to give up a couple of hours to pose for photos that you want to use on the web! I'm working on friends and family though to spread the word (or pose themselves!)

Thanks.

Not an easy business to get off the ground from all I've heard... I'd gladly volunteer, if you pay my flight to the UK... lol

Thanks for the offer Gryphon ... might try and find some local volunteers first though! At the moment photography is only a part-time business for me so it doesn't matter if it takes a while to get going, I just enjoy it!

Scott

Thanks for the link. I've started building my own site and I'm finding the process relatively painless using a pre-existing template. I purchased a domain name from GoDaddy.com a few months ago but I've been holding off for something like this to show my photos.

Great, glad it helped! Send me a link to your site when you've finished it, as I'd be interested to see it.

How did you find GoDaddy for the domain name? Looking online there are so many places to purchase domain names it gets a bit much!

Great, glad it helped! Send me a link to your site when you've finished it, as I'd be interested to see it.

How did you find GoDaddy for the domain name? Looking online there are so many places to purchase domain names it gets a bit much!

Unforuntaely I'm just a keen hobbyist at the minute, photographing family members and the odd abstract image and like you I'm always trying to expand my Portfolio. I've never really had the patience or drive for any Landscape work so my subjects are limited. I'm pleased with the site though (although I'm struggling to get my own music to play!) however I've now decided to upload all my images again following a batch process and a 600 pix resize in PS.

I found GoDaddy pretty good to be honest, they provided the cheapest service and the process was really easy. I ended up going for a .co.uk domain but could've had a .com one for only a few 'pennies' more.

Thanks, I will give GoDaddy a look. I got the "zoomworksphotography.com" name as part of the package with Photium for my main websitem although I am liking the look of the Wix templates much more.

I've also never been a big landscape photographer ... except when I'm on holiday and have the time and motivation to capture a place to remember the holiday by.

Good luck with it.

I use Wix! but premium account! It's good, tends to crash when you fill photography site with photos but brilliant for creating nice flash/interactive sites :D

We have the same layout site :p Mine needs sorting out!!

Hi Nadine. Great minds think alike!! I like your site, there's some great shots on there.

Are you a photographer full-time? I just wondered if you had any useful tips for someone just starting out or on how to expand your portfolio?

Thanks,
Scott