Testing out Elements 7 and Photomatix...

Gryphon001

Reaction score
Been toying around with Photoshop Elements 7 and the new (to me) Photomatix software... here are some early results of HDR/exposure fusion and just general fooling around...

A3enginexsml.jpg

HDR2SHBsml.jpg

smlFusedA3s_tonemapped.jpg

TheMeet-4sml.jpg

Definitely need to work on these some more (and need better shots to work with), but not too bad for a trial run... :)

are you using bracketing for the HDR with photomatix? will help for more intense shadows and highlights if that's what you're after :)

I haven't been actually. I've just been shooting images only changing the shutter speed manually. I would usually get between 4-6 images per shot and see what I could get out of them. I am still completely new to this particular skill... not that I am all that much experienced at anything else involving photography.

what camera do you have? dslr?if you're a canon user i'd be more than happy to guide you a little in a couple of things.

NIKON user actually... at the moment I have the D60 but I am starting to look into upgrading to the D90. That camera has been around for a while though so I am beginning to wonder if Nikon will be coming out with an update for it like they did for the D60 with D3000 and D5000.

Latest attempt at HDR images using Photomatix...

A3HDR9xsml.jpg

A3HDR8sml.jpg

A3HDR6sml.jpg

A3HDR5sml.jpg

A3HDR4sml.jpg

A3HDR2sml.jpg

A3HDR7sml.jpg

Excellent job mate! My favourite has to be the third shot down on the new shots (the head-on shot), really gritty and I love the wide, narrow crop. Inspired me to go and try Photomatix now!!

Love the shots.. Great location too.. :)

You've done some good work there! Looking forward to seeing your new found talent progress.

Love the last shots but couldnt you "clone" the reg plate out, it would be a much more cleaner look.