Snowdonia Panoramics ~ 56k

buckas

Reaction score
Website
www.drewbuckleyphotography.com
Hey all, some shots from our 4 day weekend at the end of Feb. Did loads of walking, about 8 miles a day - Plenty of snow knocking about as well :)

Day 1

Walk up to Cwm Idwal, mega cold and windy! dry though :)

Tryfan
tryfanpanoramic.jpg

Llyn Idwal
llynidwal.jpg

Llyn Idwal Panoramic
llynidwalpanoramic.jpg

then walked up higher to ridge on the right of the lake, could hardly stand up due to the wind - shame the photo doesn't portray the snot running across your face, eyes watering and non feeling of fingers, even in gloves LOL

Cwm Idwal Panoramic
cwmidwalpanoramic.jpg

Dropped back down to the lake and went around up the path towards Devil's Kitchen, path made up of boulders was lost under slush and ice and we lost the path someway up causing us to scramble across the face of the hill, pretty scary but a big achievement once at the top!

Cwm Idwal and Pen yr Ole Wen Panoramic
cwmidwalandpenyrolewenp.jpg

Day 2

Headed off to do the Miner's Track, it's one of six paths which go all the way to the summit of Snowdon. We knew we wouldn't make it to the top as weather was low and conditions under foot wouldn't be good enough.

Llyn Lockwood and Carnedd Moel Siabod
llynlockwoodandcarneddm.jpg

Llyn Teryn and Carnedd Moel Siabod
Llyn_Teryn_and_Carnedd_Moel_Siabod.jpg

Llyn Teryn and Carnedd Moel Siabod Panoramic
llynterynandcarneddmoel.jpg

further up the track met another lake

Llyn Llydaw Panoramic
llynllydawpanoramic.jpg

circled the lake and carried on going up but weather closed in, heavy snow settling over the path about 1 inch in 3 mins ~ decided it was best to head back :)

Craig Penlan to Carnedd Moel
craigpenlantocarneddmoe.jpg

Day 3

Another route up Snowdon this time the Watkin Path, pretty tough going on the knees, very pretty with waterfalls and rivers though :)

Watkin Path I
watkinpathsquarei.jpg

Afon Cwm Llan
afoncwmllan.jpg

Afon Cwm Llan Panoramic
afoncwmllanpanoramic.jpg

Watkin Path Panoramic
watkinpathpanoramic.jpg

Watkin Path II
watkinpathsquareii.jpg

headed back down again due to weather, rain this time! lol

Thanks for looking and shall be back up that way in the summer to conquer the mountain! :)

drew

Last edited:
Dude, you've excelled again! Absolutely stunning work!

:thumbsup:

Helen and I went up there for a short weekend but the weather was much less impressive so no photos were had, but I'm bursting to get up there with the new kit!

If you ever fancy having a mooch somewhere to take some shots, ping me a msg...

Once again, stunning shots fella!

Rob.

PS>
buckas said:
shame the photo doesn't portray the snot running across your face, eyes watering and non feeling of fingers, even in gloves LOL
Amen to that! Do you find that you notice it the most the second you decide that's enough in one spot and put the camera back in the bag? I bleedin' hate it!

Fantastic pictures as always Drew!

Do you use a filter on these pictures? The contrast against the sky looks really good, i'm keen to learn a few of these tricks (if indeed there is one!)

Thanks very much :) - yeh sorry, forgot to mention all these were shot with 7D + 17-40 f/4L in portrait orientation, and also 2 and 3 stop soft graduated neutral density filters stacked - then about 6/7 shots stitched together in CS3 Photomerge :)

drew

:icon_thumright:

Brilliant work.

I need to get some ND filters.... (and some talent!)

OMG Drew, those pics are amazing, id go as far to say award winning!!!

I wish I could take pics like that :(

As awesome as always! I always look forward to your posts :thumbsup:

Real "Lord Of The Rings" country.

:icon_thumright:

Brilliant work.

I need to get some ND filters.... (and some talent!)

Thanks :) definitely get some, the feeling of being able to keep the sky in check and expose for the foreground is great

check out www.formatt.co.uk for filters :)

http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/prod.asp?i=6831&1=Lee+Foundation+Kit

http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/prod.asp?i=12306&1=Lee+Wide-angle+Adaptor :thumb:

Great photos!

Thankyou :)

OMG Drew, those pics are amazing, id go as far to say award winning!!!

I wish I could take pics like that :(

Thanks Nilz :D

As awesome as always! I always look forward to your posts :thumbsup:

Real "Lord Of The Rings" country.

Cheers James, more like Lord of the Sheep lol :)

drew

What can i say that hasnt been said already, great pics Drew, as allways. I allways look forward to seeing your pics :icon_thumright:

Great photos you have got there!

warrencox

if you can spare the extra cash go for the Lee filters, They are so much better than anything else that i have tried.

Ste