Camera Settings!

Cruiser89

Advanced In Car Tech
Reaction score
Ok then guys!!

im quite into my photography and currently work with a Nikon D80...

just out of interest.. What settings do you think work the best when you are taking photos of your motors?

Totally depends on the weather/lighting conditions at the time. Use a tripod if you have one, use the lowest ISO you can and I generally keep my camera in Aperture priority mode. Other than that, I'd suggest just playing with different settings and getting creative!

Good choice of camera by the way. How do you find the D80? I've always had Nikons: a D40, a D200, now a D300s and I loved all of them!

Would like to see some of your shots.

I also like to use aperture priority mode 90% of the time, unless I'm taking a night shot, then its shutter priority

As said below, tehres so many factors that come into play when using manual.Trial and error my good man.

have a look at my site (in signature) and there's also some useful links/tutorials on there.

awsome site m8 n the exposure guide is rly useful gonna get some pics soon n will post them up 4 ya to advise me on if ya dnt mind :)

just tried to look at the tutorials section and get this...

This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

But looks a very good site... Will look into it!!

Nikon D80 - Very powerful piece of kit.... love it!!

just tried to look at the tutorials section and get this...

This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

But looks a very good site... Will look into it!!

Nikon D80 - Very powerful piece of kit.... love it!!

Poo. I'll have a look now.

Chris, your site is really taking shape now. Teh tutorial is great and I love the London night shots in your gallery. Great angle of the London Eye!
(Sorry to hijack the thread!)

Digital images have only so much dynamic range,In some shots, some part of the picture may have 'blown highlights',If the main subject has blown highlights, one method is to decrease exposure until you no longer have blown highlights in your image,you press the exposure compensation button and decrease your exposure until you are satisfied that you have no blown highlight.