Chris NottVolks Autos
    Smell my finger.

Status

Smile Royal Internationa Air Tattoo (pic heavy).

Well I popped up there yesterday with some mates for a day out. It rained pretty much non stop so it was hard to get shots due to lack of decent light but I got a few (although not as sharp as I want). The sun did come out a couple of times but not for long!

Anyway, some pictures for you to see...

Some mad Italians...

No idea what this thing was (it was French) but my god it was rapid and VERY loud, awesome..

grainy pic due to poo light and being shot at 300mm

Some of the static display aircraft...

Some mad wing walking women...

Loads of helicopters there...

Couple of Hawks I think..

Sea Harriers were there and put on a great show, my mate flys one of these off the deck of a war ship...truly awesome machines..

The 40 aircraft fly-by approaching...

A B-52 rocked up for a few passes next....HUUUUGE..

2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    More.......

Apache....

Red Arrows..

This was loud....

Finally, at the end of the day I heard this bad boy fire up. For those that dont know its the only flying Vulcan Bomber....

B-52 flying over its cold war buddy, something you wont see often, if ever....

On the move...

Coming back in to land...

And there you have it!. A long day shooting in horrid conditions, shame the sun wasnt out but cant win them all. Just miffed the light was so low and my pics suffered because of it!!.

Oh well!.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2nd Gear

Status
    Nice pics, impressive machinery - looks like a good day out.

There's an airshow up here in Leuchars in Fife, may well go after seeing these.
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

Smell my finger.

Status
    There was some serious metal there alright, I was there mainly for the Vulcan though , it appeals to my 'inner geek'. I'd suggest going to any airshow if you like things that are fast and loud. I'd not been to one before but a mate got me a ticket so couldnt turn it down.

Good day out, shame the weather was so crap!. Would have been awesome had it been sunny

I'd been awake for rather too long when taking these pics too, I'd been working nights the night before and went straight from work...EEEEK. I'd been up 29 hours when I got to bed last night....broken!.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Lovin' the Vulcan and the Apache

Respect for going straight from nights
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Respect for going straight from nights
    I'd done a drop back so should have been off at 2am but the world went bloody mad so got stuck on....always the same when you have to finish on time!.

Reassuringly Expensive

Status
    Good photos Tom; you must have some type Paparzzi camera.

I was there on Saturday and the weather was pretty sunny all day... I got burnt just to rub it in.

Vulcan was good to see. No flying B1B, F22 or MiGs this year though, which was a bit of a shame. Guess there are some wars on at the moment.

F18 was damn good in my opinion as was Typhoon.

Lock "Stock".

8P1 K&N Air Filter, Dechromed grill, re-map.

va va voom

Status
    excellent pics mate,

what camera did you use ?
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Smell my finger.

Status
    All of these were shot using a Canon EOS400D and a Tamrom 70-300 telephoto lens.

All shot at fairly low speeds to get a bit of prop/rotorblade blur

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CRC101 View Post
    Good photos Tom; you must have some type Paparzzi camera.

I was there on Saturday and the weather was pretty sunny all day... I got burnt just to rub it in.

Vulcan was good to see. No flying B1B, F22 or MiGs this year though, which was a bit of a shame. Guess there are some wars on at the moment.

F18 was damn good in my opinion as was Typhoon.

It was all good to be honest, sadly though the weather had closed in too much by the afternoon so the Spitfire didnt make it over

My BM is fixed!

Status
    I love fast jets, but for me its always about the Spitfire and Hurricane. Always.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

My BM is fixed!

Status
    BTW use this to remove grain

http://www.neatimage.com/
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Nice pics as always Tom, some serious machinery there.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro View Post
    BTW use this to remove grain

http://www.neatimage.com/

I need to spend some time processing these properly, these are just lobbed onto Picasa so my dad stops hassling me to see the pics

I dont have a spare week at the moment though Far too many to get through!.

T

Brown passenger seat.

Status
    Nice shots Tom, Looked like a fun day out.

Red arrows are doing a show down in my Town for the carnival on Saturday so ill get some pictures as its amazing to watch!

The One And Only Brown Bora

Current: 2007 S3, Solar Orange - Revo Stage1 + all the toys
    Sold: 2000 S3, Black
    Sold: 2003 BAM Nogaro Blue S3, Revo Stage2, 19" Rial Daytona's, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 2001 A3 1.8T
    Sold: 2002 A3 1.8T, Custurd Code, BBS CH, AP Coilovers
    Sold: 1999 A3 1.6, Jewish Racing Gold, S4 Wheels

Xbox live ID: o_HODGE_o
    PS3 live ID: Hodge_09

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    Some great machines there Tom, I really like the apache's, real efficient machines.

Did you see a eurofighter? We went to waddington air show a few year ago and there was one there doing what i think is called vectoring??
    Basically flying real slow about 100ft with the nose in the air and afterburners on, it sounded awesome.

1st Gear

Status
    Awesome pics, I was down there on saturday, i have over 1000 photos quickly wipped this one off my camera, its the french aircraft, I snapped this slit seccond shot....... I dont think this was ment to happen......... needs blowing up properly..........

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble111 View Post
    Some great machines there Tom, I really like the apache's, real efficient machines.

Did you see a eurofighter? We went to waddington air show a few year ago and there was one there doing what i think is called vectoring??
    Basically flying real slow about 100ft with the nose in the air and afterburners on, it sounded awesome.

Yep, we saw the euro fighter.

A lot of the jets were doing the really slow 'nose up' passes....just awesome.

That french jet, I think its called a 'Raffel' or something was just awesome, spitting fire out all over the place

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    looks great i went to doncaster airshow when i was about 10 i need to go to one again i loved it ....

i really want to go to another .....great pics tom

4th Gear

Status
    Wish I could of gone.....I rememberseeing the Vulcan taking off at the Farborough Air show when I was about 12.....incredible.....I am definately booking the RIAT show next year....
    Monza Silver A4 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro (170) - Heated Alcantara Leather, Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Folding Door Miirrors, Electric Tailgate, Privacy Glass, etc