Royal Internationa Air Tattoo (pic heavy).

A3Tom

Smell my finger.
Reaction score
Well I popped up there yesterday with some mates for a day out. It rained pretty much non stop so it was hard to get shots due to lack of decent light but I got a few (although not as sharp as I want). The sun did come out a couple of times but not for long! :(

Anyway, some pictures for you to see...

Some mad Italians...
DPP_0003.JPG

DPP_0006.JPG

DPP_0007.JPG

No idea what this thing was (it was French) but my god it was rapid and VERY loud, awesome..

DPP_0008.JPG

grainy pic due to poo light and being shot at 300mm

DPP_0009.JPG

DPP_0085.JPG

Some of the static display aircraft...
DPP_0011.JPG

DPP_0012.JPG

DPP_0013.JPG

Some mad wing walking women...
DPP_0016.JPG

DPP_0017.JPG

DPP_0020.JPG

DPP_0023.JPG

DPP_0025.JPG

Loads of helicopters there...
DPP_0029.JPG

DPP_0031.JPG

DPP_0032.JPG

DPP_0048.JPG

DPP_0051.JPG

Couple of Hawks I think..
DPP_0036.JPG

Sea Harriers were there and put on a great show, my mate flys one of these off the deck of a war ship...truly awesome machines..

DPP_0038.JPG

DPP_0039.JPG

DPP_0040.JPG

DPP_0042.JPG

DPP_0061.JPG

The 40 aircraft fly-by approaching...
DPP_0045.JPG

A B-52 rocked up for a few passes next....HUUUUGE..
DPP_0062.JPG

DPP_0063.JPG

More.......

Apache....
DPP_0064.JPG

Red Arrows..
DPP_0066.JPG

DPP_0070.JPG

DPP_0071.JPG

DPP_0072.JPG

DPP_0073.JPG

DPP_0074.JPG

DPP_0076.JPG

DPP_0077.JPG

DPP_0078.JPG

This was loud....
DPP_0080.JPG

DPP_0081.JPG

Finally, at the end of the day I heard this bad boy fire up. For those that dont know its the only flying Vulcan Bomber....
DPP_0082.JPG

DPP_0086.JPG

B-52 flying over its cold war buddy, something you wont see often, if ever....
DPP_0087.JPG

On the move...
DPP_0089.JPG

DPP_0091.JPG

DPP_0094.JPG

DPP_0095.JPG

DPP_0097.JPG

DPP_0098.JPG

DPP_0103.JPG

DPP_0112.JPG

Coming back in to land...
DPP_0116.JPG

DPP_0117.JPG

DPP_0120.JPG

And there you have it!. A long day shooting in horrid conditions, shame the sun wasnt out but cant win them all. Just miffed the light was so low and my pics suffered because of it!!.

Oh well!.

Nice pics, impressive machinery - looks like a good day out.

There's an airshow up here in Leuchars in Fife, may well go after seeing these.

There was some serious metal there alright, I was there mainly for the Vulcan though ;), it appeals to my 'inner geek'. I'd suggest going to any airshow if you like things that are fast and loud. I'd not been to one before but a mate got me a ticket so couldnt turn it down.

Good day out, shame the weather was so crap!. Would have been awesome had it been sunny :)

I'd been awake for rather too long when taking these pics too, I'd been working nights the night before and went straight from work...EEEEK. I'd been up 29 hours when I got to bed last night....broken!.

Lovin' the Vulcan and the Apache :thumbsup:

Respect for going straight from nights :weight_lift2:

Respect for going straight from nights :weight_lift2:

I'd done a drop back so should have been off at 2am but the world went ****** mad so got stuck on....always the same when you have to finish on time!.

Good photos Tom; you must have some type Paparzzi camera.

I was there on Saturday and the weather was pretty sunny all day... I got burnt just to rub it in.

Vulcan was good to see. No flying B1B, F22 or MiGs this year though, which was a bit of a shame. Guess there are some wars on at the moment.

F18 was damn good in my opinion as was Typhoon.

All of these were shot using a Canon EOS400D and a Tamrom 70-300 telephoto lens. :)

All shot at fairly low speeds to get a bit of prop/rotorblade blur ;)

Good photos Tom; you must have some type Paparzzi camera.

I was there on Saturday and the weather was pretty sunny all day... I got burnt just to rub it in.

Vulcan was good to see. No flying B1B, F22 or MiGs this year though, which was a bit of a shame. Guess there are some wars on at the moment.

F18 was damn good in my opinion as was Typhoon.

It was all good to be honest, sadly though the weather had closed in too much by the afternoon so the Spitfire didnt make it over :(

I love fast jets, but for me its always about the Spitfire and Hurricane. Always.

Nice pics as always Tom, some serious machinery there.

Nice shots Tom, Looked like a fun day out.

Red arrows are doing a show down in my Town for the carnival on Saturday so ill get some pictures as its amazing to watch!

Some great machines there Tom, I really like the apache's, real efficient machines.

Did you see a eurofighter? We went to waddington air show a few year ago and there was one there doing what i think is called vectoring??
Basically flying real slow about 100ft with the nose in the air and afterburners on, it sounded awesome.

Awesome pics, I was down there on saturday, i have over 1000 photos quickly wipped this one off my camera, its the french aircraft, I snapped this slit seccond shot....... I dont think this was ment to happen......... needs blowing up properly..........

BackFire.jpg

Some great machines there Tom, I really like the apache's, real efficient machines.

Did you see a eurofighter? We went to waddington air show a few year ago and there was one there doing what i think is called vectoring??
Basically flying real slow about 100ft with the nose in the air and afterburners on, it sounded awesome.

Yep, we saw the euro fighter.

A lot of the jets were doing the really slow 'nose up' passes....just awesome.

That french jet, I think its called a 'Raffel' or something was just awesome, spitting fire out all over the place :drool:

looks great i went to doncaster airshow when i was about 10 i need to go to one again i loved it ....

i really want to go to another .....great pics tom

Wish I could of gone.....I rememberseeing the Vulcan taking off at the Farborough Air show when I was about 12.....incredible.....I am definately booking the RIAT show next year....