Hoya lens filter any good?

willnabby

RS-one day soon!!
Reaction score
I've seen some hoya lens filters at a reasonable price, are they an ok brand?

As above, Hoya are pretty much the dog's danglies :) You have to go a long way further (into your pocket) to get even slightly better.

There are other brands on the market that can give pretty decent results too, but Hoya are no-nonsense. The only real exception to that is something that Buckas touched-on; there aren't too many other manufacturers on the market who should tempt you away from Hoya for a polariser. I've seen a lot of these, and even some brands who you might be tempted to look at fall a long way short of Hoya. The Hoya ones give really fantastic contrast reproduction, and are very good at their other primary use (reflection cancellation) - some of the cheaper ones just dull a reflection somewhat, whereas their Hoya counterpart is often a lot more effective...

Regards,

Rob.

PS> Did you get that flash then bud?

PS> Did you get that flash then bud?

yeah but only got it last weekend funnily enough after been outbid on ebay on a few occasions I finally got an olympus FL-36 at a good price, I would have prefered the FL-50 but they nearly always came up out of budget, I've not really had time to have a good go with it yet & as usual I'm struggling with understanding all the settings etc:uhm: lol
no doubt I'll be p m 'ing you for some advice soon lol.