Before and after on a £10 camara in 2002

mike60e

Reaction score
RS2000.jpg

Thats a real shame. I'm sure your gutted.

Thats a real shame. I'm sure your gutted.
I was at the time! The fire service said it was the alternator due to sticking open. At the time it only came out for car show's.
Then i saw the light, Got in to VAG cars.
:arco:

No!. I was in it at the time, I didn't know it was on fire at first, All these car's were going past and flashing their lights at me. Then all this smoke came into the car and the car just cut out, With me running as far away from the car incase it exploded.
:3sadwalk:

:yahoo:It was a funny sight, But not as funny as every body driving past and slowing down to have a look. I was waiting for it to explode, That would of been funny.

I had a fiesta years ago, the alternator on that got got really hot and the car died on the fast lane of the A1 at night no engine lights nothing. I coasted to the hard shoulder poured a bottle of coke over the red hot alternator. 10 minutes late it started and managed to drive me home. Im still greatful to the driver behind me at the time who avoided running in to the back of me then stayed behind me so I could use his headlights to find the hard shoulder.