Good software for editing images and creating advert designs?

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
Does anyone know what's a good software for editing images and creating adverts? Wanting to add images to the website and design a few banners, adverts and logos.

Thanks,

Damian @ DPM

For image editing i would use photoshop, but for graphics etc I would use xara X, you can get a 30 day trial from their site. It very easy to use and dead easy to export graphics etc.

I use Freehand & Photoshop to create ads/layouts, a good combination for clean results. Illustrator is good also, Quark possibly but not so flexible.

Adobe products are generally great...

For photo editing you'll probably never find better than Photoshop - CS4 is great, CS3 was pretty close to perfect and CS4 just builds on that.

I've never really used Illustrator, but I'm aware that it's certainly no slouch for (funnily enough) Illustrating work.

I started out using Corel products, using CorelDRAW for vector-graphics and desktop publishing, and Photo-PAINT for bitmap work. They're both great programs, and not far off their Adobe counterparts in terms of power; and to be honest I'd even hazard that their interfaces are a bit more intuative and easier to get to grips with, but the fact remains that Photoshop is industry standard, so if you're going to learn anything from scratch it might as well be that.

You might consider Photoshop Elements - it's got all the features that the majority of people need when editing photos, and is a) considerably cheaper, b) considerably easier to get 'early' results from, and c) a great way to build up your knowledge of the 'Adobe Way' before moving to Photoshop CSx.

Regards,

Rob.

pen tool on photoshop gor logos

tutorial > http://www.melissaclifton.com/tutorial-pentool.html

easy once you get used to it

if you have any trouble tell me what you need doing, will be able to knock it out - use photoshop everyday
smile.gif

drew

Actually, Adobe InDesign or Illustrator are both very good for making designs. Provided that you know how to use them properly.

Photoshop is good to create photo editing or digital art, where as the other two are better at setting out layout and vector arts.

Actually, Adobe InDesign or Illustrator are both very good for making designs. Provided that you know how to use them properly.

Photoshop is good to create photo editing or digital art, where as the other two are better at setting out layout and vector arts.

layouts are easy in PS, also you can make vectors in photoshop and keep them vectors and enlarge them as big as you want, never needed use for the other ones

drew