A3 1.8T, a few random pics

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Evening guys, no real reason for the thread, jsut took a few pics this morning and thought I'd share!

Gave the car a small clean this morning, and tried some megs trim detailer on the valances, and its come up really nicely!

gallery_168_26_25558.jpg

gallery_168_26_16497.jpg

Front mount all in and working properly at last, new 1 piece headlights too, modernise the front end a load!

gallery_168_26_62650.jpg

Chopped off my down turned tail pipes on my hidden miltek, and welded on a nice shiney pair of 2.5'' stainless pipes, slash cut and staggered to the curve of the bumper, the pics dont do it justice, but in real life they look REALLY good, and rather OEM style too.

gallery_168_26_46849.jpg

Excuse the poor pics, my phone is playing up lately!
gallery_168_26_50029.jpg

The one with darker wheels belongs to Frenchman on here

Nick

very nice mate..which FMIC is it?

whose car is the other one?

both very nice and I like the wheels...I'm repainting some TT 6-spokes this week, and not sure on the colour...astin black or anthracite?

its the tuner-stop FMIC kit from california Abdus, took ages to arrive, but was well worth it in the end, the pipes fitted the car perfectly.

All that needed serious trimming was the front bumper, as you can see, my lower valance is VERY thin now. the kit is made to fit comfortably behind an R32 bumper on a mk4 golf, so its a squeeze!

I love TT 6 spokes, they suit the 8L so well.

These are comming off soon for a refurb, and to be made into my new winter wheels, as I'm buying some shiney 18's for the summer months.

Frenchman on this forum owns the other one. it's due similar mods to mine over the next few months.

nice mate....need some facelift rear lights on...;)

really nice.

is your car already mapped?

Nice pics Prawn..

See you finally went for the lights i used to have. I would have given you my old set if you asked i only got like 50 quid for them any-way lol. How much did you pay for them? You wired up the angel eyes?

Ive got facelift lights now i want to spray the insides black at some point though.

My car goes to Jabba on the 25 th cant wait :hubbahubba:

I think you need some german plates and facelift lights.

Ive got a load more plans for mine coming up keep you posted.

Whats next for yours??

J

The car has been mapped now yea, but I've still had loads of problems!

It made 238bhp and just over 250lb ft, but the turbo lasted less than an hour after I picked it up! turns out my ebay 'low mileage' turbo was a shitter.

I've now got a decent new ko3S on there, and its running quicker than ever. So much so that at 22psi in 5th gear, and clutch has started slipping, poor clutch is only 28k old too! So I think its time for a lightened ABF flywheel and VR6 clutch setup.

It desperately needs facelift rear lights I know! and I'd love some german plates, French has them, and they look awesome.

Last up is new wheels now, and it's just about done outside.

On the hunt for some red/black mk4 gti recaros to finish off the inside

Love it mate, stealthy, I must admit I dont like the front lights but thats just me. Look forward to seeing the wheel choice

So I think its time for a lightened ABF flywheel and VR6 clutch setup.

I

you will like this :D

car feels so much different to drive and revs much better

I got my Sachs clutch kit from VWSpares and my ABF flywheel lightened my Martin on Clubgti. Well worth it:yahoo:

The exhaust looks awesome. I like the staggered slash cut look. :cool:

Cheers for all the comments guys.

Extremely similar OEM style 18's comming next week I hope!

Me neither grathies! I want them to be hidden away!

The fmic was never intended to be visable at all. I initially thought I could get it all behind the bumper, but when I realised that would never happen, I planned to annodise both the core and pipes black to blend in.

Sadly, I got ****** around a treat by the guy supplying the FMIC, and had to rebook my remap 4 times due to it not arriving.

It eventually turned up 6 months late, and I had 2 days to get it fitted before the car was mapped, so I never had time to have it annodised.

Do you know anybody in the pompey area who could annodise the core and 2 lower pipes? I've got a second car now, so can afford to take it off the road to get it done.

Ordering my 18'' S4 avus wheels with Eagle F1's next week :)

very nice car i would do the same but, im gettin rid of it to make way for a civic type r! what did you do with the toweye now that the FMIC is there?

I cut the towing eye off :) I dont need it do I?

If it breaks down, I will simply insists that the AA send a flatbed and not a rigid tow bar.... I've done that all my life anyway, having a mini which cannot be towed on a rigid bar.

New wheels arrived!

gallery_168_26_134259.jpg

gallery_168_26_127147.jpg

You got them in the end then mate really liking them they look awesome, getting bored of my wheels now want something different,

Debadge the rear will you team stealth lol,

J

Looking good mate!! im picking up some new summer wheels on saturday too, jason might be a bit miffed when he finds out what they are:sly:

josh

What are french plates?? like the car alot mate, how do you find the front headlights do they work well? and would they take xenons?

Those headlights took a set of HID's last week -

20657_245049111776_501476776_3743442_1261940_n.jpg

A better photo of the car these days, its still very smart ! -

17060_272225475129_709735129_4519471_4795589_n.jpg

cheers Jarrod :) she's still looking OK, and amazingly, going better than ever! I'll get some shots of the new interior up at some point. half leather recaros from a very late tdi quattro :)

the HID kit fitted straight into the headlights with no problems at all

By photo of the new interior I'm guessing you mean these ones ?

17060_272225355129_709735129_4519459_2965913_n.jpg

17060_272225335129_709735129_4519458_5695732_n.jpg

17060_272223815129_709735129_4519349_6600707_n.jpg

I don't want to seem like I'm molesting your thread but here a a few photos I've got over the last few years -

mhav04.jpg

241m8no.jpg

2elzcbt.jpg

2d135ok.jpg

I love how I've remembered my password and can post on here again !

Last edited:
How are the lights at night, just as bright as standard?

to be honest, with the bulbs that came with them, they were awful. somehow halogens through projector lenses don't seem to work so well.

I've now put a set of HID's in them, and the light output is simply amazing. Very happy indeed

Where abouts did you buy the lights from, considering them on my silver a3 as i cant be assed to fit facelift and cut the wings. So full beam and hids on dipped works well then, and MOT issue at all?

they're just the black angel eyes sold on ebay for about £130, striaght bolt on and the wiring is just a plug. dead simple really.

I'm running HID's in the dipped and the original 55w H1 bulbs for mains and they're brilliant now, although I'm going to buy some Osran nightbreakers for the mains next week to see if it's even better :)

No issue at all at the MOT 2 weeks ago

Dude, I've got a set of Nightbreakers at home.

I've got H1, H4 and H7's, you can have them for an aryton ?

Ah man, if you've got a set of H1's I'll definately have them from you! Shall I pop over after work tomorow? We still on for NR on weds?

Ah man, if you've got a set of H1's I'll definately have them from you! Shall I pop over after work tomorow? We still on for NR on weds?

No point in coming over tonight, they are down the end of the lean-too which is snowed in. I'll dig them out tomorrow and bring them to No Rice.

How you planning on getting to NR, I don' t fancy taking the pop on my own because of the snow. But I guess you won't be coming home first ?

This is the ride my woman wants.

By photo of the new interior I'm guessing you mean these ones ?

17060_272225355129_709735129_4519459_2965913_n.jpg

17060_272225335129_709735129_4519458_5695732_n.jpg

17060_272223815129_709735129_4519349_6600707_n.jpg

I don't want to seem like I'm molesting your thread but here a a few photos I've got over the last few years -

mhav04.jpg

241m8no.jpg

2elzcbt.jpg

2d135ok.jpg

I love how I've remembered my password and can post on here again !

haha, Jardo just linked me to this! Can't believe how things have changed over the years :)

Cars are looking good guys. :) x