Leica DLUX 3 and RAW files

zipper

Reaction score
I'm no expert so beware! But I decided to purchase a small compact camera that was capable of getting some really good shots and that I would feel confident using so I opted for the Leica DLUX 3..I really like this camera BUT i've been told to shoot all photos in RAW by my mates who are pretty serious when it comes to photography.

So (you know what's coming next), I did this but when I upload to my PC all these files appear that I can't open. What photo software should I use, my mac came with Aperture and it gives a message that I can update it for £30 or something but I'd like to be able to shoot in raw, hook in the USB and for it just to recognize it without needing converters or something similar.

Also ISO setting, indoors with standard lighting..bit dull. I took a few photos and they look misty, when I zoom in there's a lack of clarity:faint: ..I'm a noob so I shall read the manual today..again!

Any help/ advice much appreciated thatnks.

You can download a RAW viewer from windows update, if your running windows.. I would also suggest that you get a copy of Photshop elements. This will open RAW files and also allow you to edit and manipulate all the photos...

cheers, I am running mac osx version 10.4.11 but am about to go to leopard..

your-ride-looks-amazing!!! V.nice:rockwoot: