New-ish shots..

Deanphoto

fell down the stairs :(
Reaction score
Website
www.deanphoto.co.uk
Afternoon all.

Dead bored here at work so thought I'd share some recent photos. I'm an aspiring automotive photographer, I'm currently stuck in a rut photography wise and I'm lacking some cars to shoot so, if you own a photographic car, live in the south and fancy some photo's doing get in touch!

Nice pictures buddy shame you don't live /work up here because you could take shots of my car and bike.

Nice work!

Loving the sky tones in the first two. I've had things close to that but never anything moving - doing HDR using Photomatix. If you don't want to let the tricks slip no worries, but how did you achieve the skies? Also what hardware are you shooting with?

Regards,

Rob.

FactionOne said:
Nice work!

If you don't want to let the tricks slip no worries, but how did you achieve the skies? Also what hardware are you shooting with?

Regards,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Thanks very much.

RE: Hardware, errr, lots. Nikon D200 w/bgrip, 80-200 f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 18-70mm kit lens, 10.5mm f2.8 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20mm. 2x Vivitar 285 flashes connected wirelessly with pocket wizard radio triggers, plus multiple bits for attaching to cars/manfrotto tripods and arms, light stands etc etc etc.

Re: Sky's. The 2 shots you mention were both taken with ND filters and they give a purple tint, this is probably because they are cheap asian ones :icon_thumright: . I just gave the colours a bit of curve bumpage in the first.

Impressive list of lenses! I really want a decent 2.8 and something wide angle - was thinking about the Sigma 10-20 because I've heard really good reports. I've got a cheapy Sigma 70-300 APO DG and while it's always gonna be a cheap lens I don't think it's that bad.

You've gotta love the asian filters! I bought a handful a while ago but haven't really been out and about to play with them yet. That was another benefit to the Sigma lens above - it's the same thread as my kit 18-55 :)

Anyway, thanks again and top work!

Rob.

FactionOne said:
was thinking about the Sigma 10-20 because I've heard really good reports.

It's a great lens for the money! The only 2 bad things are the weight and they way it can produce slightly soft corners wide open, but not enough to demolish a picture :icon_thumright:

The rain actually stopped for what must have been 45 minutes earlier on today in Winchester, And so I loaded the car up and headed out to try some more rig shots (all new to me). I have a bit of a vibration issue with the rig but I thought this one came out okay, even with the vibration...

2098201318_6fd523dd63.jpg

And no, I never actually drive with the fogs on!!

WOW! and i thought my casio £150 camera too amazing photos!!

Some really nice photos there bud, how on earth do you take moving pictures of your own car??!!

ash_s3 said:
Some really nice photos there bud, how on earth do you take moving pictures of your own car??!!

Cheers!

You attatch the Camera to a rig which sticks to the car via suction pumps. You then push the car along at walking speed and trigger the camera remotely. By using a long shutter speed it gives a nice motion blur.

Then all you have to do is spend a couple of hours photoshopping the rig out of the shot! :ohmy:

This is the overview at least, it's slightly more complicated and much more expensive than it sounds :faint:

Hello, Love the shots, i am a photographer my self, and although do not specialize in Automotive, I really want to set up a rig, how did you do yours?
Many thanks

James.