FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hey folks,

As I mentioned on another thread, my friend Anthony from work, a couple of lads from Awesome GTI (Andy and Kev) and myself all went on a wander around Manchester for a few hours with our cameras a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn't say we got any particularly epic shots but I thought a couple of them were alright, and most of all it was an interesting evening - not least because of the frequent questions from passing drunks!

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few of the shots on here...

Rob.

PS> Look, download, whatever - it's all good - but please note they're copyright (©) 2007 Rob Bolton and all rights are reserved.

IMG_0027-01.jpg

IMG_0070-01.jpg

IMG_0115-01.jpg

IMG_0126-01.jpg

IMG_0028-02.jpg

IMG_0042-01.jpg

IMG_0004-01.jpg

IMG_0017-01.jpg

IMG_0019-01.jpg

IMG_0058-01.jpg

IMG_0071-01.jpg

IMG_0134-01.jpg

IMG_0140-01.jpg

nice pics.

how do you do the pics with the lights, eg car headlights

Nice one Rob.

Indeed you do receive some funny stares whilst making your way around a city with a camera and tripod! I think most people think: "why ain't they out getting drunk like us?"

Good stuff mate,

Rob :)

Thanks for the comments chaps :)

And yeah rick, as steve says it's pretty straightforward really - you just sit the camera on a tripod and leave the shutter open for a good few seconds, that way it captures enought light for a well exposed picture and at the same time any movement. I was using a remote control as well, because even on a decent tripod (which mine certainly isn't!) you can blur the picture if you move the camera when you press the shutter release (a tip here though is that if your camera can't be used with an IR or cable remote, you can always use the self-timer).

Rob.

Hi Rob
Those are some cracking pics ;)
I never thought that Manchester would look sooo good
I have some at home of out old MK3 Capri with the lights like that , does look impressive and it was a while ago (blimey 19 years or so)
But good work
Sarah

There was a Canon EOS discovery evening on last night, it was a display of all their EOS range. Lots of inspiring tips too.

Thanks again folks.

Chris - if you ever see that scheduled for a repeat or posted on YouTube or something please make sure you give me a shout mate! I'm slowly getting to grips with the EOS way of doing things (I've just found the joys of custom-functions) but I know there's still a lot to learn!

Sarah - Yeah, Manchester didn't come off too badly eh! Fair play on the Capri btw - did you have it for a getaway car? :laugh: You'll have to ask Kev if he got some good shots - he had a hard time of it though because he didn't have a tripod with him. Andy might've taken a few snaps on borrowed cameras - he was along mainly to help figure out which camera he wants to spend on I think. I'd be grateful if you'd say hi to them both from me too - but you might have to refer to me as 'Mr Chow's mate'!

Take it easy,

Rob.

Hi Rob
Capri was greeeeeat fun
Back end never went where the front end went lol
Passed on your regards to them both too
Andy says he may settle with the 400d with the cashback offer at the moment
Sarah

Sarah - Yeah I guess that's the thing with Capris! Loads of smiles when it happened though no doubt! Thanks for saying hi to the lads for me.

Lottie - Ta muchems! Yeah I've got an EOS 350, would like something with a metal body and the Digic II DSP but there are bills to pay and the 350's still a great little camera. So what's your Nikon?

Rob.

Great pics Rob, i especially like the pic with the big wheel in shot and the trailing light trails from the cars passing by

Lee

Some half decent pix there Rob, I.Too am also a"Tog", but I wouldn't fancy taking my gear out at night on the streets of Mancy!!:scared2: