My S4 Avant

Russboy

Reaction score
Recently sold my Evo:

Still have my van though:

Reason for the sale of the Evo (and the van soon when I get round to it!) is that I need to get down to ne vehicle as the parking rouund here is pretty poor. As I have 2 large dogs and run my own pub a quick estate was the ideal solution.

Anyway, the reason im here is that 3 weeks ago I bought this:

As per usual with me it didn’t stay standard for very long!!

Got my RS4 grill, bonus at £40 for a genuine part! Stripped off the chrome and as the sun was out a spraying session was in order, result:

Was debating to leave the new updated badge off but decided to go with it:

Looks even more aggressive with the lights on:

and even more so with the fogs on (not that I would be chav enough to drive it on the road like this unless the weather required)

Of course the back had to change as well, from this:

to this:

Next mod to keep me legal was this:

Good old Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth Car Kit. Got one of these in the van and it's a great bit of kit. One of my pet hates is people using the phone whilst driving, have been known to shout at people to "get off the f***ing phone!"
Plus at £73.50 to my door, I think it's a bargain.

Where i've screwed the screen in, if I ever decide to remove it the holes wont be visable:

Decided to stick with my plate i've had for years, rather than get an S4 plate on there:

Still not 100% if I like the shortened plates on the Audi as much as when they were on my van, Cupra R and VR6, but growing on me.

Other mod, well just a little one really, aerial that is! No loss of reception either so all good:

Next mod:

Some clock rings.

Stop laughing at the back I said "CLOCK RINGS!"

On the right side of £30 delivered so no major cost really, just look quite classy I think.

Next on the list was some window tints:

As it happened all my brakes were knackered so decide on a natural upgrade, EBC brakes all round:

278454236.jpg

Also at the same time my next mod turned up so they got fitted together to make the car look like this (along with me painting my callipers as well):

Next job on the list was to fit most of this lot (minus the amp and cd changer):

At the same time I decided to fit my reversing camera, always a nervous task drilling through your tailgate! Anyway, end result is this:

Think that’s it for about now, what do you reckon? Not a bad turnaround in 3 weeks really!

Feck! You've been busy fella!! Looks sweet as now - was tempted with the lambo wheels too but wasn't sure what they'd look like on a B5.

How many gadgets you got in there??

well done mate...looks stnning it really does... short plates on audi's look the piece too. got them on mine everyone loves them..

Randomjim said:
Very nice mate. How does it compare to the evo?

To drive?

Chalk and cheese. Evo was all out power, pretty much nowt could touch it. S4 is refined, no rattles, with smooth power.

Evo you could make someone **** their pants in 5 secs or quicker, Audi can be thrown about as much but it'll never be as quick as the Evo, but then thats not what im after. The whole Audi idea/reason for me was the compromise between power and practicallity.

I can still say I owned a nigh on 400bhp Evo and those that experienced it witnessed how fecking quick that thing was, but the reality is that im 32 this month, I have my own business that at times requires a vehicle to carry loads and I have 2 dogs. Basically I out grew the Evo, in fact for me the Mitsubishi was called the perfect name "Evolution" as for me that what it meant.

Evo = a great car, scrap that, a fecking awesome car!

Would I change my decison, no. Is the S4 a second best car to the Evo, not in the slightest.

Decided I didnt like the camera where it was, too obvious, so the new and improved version:

279186243.jpg

279186240.jpg

I think you missed a camera angle :meeting:

Seriously though, its a nice looking motor. BUT!! from the back i actually see a ford sierra estate!!! No really i do!

Bah, only pic i could google was this:

****** hell, you've been busy havent you. Top marks for effort and it looks stunning.