First rig shots

steve1975l

Reaction score
Here is my first attemt at a rig shot. Can't do much PS at home as laptop is too slow to run CS2.

IMG_3712.jpg

Is that car stationary? Not sure I like the fake motion blur, but the aspect is interesting; these sorts of shots are usually taken from a lower angle. What's causing the vignetting?

Took a stationary shot and then a moving shot and combined them hence reflections. Was on my own so had to drive hence combining images because of camera shake. I didn't try a further away and lower shot as I ran out of time. f22 to blame.

Have you got a pic of the rig you have built? Presume that's it behind the wheel?

Simply a pole with a couple of magnets and an elbow joint. A manfrotto arm, adaptor plate and clamp to attach camera to pole.

Still working on examples pics taken from this site automotiverigs.com on how to clone out rig.

You'd have to trust the rig before fastening your pride and joy onto what looks like chopped up bits of scaffolding pole!
I managed to get rid of the rig, more or less, doing a quick and dirty in CS2 - polygon around the rig then motion blur and adjust the levels to match in.
rovernorig.jpg

Thats why I haven't taken any more...need a voltunteer to push. Hopefully will take some more on Saturday.

Wow nice PS. I have tried various tools and you can always see where I have been. Any chance of mailing the *.psd file so I can see exactly how you did it.