What Camera kit do you have?

Just bought a Canon 100d. love it...

got a quick question.. how do people add the "blade boa photography"? is it just going through PS or something? or is there a quick way?

thanks

Update,
Now got a 6D and its fantastic.
Selling off the 450d with extras, ad in the classifieds.

Reactions: warren_S5, markos72 and Phil-1
Update,
Now got a 6D and its fantastic.
Selling off the 450d with extras, ad in the classifieds.

Let's know how you get on with the 6D. I'm thinking of getting a 7D need the crop, but was thinking of also getting a used 5DMK2 for landscape and studio.

Phil

I wanted a 7d for its frame rate. I am interested in how the 6d is too. I could perhaps lose the 5d2 for one if fps up to it

I was looking at the 7D but opted for the 6D with its full frame goodness, 4fps is adequate for me.

I use my old 20d in the studio and now as my back up.

The 60 is marginally quicker but still bogs now and again on full res captures on burst for action capture even on fast cards.

Canon EOS 1100D here,with 2 lenses,70-300mm zoom and 18-55mm,couple of uv filters and a tripod I have yet to try out-nowt fancy in terms of equipment.Hoping to maybe get a few new lenses later this year.Decisions decisions...
Have already posted a few pics in various sections,as always all criticism and comments sought :)

@Markos, Is that the Tamron 70 - 300?
If so I love that lens, I used mine to shoot that photo of the fox in the other section.

Reactions: markos72
No its the Canon 70-300. Had it for years,missus got it for me ages back. Its what I use for all my motorsport stuff.

Canon 60D
Tamron 18 - 200 Lens
Canon 50mm F1.8 Mk2

Love the 50mm Prime lens!
Hoping to build the collection up this year and get into photography more!

Ive got a Nikon D3200, with the 18-55mm nikon lense, and a Sigma 70-300mm Zoom. Brought it a few years back. Got a few filters, lens hood, remote button and a tripod.

Also added the Nikon Speedlight SB400 flash, as I am already learning about shadows from the flash as I teach myself. I am a trillion miles from a pro, but I have taken some good shots with it.

Just got a nice bonus so thinking about an upgrade. Do I go for the 70D (like the crop sensor) and a 6D or just bit the bullet and get the 1DX?

Depends what you hope to shoot. Would you get vfm out of the 1 dx. I know it's awesome but if it'd not see much use....

The 1DX is a great camera, but I do like the crop of the 70D. Your properly right I might just keep the 50D as a back up and put the change from the 70D towards a nice bit of glass.

Glass is where it's at. My 60 d provides decent images on an L series and is fast enough to capture motorsports

It's a nice lens but it doesn't get a lot of use. The Canon 24-105mm F4 L is my lens of choice for everyday stuff, and then the 300mm F4 L or 70-200mm F2.8 L for Motorsport and wildlife.

What I don't have is a nice macro lens

Just got a nice bonus so thinking about an upgrade. Do I go for the 70D (like the crop sensor) and a 6D or just bit the bullet and get the 1DX?

I have a 1DMk1, great for banging nails in, its a right old hefty bit of kit.
Go for the 6D, had mine just over a month now and its fantastic.

Just got home and my darling wife has got me a Canon 7D.

I had to check the car first for dents and scrapes ;-)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Broken Byzan and markos72
Canon EOS 5D mk3 with :-

EF 50 f1.2L
EF 85 f1.2L
EF 135 f2.0L
EF 16-35 f4L
EF 24-70 f2.8L
EF 70-200 f2.8L
600 EX-RT Speedlite
Really right stuff TVC-23 Tripod with BH-40 Ballhead.

..... and various bags depending on what I'm using that day my current favourite being a Billingham f1.4.

Mainly take candid photos of my lad and our two border collies but like everyone struggle to put the time I'd like to into it.

....Was looking at one earlier on this year and wasn't sure if I would use it.

Cheers Phil :friendly wink:

Only just bought it on Wednesday so only took a handful of test shots but it isolates the subject amazingly well and melts backgrounds completely. It's very front heavy so tries to tip the camera when hanging from the strap. Focus speed isn't as bad as you may have read using A1 Servo it's quite happy to take pics of moving subjects. On the flower pic the focus plane is about 2 inches deep on f1.2 to pick out the middle bud when checking for micro adjustment .....

YlHcLQcj

VKDGPyoV

uvXXi1sq

Reactions: Ghost
Looks good. I'm trying to decide if I want a super zoom 400mm plus, or something like the 85mm or a Macro.
I only buy "L" lenses so a zoom is going to be a big investment

Reactions: Rob2k68
I had the EF 100 f2.8 L macro before but never used it - just wasn't my thing but I'm not very creative. My 16-35 f4 has a macro function on it so that's useful to have if I ever need it.

Are you thinking 400 f5.6 prime or the 100-400 zoom ? Version 2 (or should I say ii) of the 100-400 f4.5-5.6 is getting some great reviews. Bought my last couple of lenses from Panamoz really good service and well packaged.

^^^ VERY nice that is proper going large !!!!

Canon man here..mainly shoot landscapes, love the night sky and then just general stuff like my cats.. They are great for practicing!! :)
70d
EFS 10-18mm
EFS 18-135mm STM
EFS 55-250mm IS
EF 50mm F1.8
EF 85mm F1.8
Speedlite 270EX
Some filters etc..

Looking to get a 70-200 L F2.8 down the line and possibly a 17-40 L.. Need to cram in some overtime though.

I have just completed my 1st wedding with the above kit as a favour for a mate. Turned out better than I thought tbh and I absolutely adore the 85mm! New favourite lens for the time being anyway. :)

Reactions: Ghost, Rob2k68 and Phil-1
Here are my toys, for my Nature & Motorsport photography

IMG 0145k

All Canon
Cams:
1D MKIV
20D(only used for macro)

Lenses:
EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM
EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L USM
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS USM
EF 500mm f/4.0 L IS USM Prime
1.4TC
2.0TC

Flash:
Speedlite 580EX Flash

Plus loads of other stuff

My most used lens has got to be my 500mm. I use it all the time for both Motorsport & Nature(especially for Bird photography)
IMG 0159k

Reactions: Archies, Phil-1, Ghost and 1 other person
Omg i am so jealous!!!!!! Lol fantastic collection Codlot!!! ;)

Reactions: Phil-1 and Ghost