New Toy.....

Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing some photos! :icon_thumright:

Thanks - I will! This weekend should see me out and about with it unless the Mrs Sees the credit card bill before then :-/
I'll be in a body bag!

Reactions: Sandra
​Have fun with the new Camera, look forward to seeing lots of different pics. :) x

I blame Rallyman, lots… :hi: Ghost too, and he worries me… :blink:

But you've both remotely ADDED to my bank account!

I hadn't even noticed this audisport Photography and Digital Darkroom forum before November 2013 but having seen your post 19th November it got me thinking. Olympus? Now I've never had an Olympus camera, hmmm.

But my camera stock at that time was FIVE; so 'we' made the agreement that I 'could' have a new camera but I'd have to sell at least one of the 'five' first - and so it was that the big sell began.

First to go was a 'boxed with all documentation' mint Panasonic DMC-LC1 (Leica) digital camera, that went in 3-hours on eBay.

Followed with a mint Nikon F3HP with an f/1.2, a Nikon 35-70 zoom, Nikon 35-200 (with more than a couple of Nikkor accessories).

Next to go was my second 'boxed with all documentation' Panasonic DMC-LC1 (Leica) digital cameras, again mint, and sold on the 22nd December proviso I could guarantee delivery to Bournemouth on Christmas eve - no worries.

With the exception of a Nikon MD-4 motor drive (already with 2-bids) and an original F3HP case, everything sold in the six-weeks before Christmas.

Sales cleared and the money in I set about looking for an interesting replacement, the Panasonic DMC-GX7 was high on the list. But very quickly my heart warmed to the Fujifilm X-E2 with an 18-55 mm f/2.8-4 zoom, a highly rated piece of machinery. So, with the decision made, the order was placed on December 31st and the camera delivered on the 2nd.

So impressed with the quality of the machinery I set about calculating the sales value of the 3-cameras and accessories sold, less eBay commission of course, and found the Fuji 35 mm f/1.4 prime lens was easily within budget (especially as Fuji are currently offering £100 off), but that is still on its way.

Two Hoya Pro Digital protector screens, an interesting KAZA half case from Hong Kong, a second hand but wonderful soft leather bag from Ely, a 32GB SD card from Jersey, a remote control from Hong Kong and I'm back to all of the tools I had before and am still showing a 3-figure surplus.

Lots to learn but hopefully this camera will stay with me as long as the RS3, that's the plan anyway.

But I've held onto both my Panasonic DMC-TZ10 and TZ40, both superb carry-anywhere machines.

The lesson I guess it to start looking in those dark corners and find the stuff you no longer use and, if sold, could fund stuff you might prefer…

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, Ghost and Mr_Freeze
Nice one John, looking forward to seeing your………..WORK!!

...................................................................................................
free-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

hahaha I said it!
laughing-msn-messenger-smiley-emoticon.gif

Reactions: Sandra and 45bvtc
Nice. Can't wait to see the results from it.

The next step is a DSLR, then you will see the effect on your bank account

But I did consider both DSLR and mirrorless but decided the camera itself was/is more important than the bank account, and there's no pockets in shrouds anyway, as Ghost well knows.

I've been impressed with the TZ10 and TZ40 for several years now; have enjoyed using and seeing the resulting images: ease of carriage with 12 and 20x zoom respectively is good for me - and evermore I was leaving the DMC-LC1 at home.

So thank you but no, I'll stay with this mirrorless pocketsize Fuji X-E2 for now; go take a look:

FUJIFILM X-E2 | Fujifilm Global

I have always said it not the camera that takes the picture but the person behind it. I have over £5000 worth of camera kit now, and I still take more general family photos with a Nikon point and shoot.

Enjoy it 😃

Reactions: 45bvtc
I have always said it not the camera that takes the picture but the person behind it. I have over £5000 worth of camera kit now, and I still take more general family photos with a Nikon point and shoot.

Enjoy it 😃

I will Phil, thank you. :hi:

And I do agree with you 100% that it's NOT just the equipment as I've seen some crap engineering performed by guys using quality tools.

I'm also (since the mid 80's) a Breitling Navitimer (mechanical) owner, nice pieces of machinery but not so good at time keeping.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500