S3 & Olympic Stadium

Maz

Reaction score
I live local to the site and wanted to get some better shots but this was the closest I could get with the car without being stopped by security... The Veledrome and Aquatics Centre look amazing from a far but I couldn't see them from where this pic was taken. Want to try taking some outrageous shot's from a flyover close by in the early hours but common sense suggests not to, I just know the pics would look fantastic if I managed to pull it off.

S3Stadium2.jpg

Such a beautiful car, love the colour! I've had an a4 2.8QM for nearly a year now, saving up for an s3 now, being 20 i know the insurance might be a bit steep! Did you step up form a 1.8t a3 or?

Thanks Kriswa, If you can get insured on a 2.8Q I can't imagine it being much more than you are currently paying. I had an XR2 when I was 20 lol, how times have changed...

Prior to the S3 I had a mk3 golf gti which I wrote off.

8v or 16v mk3? quite a step up then to an S3. Yeah it wont cost alot more over the course of a year. Is your s3 standard in terms of bhp, 210 in your one? I dont see enough s3's on the road, such a special car when compared with just the 1.8t

I had the serioulsy slow 8v. The S3 felt like a rocket ship when I took a test drive in one and knew I had to have it. Mine is the 210 version with an APS map. Not sure what bhp its running but roughly around the 250 mark, both 210 and 225 versions map to the same figure. Yeah they are quite rare which is a good thing.

What colour S3 are you after?

ooh yeah 2.0 8v shouldnt of been badged a gti, i had a fiat bravo 1.8 16v before the audi, that would beat mk3's all day long. Well after having a black audi i really dont want black again, i have to clean it weekly to keep it looking nice! The grey you have is very interesting, not seen it before. I'm not sure whether the 8l wears red well?

Soo true, I almost died of embarrasment when a Toyota Yaris T-sport sailed past me many moons ago. You can get the 8L S3 in two shades of Grey, Dolphin and Mineral. Mineral is the rarer of the two but you can argue all day which looks better but if you ask me Mineral is the one to have.

Red S3's look hot imo and Missano red is a lovely deep red. (special order I think) You can also get them in Absolute red but most would agree it looks orange.

yeah i've seen the absolute red a few times. I was considering looking for a 1.8tqs a3 but their rarer than an s3 and it wouldnt be a real step up from my a4. Would be a big let down when i find myself at the lights with an s3 too! Yeah grey is cool, whats the mileage on yours? I'm expecting to pay around 6k for a good one i think.

I was after a 1.8TQ A3 initially but once I checked insurance and found the S3 was literally a few quid more to insure there was no contest + as you say they are ultra rare, even six years ago when I picked up my S3. I've only ever had one small blast with a 1.8TQ and there wasnt much in it when my car was standard.

Mileage on mine is around 94k but as long as the one you buy is well looked after these engines are solid.

£6k is a good amount to spend, you should find a sweet one at that price. Animal aka Tim sold his mint dolphin grey S3 for around that price recently.

Good luck with the search.

Lovely colour mate, is it Dolphin...i love Dolphin...almost as good as Red :)